Surprise of the Year

What is the Surprise of the Year for 2016?

• Goldberg Returns

• Goldberg Squashes Brock Lesnar

• Dean Ambrose Cashes in Money in the Bank

• Sasha Banks vs. Charlotte Main Event Hell in a Cell

• Daniel Bryan Retires

• AJ Styles Debuts

• Shane McMahon Returns

• Zack Ryder Wins the Intercontinental Title

• Another Brand Split

• Finn Balor Vacates Universal Title

• Cruiserweight Division Returns

• AJ Styles Beats John Cena Clean

• Rhyno/Brian Kendrick Win Titles in 2016

• Kenny Omega Wins G1 Climax

Results are only viewable after voting.
I am between Shane's return and Goldberg squashing Lesnar. Nobody expected Shane to return and wrestle The Undertaker and nobody expected Goldberg to squash Brock Lesnar.

Lesnar was built like a character with cheat codes. He's been protected more than a 2015 Seth Rollins all of his career and he hasn't even wrestled on the reg since his impressive UFC days. Brock got his ass beat in less time than it took Goldberg to walk to the ring. Goldberg was a retired 50 year old man.

I've never been more shocked watching wrestling than to see Lesnar get squashed, post-UFC no less.

1h50by.jpg

This was all thrown at us in Shane's first 10 minutes back, and NO ONE saw it coming.

Goldberg beating Lesnar was a bigger surprise but AJ beating Cena clean at Summerslam was a better surprise, so I'm going to with that.

Imagine if AJ had made Cena tap? I'd have given it 'surprise of the decade'.

Got to go with Charlotte and Sasha headlining in a Cell match. Sad I'm in the minority on this, because had WWE not gone PG, I think maybe five or so years ago, the women's division would still be associated with Bra and Panties matches, and the like. Now, we've got two fantastic female talents headlining a PPV.

Mind you, Goldberg squashing Lesnar was hilarious, and my moment of the year, but when you put it in perspective, I think the women's match would stand the test of time more.

It's between Styles and Shane, both huge shocks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back