Ultimate Warrior!

Cocky King of The World1

Simply Ravishing
Ultimate Warrior in my opinion deserves a spot in the Hall Of Fame.

You can say he wasn't the greatest ring worker of all time, You can say he was a total douchebag as a person. Theres no denying that Jim Hellwig left his fingerprint on this business and was the guy Vince Mcmahon was going to give the ball to for years to come,and is one of the few who has defeated Hogan at Wrestlemania.

Its a shame because he has problems with Vince Mcmahon till this day, and we all know Vince doesn't let in people he has problems with.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not saying hes a great ring worker or has tremendous mic skills. I'm just saying that his accomplishments should be taken note of.

P.S:(The Self Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior DVD is the most biased piece of film i have ever seen /: )

Ultimate Warrior in my opinion deserves a spot in the Hall Of Fame.

You can say he wasn't the greatest ring worker of all time, You can say he was a total douchebag as a person. Theres no denying that Jim Hellwig left his fingerprint on this business and was the guy Vince Mcmahon was going to give the ball to for years to come,and is one of the few who has defeated Hogan at Wrestlemania.

Its a shame because he has problems with Vince Mcmahon till this day, and we all know Vince doesn't let in people he has problems with.

Don't get me wrong guys, I'm not saying hes a great ring worker or has tremendous mic skills. I'm just saying that his accomplishments should be taken note of.

P.S:(The Self Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior DVD is the most biased piece of film i have ever seen /: )

I know that it's extremely fashionable for everyone to blame Vince McMahon for everything from the crumbling economy to the common cold but I'm afraid you're wrong in this particular instance. Vince McMahon invited The Ultimate Warrior to be part of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2010 and he Warrior refused. You see, it's Warrior that refused to put his grudges and problems with McMahon aside, not the other way around.

As for The Self Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior DVD, Warrior tried to sue the WWE for the DVD as he said it slandered him and damaged his character. However, a judge threw out his lawsuit because Warrior had been going around for years saying derogatory things about the WWE. He'd been doing it for many, many years before the DVD came out. The judge told Warrior that he couldn't sue the WWE for something that he himself was guilty of.

Yeah if the reports are true then Warrior turned down WWE last year, making him not being in the Hall Of Fame his problem now. I am a big Warrior fan, I think he was awesome and it was actually the self destruction DVD that made me seek out some of his stuff to see for myself and I enjoyed it.

The DVD isnt biased in itself, a lot of the opinions are, Hogan saying "You should never bring up past fueds when your doing a new angle with someone". Yah, not like everybody else doesnt do it all the time. Or "Warrior just rambled on and on in his first WCW promo" not like the live audience wasnt eating it up.

Anyway, yeah definately deserves a spot, his accomplishments are great, he's had two of the best matches of all time with Hogan and Savage at Mania, and frankly he was pretty damn entertaining in the ring during his initial run, I dont think he had bad matches at all. Sure he stunk the place out in WCW but I'll blame Hogan for that as well, not like anybody else had trouble selling his shoulder blocks, only the Hulkster. All that aside though, he supposedly refused a spot in HOF because he's still a maniac that cant let go of a grudge, so it's his problem.

The judge told Warrior that he couldn't sue the WWE for something that he himself was guilty of.

Yes, it's called the "doctrine of clean hands," in which you're going to have little success suing others for something you've been doing yourself. Of course, we don't know the true inner-workings between Warrior and WWE yet, as other wrestling promotions learned, the man can't be depended on to do the things he agreed to contractually. He no-showed dates, quit organizations in the middle of programs that featured him, and heaven knows what else. If even half of it is true, it seems ridiculous that Hellwig is the one who holds a grudge against McMahon.

Even with the organizational mess WCW made for themselves, one of the smartest things they ever did was to use Warrior in main events immediately after signing him, knowing he would probably leave them high and dry before long. This way, they didn't waste him in preliminary matches which wouldn't add strength to their pay-per-views. They put him at the top as soon as he got there, reasoning that if he leaves, at least they get some extra PPV buys before he goes.....which is exactly what happened.

