Summerslam 2011 - Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix - WWE Divas Championship

Kelly has been the champion since June 20th? Good gosh, that's an eternity for a diva titleholder. It ends at the PPV.

I'd like to think they're going to do something with the divas when Beth wins the title because she's a strong enough performer to lead the rest of them. Still, we've been looking for this kind of thing for a long time.....and it never seems to come.

Funny how Beth was ignored since she returned from her injuries. I thought they were going to start her off with a bang (no pun intended, you animals; keep your minds out of the gutter:p).....instead, she was off TV most weeks. Glad to see her being used again and I hope it really amounts to something.

No one's going to bring up the fact that Beth Phoenix is pretty much the Kurt Angle of the Diva's division? Her amateur background is pretty extensive. If you guys are complaining that Beth Phoenix can't tell a story in the ring, and that's her biggest problem, then Beth Phoenix is sitting pretty damned high and mighty. Developing a routine you use to tell a story like all the great wrestlers do is a pretty easy thing, and Beth Phoenix, admittedly doesn't do it, and god only knows why not. I've seen her do incredible combos before, but then scratched my head and she then goofs everything up like she's confused. Yet, fact is she IS an incredible wrestler. If/when she gets it through her head to develop her own 5 moves of doom like Bret Hart had back in the day or Cena has now, she'll be set.

Just look at her for crying out loud, she's the new Chyna, and she needs to be treated as such, and hopefully she won't go bat-s**t loopy like her predecessor did.

Kelly-Kelly on the other hand... /sigh I don't even know where to begin with her, oh wait, yeah I do. She's a popular model in men's magazines and she fights the same way. A good stiff wind would knock her over.

In their match together at summerslam, Kelly-Kelly ought to go for a punch, Beth catches the punch in her own fist and then squeeze until Kelly-Kelly taps out and be done with it. Or just for added effect, after the match is over Kelly can be on her knees wringing out her hand, and Beth can military press her pretty little ass and drop it out of the ring.

Then you can start having Beth feud with both Bella twins at once and from there crush every woman in the company until Awesome Kong comes back, and then we could have an interesting divas rivalry until someone realizes pretty 100 lb woman with fake boobs and great makeup will never be taken seriously, but flat-chested, man-beasts like Chyna & Beth are taken seriously if they also prove they can perform in the ring.

I can't wait to see the amazon crush Kelly, and bury that pretty little joke.

BTW Why isn't there a Grace Jones type of female wrestler out there? That scrappy little b**ch was scary in Conan: The Destroyer. Take Alicia Foxx, punk her ass out, get her implants removed, and give her a Kamala kind of gimmick and that chick would scare the men.

I hope that Beth wins this because she is the best diva currently in WWE, but I don't see her winning. I heard Vince was high on Kelly and if Vince likes you I don't think you'll lose the title just over a month after winning it. I think it would help Beth to get over as a heel if she wins though because she will of beaten the current face of the divas division.

I don't ever recall one world champion in history winning a world title match by not executing ONE successful, offensive move throughout the match.

I can think of one... David Arquette. How did that turn out??? LOL

I just typed up a possible script for the match with 3 different endings that I believe would have made both characters credible but I lost it trying to edit my previous post LOL. Kelly can't be buried in this match as it would kind of discredit the rest of the WWE locker room and kill any chance of a Diva's resurgence. I'll try to sum up my scenario's quickly.

-2 collar elbow tieups, Kelly gets pushed to turnbuckle
-Kelly takes back, elbow to face, 2 count
-Beth on offense/ suplexes, bodyslams/ 2 counts.
-Whip to turnbuckle, Beth goes for running knee, Kelly moves, Beth hits turnbuckle (knee injury)
-Kelly: Roundhouse kick 3 times to knee, Beth still standing, Kelly hits enziguri. Beth goes down.
-Knee bar: Beth gets to ropes.
-Kelly: Attacks knee again, then hits Lou Thesz press, punches. 2 count
-Kelly rolls Beth over for one legged Boston crab. Beth screams like banshee, but gets to ropes.
-Kelly tries to attack knee again, Beth catches leg and hits lariat. Both down for 8 count, Kelly unconscious, Beth clutching knee
-Beth kick to stomach, sets up for finisher and...

