The Hall of Pain: Official Mark Henry HQ

Dan Severn's Moustache

Patent Pending
2111902-night_of_champions_4.jpg

The World's Strongest Man, despite his low seeding at #119, is a potential dark horse for the last 16 this year. Facing off against the criminally overseeded Chris Benoit in the first round, this is an EASY opportunity to pull off a major upset in the first round if we argue coherently. We can use this thread if we have to, because I strongly believe 2011 Henry can beat 2004 Benoit (that's where I believe their primes to be). Next up for Henry is either Misawa or Jack Brisco, which might be too much for Henry to chew because of the consistency of both guys. Brisco would probably be the slightly easier pick of the two, especially considering that Misawa has a thread already. If Henry pulls off a miracle, he faces most likely Jericho, who has a massive fanbase that will vote blindly, but again, Henry should give him some trouble with support.

Henry deserves to beat Benoit in my opinion. I'm going to save saying why for when the threads go up, but getting past Benoit will be excellent, and certainly possible with support.

Benoit is a good draw for Henry. It shouldn't be a stomp. It's close enough to be one of the first round matches that's really hard for me to call. Both are going out the second round anyway [because they've got either Misawa or Jack Bisco] so that may influence my vote.

Yeah, I really don't have a case for him beating Misawa or Brisco, but he could actually tackle Benoit for a big upset in terms of seeding. I'm starting to key together a really good case at the moment in my mind.

This Benoit match-up is so much fucking fun. People keep pulling out Benoit's consistency as their trump card, when consistency only really matters in terms of your top run. Benoit's consistency in his top run was struggling against a glorified midcarder and enlisting the help of a ******ed guy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back