Top Ten Edge Matches

Coco

Mid-Card Championship Winner
Because I don't feel like posting non-spam.

1) Edge/Rey vs. Benoit/Angle @ No Mercy 2002

2) Edge vs. Angle @ Backlash 2002

3) Edge vs. Eddie, No Holds Barred @ SmackDown 2002

4) Edge/Foley vs. Funk/Dreamer @ One Night Stand 2006

5) Edge/Rey vs. Benoit/Angle, 2/3 Falls @ SmackDown 2002

6) TLC 2 @ WrestleMania 17

7) Edge vs. Foley @ WrestleMania 22

8) Edge vs. Benoit, Last Man Standard @ Backlash 2005

9) Edge vs. Angle @ Judgement Day 2002

10) Edge & Christian vs. The Hardy Boyz, Ladder Match @ No Mercy 1999

That's a great list.

I agree with the top 2. I've never seen match #3 I don't think, though.

I would also replace #'s 7, 8, and 9 with Cena/Edge TLC at Unforgiven 2006, Edge/Matt Hardy at Unforgiven 2005, and Edge/RVD at Vengeance 2006.

Edge/RVD loses some ground with me because the WWE fucked up RVD's face heat so bad at the time. I still love the match. If only because i get to see RVD retain the WWE fucking Championship.

The quality of opposition Edge had didn't hurt him any. In fact, it probably made him appear to be better than he actually was.

I'll contribute. This is counting tag matches obviously, let me consult my site...okay

1) Edge/Christian vs. Hardy Boyz (Ladder Match) @ No Mercy 1999 (*****)
2) Edge/Christian vs. Hardy Boyz vs. Dudley Boyz (TLC) @ Summerslam 2000 (*****)
3) Edge/Mysterio vs Angle/Benoit @ No Mercy 2002 (****3/4)
4) TLC II @ WM 17 (****3/4)
5) TLC III @ Smackdown 5/24/01 (****3/4)
6) Edge vs. Eddie Guerrero (No DQ) @ Smackdown 9/26/02 (****1/2)
7) Edge vs John Cena (Last Man Standing) @ Backlash 2009 (****1/2)
8) Edge vs Chris Benoit vs Shelton Benjamin vs Kane vs Chris Jericho vs Christian (MITB) @ Wrestlemania 21 (****1/2)
9) Edge vs Kurt Angle vs Chris Benoit vs Eddie Guerrero (Elimination) @ Smackdown 12/5/02 (****1/4)
10) Edge/Mysterio vs Angle/Benoit (2/3 Falls) @ Smackdown 11/7/02 (****1/4)

Honorable Mentions:

Edge/Christian vs Hardyz vs Dudleys (Ladder) @ Wrestlemania 16 (****1/4)
Edge vs. John Cena vs. Triple H @ Backlash 2006 (****1/4)
Edge vs. John Cena (TLC) @ Unforgiven 2006 (****1/4)
Edge vs. Undertaker (HIAC) @ Summerslam 2008 (****1/4)
Edge vs. Jeff Hardy (Ladder Match) @ Extreme Rules 2009 (****1/4)
Edge vs. Kane vs Mysterio vs Del Rio (TLC) @ TLC 2010 (****1/4)
Edge vs. Ziggler @ Royal Rumble 2011 (****1/4)
Edge vs. Angle @ Backlash 2002 (****)
Edge vs Angle @ Judgment Day 2002 (****)
Edge vs Angle @ Smackdown 10/3/02 (****)

That took awhile. Yeah, I like that list. Based solely off of star ratings I've given to matches involving Edge.

Don't feel like making a list, but one of my favorite Edge matches that I don't see get discussed too often is his street fight with Shawn Michaels in 2005. Glad they added it to his DVD.

Another unsung match of his was his first real singles match against Owen Hart at Breakdown 1998, which was an awesome opener. Nothing ****+ or anything, but a great opener and Edge's first good match. Easily ***.

To be fair my list has 7 post-2005 Edge matches, including honorable mentions. He's had quite a few good matches post-2005. Take his LMS match against Cena at Backlash 09 for example. One of the best LMS matches ever. Possibly the best.

Surprised no one has mentioned Angle/Edge Cage match from Smackdown in 2002 look that match up its a fucking very solid TV match.

Um...Edge v. Taker @ Mania 24. How is this not mentioned once? This is one of the best Mania matches of all-time.

Ehhh...I really liked it, but not their best match together. ***3/4 is what I gave it awhile back. I thought their HIAC was much better.

I don't know what Sam has against that match. Great match, even with the silly over-the-top ending.

I'm not a fan of most Edge-Taker matches. I want to but they often lull me gently to sleep.

Ehhh...I really liked it, but not their best match together. ***3/4 is what I gave it awhile back. I thought their HIAC was much better.

I don't know what Sam has against that match. Great match, even with the silly over-the-top ending.

How in the HELL do you figure that? Main-event. Wrestlemania. And no...it was nowhere in the ballpark of the shitfest that was Triple H-Randy Orton.

There were legitimate times where I was convinced that Edge could win. This in and of itself is worth it being a great match. Great entrances by both...great damn atmosphere. A lot of story-telling going on...a lot of on the edge (no pun) of your seat moments...and I thought Edge might break the streak. Success...and their best match together. And I was AT Summerslam smelling the mat burn. So eat that.

Yeah that was a great match, the best those two had together, way better than their Vengeance match.

How in the HELL do you figure that? Main-event. Wrestlemania. And no...it was nowhere in the ballpark of the shitfest that was Triple H-Randy Orton.

There were legitimate times where I was convinced that Edge could win. This in and of itself is worth it being a great match. Great entrances by both...great damn atmosphere. A lot of story-telling going on...a lot of on the edge (no pun) of your seat moments...and I thought Edge might break the streak. Success...and their best match together. And I was AT Summerslam smelling the mat burn. So eat that.

I was at that WM and I can testify that there were a lot of the moments when the crowd thought that maybe Edge could get the win. And I'll admit, I thought Edge was going to win a couple of times. My best guess is that the wrestling fan in me didn't bother remembering that the matches were already booked and pre-determined. I just went to the show and enjoyed it and got caught up in the whole event, forgetting it was a "fake" sport.

Users who are viewing this thread

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back