The "Kliqs" in the WWE modern day

Savion83

Pre-Show Stalwart
We all remember "The infamous Kliq" from back in the WWF. Which featured Scott Hall (Razor Ramon), Kevin Nash (Diesel), Shawn Michaels, Triple H, The Kid (Sean Waltman), and Justin Credible (Aldo Montoya). The backstage faction would use politic power backstage to get in the ear of Vince McMahon. Which helped make the group the sucess they all came to be in there wrestling careers, even to this day. (Wolf's up! TOO SWEET!)

After a few years post the death of WCW, it mainly was the Triple H show in the early 2000's. X-Pac (Waltman) was there but still a mid-carder, and Shawn Michaels retired for the first time (the Jordan move). So in early '01 right before Triple H's first quad injury. Triple H made this "Kliq 2.0" backstage with old and new members. X-Pac and Justin Credible (old), and William Regal and Albert (new). Nature's that help kill WCW from the inside out.

So to suceed in any pro wrestling company, is it right or just a good business move to get involved in a backstage politic group? Like they have in the WWE today...

The Triple H Kliq: (Father in-law) Vince McMahon, (was before retirememt) Shawn Michaels, (wife) Stephanie McMahon-Levesque, Arn Anderson, and Dusty Rhodes (FCW).

The Randy Orton (Anti-Triple H) Kliq: MVP, Rey Mysterio, (was) Umaga (R.I.P.), and the recently released Carlito.

The Freakshow Kliq: The Great Khali & Rajin S. Mark Henry, and Hornswoggle.

TNA

The North Carolina Kliq: Jeff Hardy, Shannon Moore, and soon-to be(?) Gregory Helms.

The TNA Frontline Kliq: Hulk Hogan, Dixie Carter, Eric Bischoff, Ric Flair, Kevin Nash, and Kurt Angle.

So is having or to be in a "kliq" really all that great?

This is the lamest thread ever. How would you know who's in what clique presently? Whoever wants to hang out together can, it happens in every business. Ultimately though, the talent gets ahead and the cling-ons fall back in the toilet (X-pac, Albert, Credible)

I'm not to sure about those groups you've named off... But to answer your question, no. Each "group" had to break up, and the wrestlers had to prove their ability to fight to even be somebody. So no, it doesnt pay.

If by "kliq" you mean friends in the business that you can travel with for company, to cut back on expenses or just hang out with, then I'm sure it's great to be in one.
However, if you are implying that being in the right kliq will get you far ahead of everyone else in the locker room, than I think you're wrong. No matter who your friends are, you still have to be talented and follow some rules to make it. EX Albert and X-Pac.

LMAO at everyone shitting on this poor poster. He is probably some 10 year old kid that thinks clicks are like wrestling stables and doesn't understand you can have friends behind the scenes in the real world.

LMAO at everyone shitting on this poor poster. He is probably some 10 year old kid that thinks clicks are like wrestling stables and doesn't understand you can have friends behind the scenes in the real world.

10? Then shorty to young to know who Tupac is. I guess he thinks the W that Pac is holding up stands for Wolfpac. Im gonna assume that he/she is about 27 seeing as how there's an 83 in the username.

While the OP's info might be totally off, he brings up a good point. Having friends in high places is always a plus in any wrestling business. And the only group I can imagine being a "kliq" would be Jericho, Christian, Punk and Helms (probably not anymore). Cuz if you remember correctly, those are all the guys who were involved with the drunken arrest earlier this year.

Look at history it pays dividends to hang around with the powers that be, I'm not saying it's right or wrong, if it pretains to your career and will help you achieve your goals then so be it.

People hate on HHH, from September 2002-mid 2005 I absolutely hated him as a backstage influence, I was sick of his long runs with the world title, I was sick of seeing ex WCW guys jobbing to him, I was sick of seeing the same old thing with HHH, long promos little productive wrestling, I was fed up of certains guys being kept down when HHH was riding high (Benoit, Edge & Orton mainly). However HHH was WWE's biggest star in the main event scene, Undertaker was bobbing about putting people over, Hogan was in and out, Rock was away doing movies and Austin had retired, HHH was WWE's fall guy, HBK returned ironic when so many others were leaving or moving on and he returned, regardless it was good stragey by him, Nash came back and was put into a decent feud with HHH (decent as in long, and remembered for being twated in the nutsack and 8 days after HHH feud ended in hell in a cell being jobbed to Test in 2 minutes).

Backstage crews are good for having your back watched but you said William Regal is/was in the Kliq? for one had it not been for him HHH wouldn't of went to WWF (HHH asked Regal his opinion and Regal said go for it) and if Regal was in the kliq how come he's never really had that breakout feud/title run, apart from muliple time tag team champions? not exactly kliq looking out for one another is it?

