Transgender in Women's College Basketball

Big Sexy

Deadly Rap Cannibal
Kye Allums is a junior playing for George Washington's women's basketball team. "She" was named Miss Basketball in Minnesota in 2008 and has played at GW the last two years. She is a female-to-male transgender and now wants to be identified as a man. The school's website refers to him as a "male member of George Washington's women's basketball team."

Now this is somewhat of a touchy subject and I'm not exactly sure what to make of it. I understand there are many people in the world like this but it is hypocritical to want to be referred to as a man yet still play for the women's basketball team. The whole philosophy of transgenders is that they feel they were born in the wrong type of body as the wrong gender and they want to switch to the gender that they feel comfortable as. I don't see how you can make this switch to being a man yet still be part of a women's team.

So I ask you: Should this be allowed? Do you find this hypocritical? Just give me some thoughts on the matter.

Here is the article from ESPN

http://sports.espn.go.com/ncw/news/story?id=5758450

:lmao::lmao::lmao:

Juwanna Man anyone?

The girl/guy should be allowed to play for the womens team though, she/he was a girl to begin, and nothing really changed. It still sucks at basketball just like any other girl, therefore should be allowed to play with da bitchez. I do find it a bit hypocritical though, I'll agree with you there.

Instead of using he or she, or he-she I'll refer to the person as Pat lol

Yea, Pat shouldn't be on a women's team with male parts to begin with. Not really fair to Pat since it's not their fault they were born that way, but it's also not fair to let a "man" play women's sports. Especially if they want to be identified as male. So yea, everything you said.

Not really sure if there's much to add. I know that that person wants to be known as a man, and if that's the case then so be it. But how you think you can play for women's team is beyond hypocritical. Your either a man or woman, and play for that team. You can't have it both ways.

Kye Allums is just being true to himself. If he feels like he is a real man, then we should repect that. There is no issue regarding him joining his school's female basketball team because, he is a female by birth. He is just a genetic woman living as a man so I see no problem with him competing on women's team because he remains a woman at this point.

Ice Cube once said a bitch is a bitch, even if said bitch has an artificial dong.

I Think I'm agreeing with the majority when I say "Pat" should be allowed to play with the Woman's team because when it's all said and done "Pat" is still pretty much a female, I mean painting stripes on a donkey doesn't make it a zebra, it may "look" like a zebra, but it still has the genetics of a donkey.

Unless "Pat" is taking a freakish amount of hormones and steroids, which would definitely give "Pat" an unfair advantage over the competition.

The article clearly states that the person in question is not taking any sort of hormones or anything of that sort. If the person in question isn't taking any hormones, then there is nothing wrong with it, because there is no competitive advantage to her/him being on the team. As soon as he starts taking hormones then he should be excused from WOMENS athletics, however.

Good for him. doing something like this takes a shitload of balls, so more power to him.

Reactions: gd

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back