I don't know if Jim Hellwig was crazy before he started taking his "vitamins," but his head was surely screwed on wrong, and apparently remains so today. Too bad; his legacy could have been huge.

I have heard the reports that he was invited to join the HoF but he refused because he didn't like the Self Destruction DVD put out about him. I read the reports that he stated he didn't know why the would even ask him to join when they felt he was a terrible worker.

He does have a point there. If you go out with a DVD saying that a guy was just awful in the ring, on the mic, and destroyed his own legacy then why ask him to be pat of the Hall of Fame. If someone bashed you so much but then asked you to join there club would you want to join?

I know that it's extremely fashionable for everyone to blame Vince McMahon for everything from the crumbling economy to the common cold but I'm afraid you're wrong in this particular instance. Vince McMahon invited The Ultimate Warrior to be part of the WWE Hall of Fame Class of 2010 and he Warrior refused. You see, it's Warrior that refused to put his grudges and problems with McMahon aside, not the other way around.

As for The Self Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior DVD, Warrior tried to sue the WWE for the DVD as he said it slandered him and damaged his character. However, a judge threw out his lawsuit because Warrior had been going around for years saying derogatory things about the WWE. He'd been doing it for many, many years before the DVD came out. The judge told Warrior that he couldn't sue the WWE for something that he himself was guilty of.

LMAO...you mean the Warrior refused to put his grudges and problems with McMahon aside after Vince and the WWE made a DVD that completely humiliated him? Then Vince turns around and invites Warrior to the 2010 Hall of Fame (supposedly).

Hmmm...why didn't Warrior accept? I wonder...

Get real.

Warrior is a loser period. He's proved it with WWF and WCW so it aint Vince making shit up. He screwed WWE over time and time again with poor work ethic and injuring people and then he went to WCW and no showed most of the time, so was that Vince's fault too?

Sure WWE may well have owed him money, but i sure as hell wouldn't pay someone who was a bad worker and costing me money either.

The character was a big hit for maybe 3yrs thats it thats hardly a HOF'er worthy, but they will run out of people to chose from eventually. There are far more deserving people that could be HOF bound. Saying that, the character was a hit and definately made an impact and WWE have got his likeness back under there banner to milk it for merchandise, so yeah "making amends" isn't about getting back in his good books but he should feel lucky they even want to give him a paycheck again cause he sure as hell doesn't deserve it

If it wasn't for the merchandise and the game coming out , i wonder. Warrior is a self admitted Steroid abuser and supporter, so unless he's really cleaned up his act since the Benoit incident, it's not gonna be a good look seeing him sweating, and looking like a complete freak on a global WWE PG stage.

when you talk about greatest wrestlers of all time you can find the ultimate warrior who in my mind deserves in be the wwe hall of fame this year. he outspoken but tell some truth and if he enters the hall of fame maybe there will be some closure.

Why does he deserve a spot? Tell me that? He declined the WWE's invitation, he's an ungrateful, delusion, asshole. They pushed him to the moon, Warrior was way over, and what did he do with that? Nothing. He self-destructed. The WWE was totally right in releasing the Warrior DVD, he deserved it. Like has been said by Jack-Hammer, Warrior has been slandering the WWE for years, but they aren't allowed to do anything back, right? It's an asinine notion. Warrior is a selfish person, I'm happy he's not in the Hall of Fame. He has destroyed his legacy by doing all this, he has scorned the WWE more times than they have scorned him. When you look at guys in the Hall of Fame, you see guys who were good superstars, but above that they cared for the business. They gave back to the business. They didn't forget where they were from, so to speak. Has Warrior ever done any of that? No. The only times Warrior makes appearances is to slander the WWE further and to humiliate himself further. He ruined the legend surrounding the Warrior character. Vince threw him a bone and he rejected it. Fuck Warrior, he doesn't deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame.