People will always hate on HHH because they saw how gusy were kept down in the early-mid 00s, hell there was never going to be two world titles, Vince asked HHH to hold the IC Title and make that a second world title and HHH declined saying he'd never be taken serious if he was a multi-time IC Champion, and Vince give in.

I like HHH nowadays since 2005-onwards he's seemed to want to help guys and put them over, and his persona isn't to bad either, as HHH the Game he's prettty badass as DX HHH he's comedy, and as far i'm aware there isn't any kind of kliq in wwe nowadays.

Good topic, but info seems off. If your talking about a political kliq, it's not just whose friends with who.
If you know anything about guys like RVD and Jeff Hardy, they never really played politics in WWE. They just went out and did there thing and fans really reacted to them well.
Currently, I'm sure Jeff Hardy coming too TNA is a large part of why Shannon Moore has a job there, but that's life long friends helping one another out. Also I could see TNA not firing Moore in order to keep Hardy happy.

I mean what it really comes down too is who holds the power in the company.
John Cena and Randy Orton are the Kliq right now in wrestling. They are good friends, and from Mr Kennedy's firing ... you can see what influence they have.
WWE has invested a lot in the too. In Cena they have a merchandising giant and then Randy Orton is around to make the people who love Cena love him more while also being there as the guy too root for for the people that hate Cena.

Edge and Christian are long time friends (along with Rhino) as they met in high school.
The Hardy's, Shane Helms, and Shannon Moore are also long time friends but as you can see from their tenures in WWE, they are not very influential backstage.

A definite kliq, is the first generation stars (or w/e gen they were) like Dusty Rhodes, Ted Dibiase, IRS, Harry Smith's mother (and now probably Bret Hart) who are in Vince's ear about how good there sons are. I don't know if they are a kliq, but there is definite politicing going on when a first generation star still involved w/ the company has a son or daughter wrestling.
Bret Hart a couple of years ago was talking about how perverted and pro-vince a book his sister wrote (Harry Smith's mother) and that she was just probably doing it to get in Vince's good graces for Harry to get a job. Bret himself is now helping further the careers of his niece and nephew.

But anyway, aside from Triple H and Stephanie (who are the reason Shane McMahon left the company) ... John Cena and Randy Orton are the kliq. I'd suppose the Big Show is a part of the clique b/c he likes kissing Cena's ass.

I think the Undertaker is an entity unto himself and doesn't have to worry bout Cena or Orton ... he's been there for 20 yrs and is the lockerroom leader.

Who knows how close each relationship is, but you know each person and group is tied in tiers some way. There is too much politicing in wrestling for that NOT to be happening.

In TNA the cliques are much easier to find.
There are the guys not making so much money and the guys who are lol.
But the only guys holding people down are the front office people like Hogan's, Bishoffs, Dixie's and Flair. Those are the people that really hold the others fates.

Then I'm sure guys like Hardy and RVD have luxuries within the company, but they don't mind tagging w/ a relatively no name like Jay Lethal. I think TNA makes Jeff Hardy more of the hero then he even asks to be, but I bet he likes it lol.

I mean, the kliques in TNA like the Joe's, Daniels, Styles, Morgan, Hernandez, Eric Young (whoever the "originals" are)and what not ... those guys might have their own kliques but in no way have the power b/c they haven't proven to be draws which the Undertaker or a Shawn Michaels proved themselves to be early in their careers.

ok first off there has been many "kliqs over the years backstage , as for the wwe kliqs of now , any one HHH likes is in his kliq , ex . Orton , Batista , Drew McIntyre , Sheamus . and i wouldn't say there a kliq , more like HHH has power , HHH likes this people , these people get the Chances they get because they are HHH's buddies , ....don't get me wrong orton is awesome but really do u think sheamus really deserved the wwe title that soon .......... its all about who u know , like any other business

And the only group I can imagine being a "kliq" would be Jericho, Christian, Punk and Helms (probably not anymore). Cuz if you remember correctly, those are all the guys who were involved with the drunken arrest earlier this year.

Um , I don't think you remember correctly , it was Jericho and Helms not Christian and Punk . I have proof .

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/art...icho-the-hurricane-arrested-in-kentucky-95333

So , nope . They are not the "kliq"

Anyways ,

I have a question . . . how do you guys know who the "kliqs" are of the modern day ? Like , the old "kliq" , they had the MSG incident and everybody knew about the kliq even before .
I don't know if there is a modern day "kliq" because I have never heard of one in the modern day .

How many times did I say "kliq" there ? Like 6 ? :blush:

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back