What do you see happening?

Adam Rush

Can you feel...the electricity?
Right now, in the WWE, there are only a few main-eventers (not counting part-timers).

Punk, Cena, RVD, Jericho (on tour w/ Fozzy), Orton, Bryan, Ziggler, Del Rio, Henry, Ryback, Sheamus.

There are several veterans that are probably very close to retiring.

Big Show, Kane, Undertaker, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Chris Jericho, Triple H.

There are some aging mid-carders and upper-mid-carders in the bunch.

Kofi Kingston, Jack Swagger, The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Kane, Big Show, Christian, Rey Mysterio, Wade Barrett, Sin Cara, Justin Gabriel.

And then there's a new breed of guys waiting or about ready to break out.

Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Antonio Cesaro, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Roman Reigns, Tyson Kidd (when he comes back from injury), Fandango, Curtis Axel, Bray Wyatt, Luke Harper, Erick Rowan, Big E Langston.

Hell, there's even NXT guys waiting to be called up.

Adrian Neville, Conor O'Brian, Corey Graves, Jake Carter, Kassius Ohno, Sami Zayn, Xavier Woods.

Clearly, there could be others that break out, but right now, let's get to the point.

Let's fast forward to a year from now. Granted no more talents return to the WWE, who do you have as main-eventers and upper-mid-carders in July 2014?

For me, I see: John Cena, Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, Dolph Ziggler, Damien Sandow, Cody Rhodes, Antonio Cesaro, Wade Barrett, CM Punk, Alberto Del Rio, Ryback, Sheamus, Dean Ambrose, Seth Rollins, Fandango, and Big E Langston as the upper-mid-carders to main eventers.

I see: Roman Reigns, Kofi Kingston, Kassius Ohno, Tyson Kidd, The Miz, Curtis Axel, Heath Slater, Drew McIntyre, Justin Gabriel and Bray Wyatt right there potentially ready to break out.

I see: Mark Henry, Rey Mysterio, Christian, Kane, Big Show, The Great Khali, Triple H, Undertaker, Chris Jericho, and RVD being guys that are either putting over new talent, slowly being phased out in favor of youth, or retiring. (I know Henry just signed a 3-year deal, but it doesn't mean he won't put over a few guys)

Now obviously, these are my opinions, but I think WWE's looking at a very good future right now and you'll thank them later for not merging the world titles; not the point.

The point is...

Who do you guys see as main-eventers, on the cusp, and retired superstars?

I personally don't think things will be that much different in 1 years time, with the recent talent that has been brought up I can't see any more new faces coming from NXT until guys like the shield and the wyatts' have been solidified on the main roster.

That being said their might be 2 or 3 that break into the main event scene in the next 12 months. I reckon out of the ones you mentioned, Ambrose, Rollins, Reigns, Bray Wyatt, Damien Sandow and Cody Rhodes have the best chance.

The next year won't bring radical change. Of course some stars will break through and some will gain more exposure but it will still be Cena, Punk, Bryan, Del Rio, Orton, Sheamus, Ziggler at the top. Guys who may break through: Sandow, each member of The Shield and possibly Curtis Axel (but I have my doubts).

The unknowns are guys like The Miz, Cody Rhodes, Wade Barrett, Swagger. These guys could easily be involved in world title feuds or with the big name part-timers. Alternatively, they will be in a nothing tag-team... or even worse, Intercontinental champion.

Other than that it is complete guess work. This time last year Jack Swagger was doing fuck all but he was in world title match at WM29. Who is to say that Wade Barrett isn't this years Jack Swagger. While it is a bit more complex than who is "flavour of the month" that is something that could dictate who is amongst the elite this time next year.

Not this year but in 2014/2015 I think that Del Rio will go back to a mid-card status, right now he is boring and almost nobody is interested in him, I think over the next 5 years I'd like to see guys like Sandow, Rhodes, Ziggler, Wyatts, Axel, Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose and Kidd be pushed to the upper mid card and main event picture

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back