Why does he deserve a spot? Tell me that? He declined the WWE's invitation, he's an ungrateful, delusion, asshole. They pushed him to the moon, Warrior was way over, and what did he do with that? Nothing. He self-destructed. The WWE was totally right in releasing the Warrior DVD, he deserved it. Like has been said by Jack-Hammer, Warrior has been slandering the WWE for years, but they aren't allowed to do anything back, right? It's an asinine notion. Warrior is a selfish person, I'm happy he's not in the Hall of Fame. He has destroyed his legacy by doing all this, he has scorned the WWE more times than they have scorned him. When you look at guys in the Hall of Fame, you see guys who were good superstars, but above that they cared for the business. They gave back to the business. They didn't forget where they were from, so to speak. Has Warrior ever done any of that? No. The only times Warrior makes appearances is to slander the WWE further and to humiliate himself further. He ruined the legend surrounding the Warrior character. Vince threw him a bone and he rejected it. Fuck Warrior, he doesn't deserve a spot in the Hall of Fame.

Why does he deserve it as you ask, apparently WWE felt he deserved it when they offered it to him last year. Which in itself is backwards as hell considering like you already stated a bashing dvd was made about him. So what he didn't kiss WWE's ass because they gave him a push. As you say in so many words he basically "shitted" on WWE. How is that any different than when WWE releases an undeserving wrestler.

Why does he deserve it as you ask, apparently WWE felt he deserved it when they offered it to him last year. Which in itself is backwards as hell considering like you already stated a bashing dvd was made about him. So what he didn't kiss WWE's ass because they gave him a push. As you say in so many words he basically "shitted" on WWE. How is that any different than when WWE releases an undeserving wrestler.

Your point? He got 1 chance, which he didn't deserve, and rejected it. He doesn't deserve another one, that's for sure. I never said he had to kiss ass, but he definitely had to give back. Most HOFer have, in some way or another, given back. They've done things for the WWE, they didn't hang them out to dry. It's not any different then when WWE release a shit superstar, you don't see any of those guys getting HOF talk though. Again, your point seems to be off. I'll say it again, Warrior is undeserving, he's average.

Your point? He got 1 chance, which he didn't deserve, and rejected it. He doesn't deserve another one, that's for sure. I never said he had to kiss ass, but he definitely had to give back. Most HOFer have, in some way or another, given back. They've done things for the WWE, they didn't hang them out to dry. It's not any different then when WWE release a shit superstar, you don't see any of those guys getting HOF talk though. Again, your point seems to be off. I'll say it again, Warrior is undeserving, he's average.

I would say calling the Ultimate Warrior average is an extreme overstatement. He wasn't even good enough to consider average. he was "exciting" to some ppl, but do a little experiment with me real quick.

Lets take Warrior in his "prime" and put him in current WWE. I know he was big in early WWF aka the original "pg" era, but seriously try it.

can you see him cutting his nonsense promos on CM PUNK? or edge? or Kane?
can you see his moveset and inability to properly sell moves working now? hell no. We would laugh our asses off at the TV screen.

now the argument could be made that "it was a different time then, thats why he worked"

Here is why that mentality doesnt work.

Hogan: i personally cant stand him, BUT we all know and have to give him credit, he is very good at staying relevant. he knows how to work the mic, and tell a story.
Flair: no explanation needed.
steamboat: as his return a few years back showed, the guy can still go, imagine him here in his prime.
Taker:enough said

this is what im trying to say here. Warrior fucking sucked. he does not deserve a spot in any hall of fame. dont give this prick any credit

Like i said, i bet it's purely a money thing, they want to make money off him with the new merchanidise line and the WWE All Stars game. And if he is under the WWE banner he can't go making money for someone else.

Ya think they really give a shit about him? I don't. I marked out to the character same as Hogan til you realised what they were really like personally

Of course we all know Warrior could easily be in the HOF. Just about anyone could, its only a little nostalgia-injected Mania hype anyway. I'm sure one day Warrior will want to be in the spotlight again. Bret Hart put his differences aside, after all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back