Survivor Series 2016

Hem

Getting Noticed By Management
Survivor Series is one of the longest running annual WWE PPVs and it's been famous for having great main events which were some sort of elimination tag team match.

Considered as one of the Big Four PPVs that WWE had, it slowly started losing its luster. The show wasn't booked seriously for many years but years recently have shown that with the rise of prominent factions, the WWE can put on a decent show.

This year I was thinking The Bullet Club just debuted (Karl & Luke) and will be lead by someone like AJ or Balor or maybe even Reigns. That gives one prominent faction.

If the Bullet Club is there then you have to believe that a faction or group will join forces to fight them off. If AJ leads the group Balor/Reigns could lead another. If Balor leads the group Reigns/AJ could lead another. If Reigns leads the group AJ/Balor could lead another.

That gives us two top groups for the Survivor Series event. But the WWE can make more.

Why not have (AJ) Bulletproof Vs. (Balor) Balor Club Vs. The Shield? Throw in John Cena and a few of his friends like Dolph/Cesaro/Orton etc.

I would book the main event of Survivor Series to be a fatal four way elimination tag team match with each team having three men.

The four teams would be:

1) Balor Club: Finn Balor, Karl Anderson, Luke Gallows.
2) Bulletproof: AJ Styles, Austin Aries, Samoa Joe.
3) The Shield: Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Dean Ambrose.
4) Team C MEN: Cena, Cesaro, Corbin.

(Aries debuts Money In The Bank to save Styles, Joe debuts at Summerslam, Corbin proves he's the best man to help Cena but is only doing it so he can kill so many indie darlings at once.)

Each team can have its own stipulation to motive it to win.

1) Balor Club wins, AJ Styles leaves WWE.
2) Bulletproof wins, The Authority gets WWE.
3) The Shield wins, Shane gets WWE.
4) Team C Men wins, all other groups must disband and restore peace.

I know it sounds like a bit much and there are some aspects I don't like but i think if the stories get stitched piece by piece, it can be a true masterpiece which is must see.

This match would drain much of the roster but I think the rest could be filled with:

1) KO (WWE champ after cashing MITB) Vs. Randy Orton.
2) Sami Zayn Vs. Ryback(C) US Championship.
3) Wyatt Family Vs. Enzo & Cass.
4) American Alpha Vs. New Day(C)
5) Miz Vs. Sheamus Vs. Apollo Crews(C) IC Title.

I think there's too many stipulations on that one match; so much so that WWE would never consider it because it could come across too confusing having 4 different possible outcomes compared to the usual 2 that they do.

I really want Survivor Series to be special but history shows WWE just doesn't care about this event. Year after year WWE has an opportunity to build epic Survivor Series matches only to end up making those matches an after thought.

Last year was a prime example Wyatts vs. Taker and Kane. Hmmm Wyatts are a stable why didn't they make it a Survivor Series match? Give two other guys a rub.

That said it's too early to see what could be done at the Survivor Series since we don't know how the landscape will be in the next few months. Normally there's a story line shift around Summer Slam.

But with the talent the WWE has not especially with NXT, there's no reason not to have an epic Survivor Series match.

There's rumors that War Games might finally make its WWE debut, that would certainly spice up the classic 4 vs 4 match.

Want a truly special Survival Series 2016? Do something completely different, buck all trends and throw tradition out the window for one year and see what happens. Here's the idea....

Whatever PPV before Survivor Series in a championship match, Roman Reigns vs John Cena ends in a double pin.
The Championship belt is vacated. Roman comes out on a Raw demanding his belt or a rematch for it. John Cena says he wants a shot, then the craziness begins. Mid carders come out like The Miz, Rusev and Big E wanting their opportunity. Kane, Big Show and Cesaro, everyone is coming out making an argument for the title.

It's announced at Survivor Series 2016, a company wide opportunity will happen for the WWE Heavyweight Championship.

Completely copying the WCW Starcade 1991 Pay Per View Battlebowl, Lethal Lottery...Survivor Series will have two rings placed side by side. There will be all tag team contests, but the teams will be chosen by Shane and Stephanie spinning a barrel of tickets with Wrestlers names on them. The match up opportunities and surprises for tag team matches are endless, anyway, the winning teams go to the final match, an over the top rope battle royal, once eliminated from the first ring, you have to enter the second ring. Once eliminated from ring 2, your night is over. The last survivors of both rings have a one on one match, the winner is the new champion.

Possible cards .....

Cesaro and Kevin Owens vs Alberto Del Rio and Sin Cara

Big E and Rusev vs Kofi Kingston and Golddust

Randy Orton and Sheamus vs Dean Ambrose and Miz

Dolph Ziggler and Baron Corbin vs Xavier Woods and Sami Zayn

John Cena and Brock Lesnar vs Tyler Breeze and Fandango

Roman Reigns and Kane vs Stardust and The Undertaker

Seth Rollins and Aj Styles vs Anderson and Luke Harper

Bray Wyatt and Gallows vs Braun Stroman and Mark Henry

Kalisto and R Truth vs Bubba Ray and Big Cass

Triple H and Apollo Crews vs Fin Balor and Nakamora

Battlebowl -------

Ring One winner ------ Brock Lesnar

Ring Two winner ------ Cesaro ( By Eliminating John Cena).

Cesaro makes a huge comeback and defeats Brock Lesnar to become new champion.

My proposal for Survivor Series... WWE War Games!

Only, make the stipulation be that the winning team wins ALL the gold. Teams of 5 with 1 designated for WWE WHC, one for IC Title, one for US Title and then a tag team. 5 teams of 5 pairing up stables and just guys looking to win it all.

It's elimination style so as soon as someone is eliminated, the next guy comes in. The last team standing wins all the gold.

The Club - AJ Styles (WWE WHC), Finn Balor (IC), Hideo Itami (US) and Gallows/Anderson (Tag)

Team Reigns - Roman Reigns (WWE WHC), Dean Ambrose (IC), Kalisto (US) and The New Day (Tag)

Team Cena - John Cena (WWE WHC), Sami Zayn (IC), Cesaro (US) and Enzo/Big Cass (Tag)

Team Authority - Kevin Owens (WWE WHC), Sheamus (IC), Alberto Del Rio (US) and The Usos (Tag)

Wyatt Family - Bray Wyatt (WWE WHC), Luke Harper (IC), Erick Rowan (US) and Braun Strowman and Bo Dallas (Tag)

This match could take a good chunk of the show and add in some other matches like

WWE Women's Championship - Sasha Banks(c) vs Becky Lynch
Charlotte vs Bayley
Seth Rollins vs Rusev

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back