#1. Kelly wins: Counter finisher with roll up for win
#2. Kelly wins: Beth's leg gives out, Kelly lands on top for win
#3. Beth wins: Hits finisher, still seen grabbing knee after.

I don't know about that match and the truth is that I don't really care.
Kelly Kelly is by far the most over Diva in the WWE, but is that a good thing? I don't think so...
WWE lost 2 divas that could wrestle in the past few days, McCool, Kharma and Layla are sidelined, two trying to make a family other with an injury until next February.

If they want to give some meaning to the title, they need to put the strap on Beth Phoenix or let Kelly Kelly retain and look strong doing it, therefore pushing her to be a believable champion.
They need to push Tamina and A.J that are other two that can wrestle, and Maryse vs Kelly Kelly needs to happen, and specially while one of them are relatively over.

You know after last night I would like to expand some on this, what I said earlier here.

In their match together at summerslam, Kelly-Kelly ought to go for a punch, Beth catches the punch in her own fist and then squeeze until Kelly-Kelly taps out and be done with it. Or just for added effect, after the match is over Kelly can be on her knees wringing out her hand, and Beth can military press her pretty little ass and drop it out of the ring.

I still think this is what should happen, but then she needs to go get a mic and issue an open challenge to the Divas in the back for a REAL title match, and warn them that if they can't cut it, she'll dominate & embarrass them. Then, to Beth's voiced approval, Natalya answers the call, and then it's up to them to give the best match any two divas could give. If that doesn't get a pop, the whole division had better just be gotten rid of.

Beth could also do well by getting on the mic and telling the men in the audience who want to watch pretty little models dance around the ring that they can shove it, and she's here in the WWE for the women and little girls in the audience to show them they can be "wrestlers" too and deserve respect as athletes, not eye candy, some jerk men will get bored of once they start to perform.

That would get a reaction out of everybody, and it's also squarely puts the pressure to perform on their shoulders (Beth & Naty). Naty might as well be Bret Hart in the diva's division, and Beth, Kurt Angle. If they can't get a good reaction from the fans together, and put on a clinic for female wrestlers everywhere, sorry but no divas can.

There is no way in fuck Kelly Kelly can beat Beth and still look legit. There's no way possible. If the WWE is serious and they plan on going somewhere with this Sisters of Domination gimmick, then Beth needs a win here. Maybe its just me but it seems like the WWE went ahead and gave Beth and Natalya the Kharma gimmick with a few tweeks. Kelly Kelly is over but in the past weeks, the crowd has been popping for the supposedly two heels Natalya and Beth Pheonix. It seems to be a new trend in the WWE to speak your mind and I like what I'm seeing lately. Maybe Beth and Natalya will dominate for the rest of the next year until Wrestlemania when Kharma returns. Whatever happens Sunday Night, I expect something suprising will happen.

Hamler's Prediction - Beth Pheonix will win the Diva's Championship

beth should win this match, she deserves it (just like naty). beths promo after the battle royal was exactly what everyone in the wwe universe need to here. becuz theyre the divas the fuck up the division. (bellas and Rosa) eve, kelly, and a.fox are great but the others need to go. lets go BETH PHEONIX!!!

This match is the first time in ages that is between divas and I'm NOT designating it as an opportunity to check facebook. Beth absolutely needs to go over here because she is by far the best girl they have and should reign supreme over the division. Her promo on monday explained what so many fans want.... a champion that can WRESTLE and for some of the model princesses to get (kayfabe) destroyed along the way. Beth has clearly inherited Kharma's push and she MUST win if WWE want anyone to ever take their female division seriously ever again. Just imagine a Beth VS Natalya match later down the line.... fingers are crossed.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Beth Phoenix will win the Divas Championship.

