The Legend of Zelda History Thread

250px-The_Legend_of_Zelda_-_Spirit_Tracks_%28logo%29.png

The story

A direct sequel to The Legend of Zelda: Phantom Hourglass set a hundred years after the events of its predecessor, Spirit Tracks uses the same graphical style and many of the same gameplay features from Phantom Hourglass. Basic plot is there's an evil dude kidnaps Zelda but her spirit joins you and you must save the day by riding your train and fixing the spirit tracks.

Locomotive_Gameplay.png

The history

JP December 29, 2009
NA December 7, 2009
EU December 11, 2009

My opinion

I held that Phantom Hourglass was an overrated game, this I hold as a better game than PH. This to me is the best of the cell shaded games, getting straight in the story, plus a playable Zelda gave a good start to the game. At no point did it feel like it dragged, and the story was pretty simple, yet fun. Game play wise it was harder than some Zelda games but easier than most. I finished it in about a week, and I loved every minute of it. Little things like Gorons etc added to the delight of it. The train thing isn't a drag and is actually quite fun to just ride around...poor epona though.

Great game, if you have a DS get this game!

While I haven't finished ST yet, I have thoroughly enjoyed it so far. You are quite right about the train, Lee. I find it far more enjoyable than the boat of WW and PH. It is also nice to see some new items make their appearance instead of relying on the old line-up. I particularly think that the whip has been a welcome addition.

The only thing that I do not like are the panpipes. Those bloody things are so frustrating.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back