Super Mario Galaxy 2 -v - The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (GCube) 83

?

• SMG2

• Twilight princess

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
Super_Mario_Galaxy_2_Box_Art.jpg

250px-TP_Wii.jpg

Going with Twilight Princess here, while SMG2 is a great game, I do prefer playing the original in comparison whereas Twilight Princess ignited my love for the Legend of Zelda series. I also give TP more points as I felt it being more of challenge in comparison to Mario, you have strong puzzles and have to think your way through the game to advance the plot where SMG2 just felt too easy and while I have no qualms with any of the Mario games, I feel they are getting easier and don't have lasting appeal in comparison to Zelda which continues to go stronger by the game.

This might just be the toughest call this round, it will surely be a close match. Both are excellent games that show how far their respective series have come. I ended up picking Mario Galaxy 2 because it truly expanded upon the series taking it even further in the direction its prequel had and added Yoshi into the equation. It's a game that deserves all of the 10 out of 10 scores that it received. Twilight Princess, while a game I loved, didn't quite bring much new to the table the way that Mario Galaxy 2 did. Link's wolf form's just not cool enough to get me to push it above Mario, even though it was one of the things that really set Twilight Princess apart from the rest of the Zelda games, and is my favorite of Link's forms in any game. It was a very tough choice and I'll be happy with either title going over here.

I'm not a fan of the Galaxy series, but I won't deny that they are great games. The graphics of the two really appeal to me and I really enjoy the concept of the game. I loved running around the hub because it was such a great looking game. While all these things impressed me, I never got into Galaxy 1 or 2. There was just something about them that didn't keep me coming back. I don't know why but I didn't enjoy them as much as others did. Twilight Princess however, is my second favorite Zelda game. I enjoyed it so much and I still play it quite often. It gets my vote here because I found it far more fun than Galaxy 2.

For hardcore Nintendo lovers, this might be the equivalent of some hot chick asking which one of her tits is nicer. Just sayin'. :shrug:

I am going to give the nod to SMG2. It took everything wunderbar about SMG and added Yoshi. Who the fuck doesn't love Yoshi, I ask?

I also think my vote is more like a vote against Twilight Princess. It was the reason I got the Wii. Everything about it was typical Zelda, but it just felt so short. Like, I don't know how to explain it. Maybe I was just disappointed because I actually liked Wind Waker. Who knows.

I voted for Twilight Princess. There, I said it.

Twilight Princess is my favourite Zelda game. I liked the darker style and the character's in this game more than the Ocarina of Time. Super Mario Galaxy 2, while still a phenomenal game, loses points in my mind for being an extension of its predecessor. I usually don't care if a sequel is similar to the first if the gameplay is still great, but when it goes up against a game like Twilight Princess I have to take it into consideration.

Sorry Yoshi, but my vote goes to The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back