What if Paul Heyman brought back ECW?

Upgrayedd

Pre-Show Stalwart
I got to thinking recently what if Paul Heyman were to bring back the original ECW (though it would have to be called something else). I was thinking about the talent (both veterans and new) that's out there on the indy scene, around the world, in the WWE and in TNA that would be great as a roster together that would fit the old ECW feel.

So far I've got...

Samoa Joe - IMO, Paul Heyman could book this guy and turn him into a monster again. He'd be the new ECW's version of Taz only a little better. Taz was good but not as good as Samoa Joe could be.

RVD - He's still more than capable of wrestling. He'd have to be one of the top wrestlers in the company at least for when it came back. He's still over with the fans too.

Tommy Dramer - I just couldn't see an ECW without him. He'd have to be a big part of it and feuding with a lot of the new guys and putting them over.

Cody Rhodes - This one seems weird but I could see Paul Heyman booking him as one of those old school heels like he did with Steve Corino.

The Miz - Paul Heyman seems to love this guy and he is talented. I could see him fitting right in as a major heel in the company.

C.M. Punk - Oh man... just imagine more Punk/Joe matches and even a Punk vs. RVD feud. I'd love to see what Paul Heyman could do with both Punk and Samoa Joe together.

Big Show - I was a huge fan when Paul Heyman was booking for him on the "ECW" back in 2006. I loved seeing him just dominate opponents like he did and he even went through tables, tacks, etc. I could see Heyman pushing him like he did with Sid back in '99 when he had Sid go out there and just dominate everyone who got in his way.

Team 3D - Again, I'd love to see what Paul Heyman can do with these guys again. While I liked The Dudleys in the WWF/E I thought they were incredible in ECW. The new ECW would need a veteran tag team like them to help build up a new tag team division.

Robert Roode - He's so underrated. He plays that cocky heel perfectly and would be great under Heyman. I coul see Heyman turning him into another Shane Douglas only better.

That's all I can think of now. What do you think? Name others too.

I thought of this a little while ago too ( not the exact same but kind of like a One Nighr Stand thing). As it is known, heyman was one if the greatest minds in wrestling but he was a terrible bussinessman. If you were suggesting that they rebrand then it would need a lot of work and heyman would have to realize that he would need help to pull it off. I think it'd be sick but their should be more originals like sandman, raven, maybe the bwo ad other people that could draw attention as an original ecw thing. I think having people like mysterio, noble, Chavo, r-truth, kaz, and Morgan would be good additions to t but would need more badass looks and styles.

If he did, it would very probably be by far my favorite wrestling product. The guy is very creative and could create a star out of many of those you`ve mentioned. Besides, I`m sure he would not try to be WWE but something completely different, a true alternative.

It would be incredibly difficult to recreate the lightning Heyman managed to capture in his original ECW bottle once again.

Unfortunately, wrestling fans have regressed so much in the past ten years, that the audience just wouldn't be there anymore. ECW was truly a success because of what the WWF / WWE and WCW were doing at the time.

Wrestling was cool and it was downright entertaining. Anyone could have put on a half decent wrestling show in those days and as long as it had a great gimmick (which ECW did - hardcore) and it had a network (which ECW did - TNN), it would succeed. People were looking for wrestling back then, not just tuning in to see what happened.

In today's wrestling world, the majority of your audience is kids and a show like ECW would never happen in primetime (between 8 and 11pm), so garnering an audience would be nearly impossible.

I think if Heyman bought the rights to ECW back from Vince, it would have the potential to be more mainstream this go round, compared to the last, due to the exposure of the Brand name from WWE. I think that was the only reason it wasn't more popular than it was the first time.

One would debate whether or not it would re-create the magic of the original, and likely it would not. However, that all depends on what Heyman does with it, and as discussed, Heyman is a pretty Creative guy.

As far as the fans, I think a lot of older WWE fans who are absolutely craving something different than what Vince is currently giving them, would look to ECW, with some switching over completely. I think word of mouth would spread as well, to fans who stopped watching wrestling, shortly after ECW went out of business.

Undoubtedly, Paul learned from his financial mistakes the first time, and would play the game smarter this time.

I think the product would be more successful than TNA, however still not as successful as WWE. WWE is the Wal-Mart of the wrestling world. Perception is reality for people, and WWE will always be perceived as the biggest and best, due to its long-time past reputation. Which is something they are clearly living off of at this particular point in time.

u know what he could have called it?

well u didn't really name off anyone from the indy scene u just named off WWE and TNA wrestlers ad the occasional WWE wrestler RVD, no REAL indy stars like:

1. jack evans - a breakdancing wrestler who used to wrestle in CZW is more than

Good idea. But two problems; first, Vince would NEVER sell the rights to ECW back to Heyman. secondly, Heyman wouldn't be able to afford to do it anyway. Wrestlers these days aren't going to work for the next to nothing that Heyman payed them before (if they got payed at all). So as far as getting guys like CM Punk, Miz, Big Show, Samoa Joe and others would be nearly impossible as they would want more money than Heyman could pay out. Also, Punk and Miz are well on their way to becoming mega stars in the WWE and why would they Jeopardize that by going to the new ecw.....they wouldn't.

i actually was thinking about this topic recently. We all know that Paul isn't the biggest fan if the WWE or Vince and I was thinking if he would ever consider starting up a new wrestling show. Of course I was thinking more reallistically and about stars he could actually bring in. Also i'm sure he would try to reach a deal with ROH because of the many talented stars they have so they could cross promote. Out of available people i'm sure his new wrestling show would have

The Sandman
Sabu
Raven
Spike Dudley
Taz
Justin Credible
Shane Douglas
Terry Funk
Steve Corino
Roadkill
Balls Mahoney
2 Cold Scorpio
NEw JAck
The F.B.I.
Tajiri
Danny Doring
Masato Tanaka
Super Crazy
Axl Rotten
CW Anderson
along with other ECW originals that I cant think of right now

Also I think many wrestlers will come out of retirement or "defect" to his new organization because of love for Paul Heyman
RVD(said that wrestling is always an option and likely would be willing to work for Paul)
Tommy Dreamer(though he is champ and has signed a new deal I'm sure he would leave because he is the heart and soul of ECW)
Mikey Wipreck(Don't know much about him but he is relatively young and could still work)
RHino(He loves ECW and would probably leave TNA, where he isn't doing anything, to work for PAulie)
Stevie Richards(hey why not)
Dean malenko(unretire for a couple of matches maybe)
Jerry LYnn(ROh deal)

IDk, I think it would work but it would need a lot of hard work and effort form a lot of people to really get it of the ground

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back