WCW vs WWF: Sid Vicious

Sid Vicious in...

• WCW

• WWF

Results are only viewable after voting.

Ruthless-RKO

F*ck Friends, Rather die wiv ma AK!
"The (self-proclaimed) Master and Ruler of the World", "The Millennium Man", "Psycho" Sid Vicious"...

Next in the series
Sid Vicious
32.jpg

Years in Promotions
WCW: 1989-1991, 1993, 1999-2001...
WWF: 1991-1992, 1995-1997...​

Looking at feuds, matches, imapct created and accomplishments, what would you say...Sid Vicious in WCW or WWF??
-------------
Feuds
WCW
Sting, Bill Goldberg, Kevin Nash, Scott Steiner, Scott Hall, Jeff Jarrett...

WWF
Hulk Hogan, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Ric Flair, Vader...
-------------
Championships & Accomplishments
WCW
1-time WCW United States Heavyweight Championship
2-time WCW World Heavyweight Championship

WWF
2-time WWF Championship
-------------
What would you say...Sid Vicious in WCW or WWF??
-------------
My Opinion
I think, being honest, he had a good run with both promotions. Then again I think he should have had a WCW world title run around 1991 as well, as he was really pushing to the main event scene, he left for WWE in 1991, where I think he did okay, but then came WrestleMania 8, where he double-crossed VKM...thus causing his manager to get him DQ'd instead..He was released an the following year went to WCW, where he only stayed about 6 months..it was a forgotten run TBH,
By 1995 he was back in WWF, this run is what i'm talking about, he had good feuds, first joining the Million Dollar Corporation.. had a decent feud with Diesel over his WWF champion, and then moving on to HBK in 1996 and had another decent feud with Vader as well, at the end of the year he captured his first WWF champion..Although it lasted 2 months he re-raptured it in February from Bret Hart, only to drop it again to Undertaker at WrestleMania 13..
He then went back to WCW an again had another successful run, capturing the US title late 99 from Benoit, On 24th January 00 edition of Nitro, he defeated Kevin Nash to win the WCW world champion only to have it stripped from him because, before his title match with Nash he had to defeat the Harris brothers and apparently he pinned the wrong brother to qualify?:wtf:, only then did Sid regain the title the Thunder the next night against Kevin Nash..having a good run only to be vacated again, after Vince Russo and Eric Bischoff wanted to start a 'new era of WCW', this is when WCW was just going down hill and fast...

I have to go with...WWF, his title runs there lasted longer, he was made as a big threat to his opponents as well and I feel he was booked properly and there was no screwjobs there e.g. commisioner Nash, a lot of vacating and stripping the world titles...I have to say Sid's first run with WCW was better than his last...

WWF all the way!!
-------------
Who would you pick??
-------------
Please keep thread on topic...Thank-you!!

I gotta agree his wwf/e run was what defined him and were he first became a world champion. By the time he did that in wcw that fed was pretty much a lost cause plus it was in wcw were he nearly ended his career with the gross broken leg.

Sid never double crossed anyone... he was put into an impossible position by Papa Shango missing his cue for the run in... He HAD to kick out of the legdrop or his character would have been derailed... he was supposed to lose by DQ and be kept strong... he would have been far better off had they kept the Hogan v Flair main event that was originally planned. He could easily have gone into the orginally planned idea of a Tag match with Savage against the Taker and Jake Roberts... The double turn of Sid and Taker could still have taken place...

His WCW run after that was blighted by what gave him his name Psycho Sid... stabbing anyone is a bad career move... a respected veteran and friend of the booker is even worse... How Sid didn't end up in a UK jail for 10 years I will never understand...

But moving on... he was pretty awful in his next WWF run against Diesel... or was it Diesel... either way it was only good cos they uncovered some chemistry between he and Michaels... Amazing how two guys who shouldn't gel sometimes just do... By the time he got his first title reign he had built himself up well but most people felt that he had stolen Davey Boy's opportunity and the short turnaround didn't help... but then came the bizzare events of early 97 and Sid came out of the whole thing with the most credit... he lost the belt again to Taker, he knew it was his 2nd bite at a WM main event and he seemed determined to put on his best WWE match and was a respectable loser... still Vince didn't want to pay him I guess and back to WCW...

