TNA Region, Third Round, Hardcore Match: (2) Bruno Sammartino vs. (10) Edge

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Bruno Sammartino

• Edge

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a third round match in the TNA Region. It is a Hardcore match, held at the Amway Center in Orlando, Florida.

AmwayCenter1.jpg

Rules: Anything goes in this match and falls count anywhere.

bruno-sammartino-wwe-2k14.png

#3. Bruno Sammartino

Vs.

Edge_660891a.jpg

#10. Edge

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Well you've got a guy that held the title for an accumulative 4040 days vs a guy who could only get the title off being the "Ultimate opportunist." Sammartino was strong as an ox, tough as a bull, could go in as many 60 minute matches as you needed him to, had quite a few match of the years under him. Edge was smart as a tack, took advantage of many opportunities, could rally people around him in a stable faster than you could say "Hello, my name is Dolph Ziggler."

Alas, none of this even matters in this match. The fact of the matter is Sammartino was the overall better draw by about 15 miles over Edge, and he simply would not job to the likes of the "Rated-R Superstar." The "Rated-R Superstar" was everything Sammartino despised about the Attitude era and Vince during the 15-20 year debacle between WWE and Sammartino. Whether you call it politics or not Bruno simply wouldn't let the pin happen.

Vote: Sammartino. Sorry Edge, but history shows that Bruno Sammartino simply doesn't lose the title to a guy like the "ultimate opportunist" and definitely wouldn't put over the "Rater-R Superstar."

Edge had such an awesome theme song, and pyro, and plus he banged a ton of WWE Divas. So there's that, I trust that his sex appeal and his reputation of being a dirty dirty cheater to have plebs vote for him in a hardcore match over Bruno.

Bruno was WWE's top star for over a combined decade. Longer than John Cena. Edge was a flash in the pan superstar [how else are you going to describe him, transitional champ?] who always played second fiddle to some other guy. Whether it be Cena or Orton, or even Kane in 2010. Really, was there any year [not month] where Edge was the man?

I know Edge can be hardcore, but let's not pretend like Bruno couldn't. He could swing a chair and he could toss Edge into the barricade. Bruno was a stiff son a bitch when he needed to be. Ask Antonio Inoki. This was a man who could body slam a 630 pound man. A chair shot from him might kill Edge. Also looking at track records from men like Batista, John Cena, Goldberg, and Brock Lesnar [who are all Bruno knockoffs anyway] shots from weapons tend to not slow them down for very long, and they can take more punishment. But Bruno has something that they don't, and that's unparalleled stamina and endurance to go along with nearly unmatched strength.

You think a spear is going to keep Bruno down? Ha! A spear through a flaming table probably wouldn't either. Bruno would tear Edge apart with his bare hands. He wouldn't even need a weapon.

Vote Bruno.

Edge vs. Bruno?!? I do not even think Jack Tunney would book Edge to beat Bruno. You know what territory he booked? TORONTO! Edge might be from that area, but Bruno OWNED that area while being blackballed by Vince Sr. in the early 60's. Edge was a great tag wrestler, and a decent Champion. However, he is not in the same league as Lex Luger, never mind the Living Legend. Only an Edgehead will vote Edge over Bruno. Bruno wins.

Ye Bruno, the top slimy heel of an era Vs the top babyface of an era, brother that goes only one way. Great match to be honest, Edge does everything to get a win or get DQ'd but the man rallies back like only he can.

And please don't say Bruno is stifled coz this is hardcore, Bruno was hardcore before there was hardcore.

I think Bruno might literally murder Edge. Edge sucks anyway, 100 world title reigns, and they all lasted about 42 seconds. Edge is quite possibly the most overrated wrestler of all time, and Bruno is quite easily one of the legitimately greatest of all time.

Vote Bruno in a walk.

I have more interesting things to say for Edge if he makes it through, so I have voted for him. However, if I were to look at this objectively I'd say this - yes, Bruno was a bigger star and more successful, so logic dictates that he would win. However, if there's one person that has succeeded through ludicrous means time and time again, it's Edge. Edge once won an elimination chamber match that he wasn't even in. That's the sort of left field bullshit that fueled his career and the arch traditionalist Sammartino is precisely the sort of guy who would be screwed over by that.

I have more interesting things to say for Edge if he makes it through, so I have voted for him. However, if I were to look at this objectively I'd say this - yes, Bruno was a bigger star and more successful, so logic dictates that he would win. However, if there's one person that has succeeded through ludicrous means time and time again, it's Edge. Edge once won an elimination chamber match that he wasn't even in. That's the sort of left field bullshit that fueled his career and the arch traditionalist Sammartino is precisely the sort of guy who would be screwed over by that.

Pretty much this.

Edge has won shit he wasn't even part of. He won an elimination chamber he wasn't supposed to be in, he won the WWE title in a match he wasn't supposed to be in. He's had the arguably best two MITB cash ins in history.

Yeah Bruno Sammartino is bigger, stronger what have you but Edge is the chickenshit heel that would find a way to win. He's beaten some of the biggest faces of the company, John Cena, Undertaker, Triple H etc. It's not that much of a stretch that he could beat one of the best world champions in history once. Plus Edge just has better hardcore experience.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back