This match is the first time in ages that is between divas and I'm NOT designating it as an opportunity to check facebook. Beth absolutely needs to go over here because she is by far the best girl they have and should reign supreme over the division. Her promo on monday explained what so many fans want.... a champion that can WRESTLE and for some of the model princesses to get (kayfabe) destroyed along the way. Beth has clearly inherited Kharma's push and she MUST win if WWE want anyone to ever take their female division seriously ever again. Just imagine a Beth VS Natalya match later down the line.... fingers are crossed.

DAGGER'S PREDICTION
Beth Phoenix will win the Divas Championship.
People won't care about Beth vs Natalya. I mean, people on here would. Why would anyone else? 2 women, who pride themself on being good in the ring. Where's the interest? To see a good straight up wrestling match? That hasn't gotten anyone over since Sammartino.

I say Kelly puts up a surprising fight, maybe even pulls out the upset with a roll up, then Beth kills her afterwards. You need to have different pieces in a match. The problem is Kelly is a titless twig and is fuckin terrible in the ring. If they just had a bimbo with charisma and in ring ability, the feud would be awesome.

I really have enjoyed Beth's character. She's fierce again, and she has become the wrecking machine. She wants to destroy the barbie doll like divas, and she is doing a fantastic job with this character so far. Beth can manage any role pretty well, but she is more entertaining as the destructive force.

Although, I think Kelly will find a way to sneak away with a win here. Obviously, she won't be able to overcome Beth's power, so she'll have to find a way to evade Beth during the match. But Phoenix will win the title soon enough. She has been building some momentum lately, and the strap should be around her waist in the near future.

People won't care about Beth vs Natalya. I mean, people on here would. Why would anyone else? 2 women, who pride themself on being good in the ring. Where's the interest? To see a good straight up wrestling match? That hasn't gotten anyone over since Sammartino.

Because its part of a storyline, perhaps? You do remember storylines such as Angle/Michaels and Jericho/Michaels where the whole point of the feud was to determine whose better? The start of the second feud between Jericho and Michaels was a Judgment Day match over who the better wrestler was. I think youre forgetting a heck of alot of history over the past years, including, I dont know, the guy who wears a "Best in The World" shirt, and John Cena last month. I know the storyline was Punk leaving with the belt, but what did Punk want to disprove? The notion that John Cena is the best. Why wouldn't people, if a division starts to improve, start to care about it. Thats like saying noone will ever care about tag team wrestling again. Maybe not now, but they will if legitimate teams are in place.

I say Kelly puts up a surprising fight, maybe even pulls out the upset with a roll up, then Beth kills her afterwards. You need to have different pieces in a match. The problem is Kelly is a titless twig and is fuckin terrible in the ring. If they just had a bimbo with charisma and in ring ability, the feud would be awesome.

Im sorry, but what does Kelly being a titless twig have to do with this match? No, shes not a good wrestler. Thats the point of the feud, a very logical one. Beth wants to win the title because she wants to rid the division of people like Kelly, that cant wrestle and are just eye candy. What "pieces" are you looking for in a match? Beth starts out on the offensive, Kelly gets some offense, and maybe even hits her finisher. Beth kicks out, Glam slam, done. There are your pieces. Myself, Ive wavered over the finish and what could/should happen, and perhaps its too much, too soon for Beth and Nattie to take over the division. The one thing I agree with you on is that I think Kelly gets the surprise victory. She reverses the Glam Slam into a pinning combination, and then loses it at NOC to Beth. Thats logical, and it could work. Your logic here, basing part of the feud on Kelly's breasts, is rediculous.

LSN's prediction: Kelly Kelly defeats Beth Phoenix to retain the Divas Championship.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back