His latter WCW career was just sad... watching him trying that top rope kick was painful not only cos his leg snapped... it was a guy trying way too hard...

Sid was always better in the WWE...

gotta go with the WWF on this one.

it was a bit tough for me to choose though. i enjoyed his opponents and feuds in both promotions, but this one may have been decided by the writing and booking for me.

Sid had great opponents in Benoit, Goldberg (i know he's limited, but still a good feud maker with the right guy), Steiner, Nash, etc. but the writing was pretty bad. this was in the very serious and steep decline of WCW and so he was just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Sid had great opponents in the WWF also, with Nash again (technically prior to his time in WCW so not really "again" per se), HBK, Hogan, Vader, Taker, etc. the writing was just a little bit better in WWF than in WCW, so i'll give the nod there.

this is one of the tougher threads on these topics though because Sid never had a lot of accomplishments as it relates to titles or feuds and he never stayed around too long. so it's hard to judge his impact because he was always gone before he could create a lasting impression.

I think it's a tough call, because I thought he fit in better in WCW, but I will pick WWE.

I remember a match that was to be a tag match, Sid teaming with Hogan. The angle was that Hogan was getting all the attention, and Sid was jealous. The did a pre-match interview, and Mean Gene gave this big introduction to Sid, and Sid was about to say something when Gene immediately switched the mic over to Hogan, heaping praise on him and whatnot. It was a classic moment...you could see that was the last straw for Sid, but the way it was done, you actually felt sympathetic for him, and completely understood and agreed with the soon-to-be-heel. I thought it was a really well done segment, and one of the first in my memory that really blurred the line between heel and babyface.

WWF/E all the way. The one fued that sticks out far beyond others there is the one with HBK...maybe this is because im huge michaels fan but at survivor series smashing the camera into jose lathero was pretty shocking and i thought really put him over even more as a great heel in the wwf and gave him a well deserved title run, though it wasnt as long as i expected it to be. the vader fued was pretty good as well. then his lose at wm 13 to taker was really good to put taker over as champ and i have to agree with everyone else that the writing in his 1995-1997 run with wwf was so much better than anything wcw ever did. i always felt that his wcw run in 1999-2001 could have been so much better, what with the stripping of the titles all the time and all that bullshit, just seemed sloppy on their part. he always seemed overshadowed by the nWo and goldberg and other storylines going on at the time and never really got to shine like he could have. im not familiar enough with his early years with wcw and totally forgot about the time he spent in wcw in 1993...definitely forgotten by me and im sure most. not entirely blaming the companies either, if he wouldve just stuck around longer in either company maybe he wouldve gotten that elite heel status and made the sky his limit, but he just never stuck around long enough for us to see any of that happen. anyway, i have to go with wwf mainly in the 1995-1997 because i think he was able to take his size, strength and craziness and be a big threat to a lot of the BIG main eventers at the time (hart, michaels, vader, taker, and if he stuck around long enough maybe even austin and kane). again i have to be kind of bias on this because at the time i really only paid attention to wwf and didnt really watch his early wcw days. the man could deliver an amazing powerbomb thats for damn sure, maybe not better than nash(of course im speaking of nash back then because weve all seen the "stumble bomb" and the jack knife that looked like it killed the giant/big show, whatever you wanna call him as nash got older.) but yes, wwf 1995-1997=best years of sids career, hands down.

Wrestling-wise? It's not even close really, WWF. The usual guys like HBK and Bret got some pretty good matches out of ol' Sid.

But for pure comedy value alone it has to be WCW. The whole Arn Anderson incident is just ridiculous. He stabbed the man with scissors, for Christ's sake. Then the big lug proved himself to be an unintentional comedy goldmine in his last WCW run. I guess the leg injury sucked, but "I HAVE HALF THE BRAIN THAT YOU DO" will live on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back