UFC 2009 or Fight Night Round 4?

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
Taking a look at these two games, if you had to pick just one to purchase, which one would it be and why?

UFC 2009 is showing promise of a solid game, but I have not been entirely impressed with any of the previous UFC video games before which worries me. THQ is the company developing and publishing it, so I'm not sure what my opinion on that is. According to Gamestop, it will have over 80 fighters on the roster, which includes names that are no longer with the UFC. That is a pretty deep roster. However, from what I have read, they have made some pretty strict limitations on the fighting styles and how they work. Overall I like the way the game looks, but I still have some reservations about it.

Next up is Fight Night Round 4. Mike Tyson is back! Yes that's right, Figiht Night Round 4 has Iron Mike Tyson returning to the video game world, ready to duel with the greats like Ali, Frazier, etc. This game I think would have to be my choice if I could only choose one and the reasoning is, I know it will be a great game. It is being produced by EA Sports, and we all know how well EA makes sports games. Not only this, but I play Fight Night Round 3 religiously still. It has been 3 years + since Round 3 came out, so they have been taking quite a bit of time to develop Round 4. That tells me they are doing something special with this game. My hopes for this new Fight Night is a deeper roster and a more customizable boxing style.

So what it comes down to, UFC 2009 with promise of an actually good UFC game, but not so much history on their side and other issues I find questionable, or Fight Night Round 4 with a respected developer/publisher in EA Sports, history showing that the Fight Night games have been very solid previously, and the amount of time they have been working on it. And you throw in that crazy bastard Mike Tyson? Fight Night Round 4 is my pick between the two.

Fight Night for me as well. All of the previous installments I've enjoyed and would give a flying recommendation to, so I'll definitely support this effort. Adding more boxers to the roster only helps the case.

I am going against you two, even though you both made great points. It has been a while since UFC had a video game, Fight Night came out with a game 3 or 4 years ago. Even though with Fight Night you know it will be a great game, I still will chose UFC Undisputed because I am way more excited for it and it is sooner. I will get both, can't wait for them to come.

I do not have a Playstation 3 or an X-Box 360, but let's say I did... I would definitely get Fight Night Round 4 over UFC Undisputed, though I would most likely get both if I had a PS3, but if you put a gun to my head and said I could only have one, my answer would undoubtedly be Fight Night Round 4 and below is why.

Now, I am a way bigger fan of the UFC then I am of boxing, and while the UFC game looks awesome, Fight Night Round 2 and Punchout are two of my favorite games of all time, and UFC: Sudden Impact was one of the worst, most disappointing games I've ever had the non-pleasure of playing. I'm sure Undisputed will be ten times better then that piece of shit, but that game will always leave a bad taste in my mouth. And plus, Mike Tyson, man, my favorite boxer of all time. I've wanted him to be in a good boxing game since Punchout so bad (Mike Tyson Boxing for the first Playstation was almost as big of piece of garbage as UFC: Sudden Impact), and now it's finally happening. I wouldn't be able to pass that up.

Obviously I am a fan of the Fight Night series as I have all of the Fight Night Games ever made & even though I am clearly a bigger fan of UFC than I am of Boxing, the UFC games just don't appeal to me as they are a hit & miss when it comes to video games (look at UFC: Sudden Impact for example cuase that game totally tanked). I'm sure Undisputed will be better due to it having a deep roster but i'm going with Fight Night Round 4 due to it having Mike Tyson on there & I have always wanted to fight as Mike Tyson on a videogame without creating him myself.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back