The Undertaker revenge/retirement tour

CM Steel

A REAL American
The Undertaker is at the end of his rope in wrestling. The guy is in bad health. His next match would be his last. Many wrestling fans longed for a match between The Undertaker and Sting even before the Stinger signed any kind of deal with the WWE. And have the deadman retire at Wrestlemania which was the home of "the streak". But why does The Undertaker have to have his last match at Wrestlemania? It's bad enough that the streak died there. But not The Undertaker's career.

Why not have The Undertaker's last match be at the place of his WWE debut, Survivor Series. The Undertaker was born at Survivor Series, so why not have his last match there if so be? Have his last match at Survivor Series and come Wrestlemania weekend have him be inducted in the WWE hall of fame. With someone like Kane or even Bret Hart inducting the Undertaker in. You can center the whole Wrestlemania weekend around the Undertaker like the WWE did a few years ago with Ric Flair. And give Taker the same kind of send-off the RAW after WM.

If Batista can have this up and coming retirement tour, why can't the Undertaker? The deadman can't go out of his back like that!

The deadman can't go out of his back like that!

Why not? That's the Old School way, is it not?

Not that they still couldn't do it the way you mentioned, but at the end of the day, it probably would be up to Mark. And his track record has been so Old School that WM 30 might well be the last of the Undertaker.

Everyone goes out on a loss eventually. Flair went down to HBK just as HBK fell to the Undertaker. I said all along that there was no way the Streak could remain intact as it just didn't make sense to do so and they should just leave it alone now. In most fans eyes the Undertaker's career ended with the Streak so now is as good a time as any to bow out

The deadman can't go out of his back like that!

I agree, even while appreciating the attitude of others that points out how many all-time greats in pro wrestling ended their careers with a loss.

But not Undertaker, imo. That streak of his was one of the most defining features of any wrestler's career. The people in the crowd at WM30 holding their heads in disbelief clearly illustrated the importance of the streak and the man connected to it. I can accept the ending of the run, just as it would have been fine to have him retire while still maintaining it.

In fact, that we knew he had to be nearing the end of his career is what made me certain he would never lose at a Wrestlemania. But, he did.....and I feel strongly that Mark Calaway shouldn't go out with a loss, especially since the streak was all about winning.

The thing is, it doesn't matter if he has one more match at a Wrestlemania or Survivor Series. It can be on a Raw; it really can. It can be against a Heath Slater, although I think a more prominent wrestler would be happy to take the honor of being the last wrestler defeated by The Undertaker.

'Taker would win....we'd cheer our heads off.....and he'd live with Michelle McCool happily ever after in the desert, making an occasional appearance in a WWE ring.

Have his final match at Raw, build it up for weeks. There doesn't even have to be a compelling storyline behind why this particular match is happening, although WWE's style would be to concoct some reason the chosen opponent wants at 'Taker.

No Wrestlemania, no tour. Just one more match.

That'd do it.

I watched an interview before Wrestlemania 30 last year with the Big Show... and he practically gave a "Spoiler" when he said, that if the Undertaker's last match was at WM30, he should be a first ballot HoF in 2015.

Now, atm, it is a will he, won't he situation with regards to whether Taker will wrestle or not. I think, as long as he is able to go in the ring one last time, it will definitely be at Mania.

Also, I highly doubt Sting will just remain as a virtual promotion tool...I do believe that Sting vs the Undertaker will happen at Wrestlamania 31.

Indeed, the match quality might well be of a low standard, but as long as the storyline feud, staredowns, etc... are worth it, then I think pitching these 2 Icons together in a virtual "Double-Retirement" match might be a fitting end to both their careers, and can give a true "Nostalgic" moment much like WM30's Opening Segment(Hogan, Stone Cold, the Rock) did.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back