What's REALLY the biggest Mania match of all-time?

Back in the early days of Wrestlemania 1 - 3, you could only watch on CCTV...I remember sitting in the Anaheim Convention Center with about 10,000 people for WM III...It was like watching a live event...With that being said...

Without a doubt and thus from everyone's stated opinion...

HOGAN V ANDRE was and still is the GREATEST and MOST MEMORABLE MATCH EVER!!!

I have watch wrestling since my grandfather was a bell keeper at the Olympic Auditorium in Downtown Los Angeles, CA...I was there when Andre slammed Big John Studd through the chain link fence cage...No one can show me or tell me of another match the DEFINED wrestling like Hogan V Andre...

Whatcha going do when the 23 inch pythons run wild on you BROTHA!!!

Hogan vs Andre by a mile. Hogan took off before that match but that match was Andre's gift to Hogan and wrestling in general. That's when people knew that Hogan was going to be around for a while.

Hogan vs Warrior in second. The aura surrounding this match was just huge. Hogan actually doing the clean job was a surprise. It was weird at that time to see two popular guys square off. Who would have thought that getting these two together would bring out the best in both and have a tremendous match.

it depends if you saw that wrestkemania live or not and your age group honestly. Some of the younger fans now a days would be like so what he picked up Andra. Big Show, Henry, Kane, even Yoko get picked up and slammed. Also that match was not great. Is it a historic match and an iconic match? Yes without question. But Im going to go with Bret vs HBK. That match was just amazing.

Hogan/Andre. This should be unquestioned. This wasn't just a match between the two biggest names in professional wrestling, this match, more than any other match, made the WWF. Wrestlemania I was a complete experiment that could have bankrupted the WWF out of business. Wrestlemania II was lackluster, and the idea to split it into 3 arenas was terrible. Vince McMahon needed Wrestlemania III to be a HUGE success, or his company was in danger. This match not only put the WWF on the map in a national sense, it made the WWF THE wrestling company. Nothing the AWA, NWA or other organizations at the time had anything that could match the spectacle of Hogan vs. Andre the Giant. It wasn't the best match on the card, obviously that would be Savage/Steamboat...but in terms of importance? No match in WWF/E history comes even close.

A lot of Wrestlezone posters are simply not old enough to understand just how important this single match was to the history of professional wrestling.

hoganandre.jpg

This is the single most famous staredown in wrestling history.

Yeah, it's Hogan/Andre. Hogan/Andre is largely the reason the WWF became the company synonymous with wrestling. Hogan/Andre is the main event that basically made it impossible for another company to be the world wide leader.

So what's really the biggest WrestleMania match of all time huh??????????????

Well lets see what its definitely not:

Its definitely not Shawn Michaels vs Stone Cold because they did not hype the match up at all Tyson vs Austin was the storyline we got for this match the hype was not there and the match wasn't great either!!!!!!!!!!

Shawn Michaels vs Bret Hart definitely the second best match at WrestleMania ever. But this match was not a big match either the story wasn't their and at the time both wrestlers could barely draw huge crowds for a match!!!!!!

Stone Cold vs The Rock at WrestleMania XV and XVII: The first match wasn't that great and the hype and the outcome was very predictable was not a huge draw then. However, The second match had the hype the huge crowd and was a great match definitely close 3rd place in one of the biggest matches in WrestleMania history!!!!!!!!

Hulk Hogan vs Randy Savage was not a big match sure they had a great build up and it had a decent crowd in Atlantic City but it was not up to par to be one of the biggest matches in WrestleMania history made if both Hogan and Savage were faces I could see a possibility but not there for me.

Hulk Hogan vs Ultimate Warrior definitely a big match, the hype, the story, the crowd split down the middle this match had it all. The match itself was great story telling with a lot of drama I would put this match 4th biggest match in WrestleMania history.

The Rock vs Hulk Hogan this is the second biggest match on the history of WrestleMania history the old lion vs the new lion as Jim Ross said before and during the match the 2 biggest stars of each generation going at it was a priceless moment. Still is one match I watch every year before WrestleMania.

The Biggest match in the History of WrestleMania is?????????????????????

Hulk Hogan vs Andre the Giant 93,000 plus fans sold out the Pontiac Silver Dome too see this match its also called the biggest match in the history of wrestling the hype was huge and no one was sure on the outcome!!!!!!!!!! This match alone could of been the only match at WrestleMania III and the fans would have still come. Thats how huge this match is just think about it 11.6 million people tuned to watch the rematch which till this day is the most watched match in the history of wrestling!!!!!!!!! The biggest WrestleMania match that there ever will be is this one Hogan vs Andre!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now can The Rock vs John Cena live up to this hype for the biggest match in WrestleMania history absolutely not!!!!!!!!!!!! Why well lets see why since Hogan vs Andre happened at WrestleMania we have not seen a bigger crowd since at WrestleMania. The Rock vs John Cena will not sell out 93,000 plus to be honest this match isnt bigger than my fourth pick Hogan vs Warrior. Sure The Rock and John Cena have alot of wrestling fans however neither of them have the support Andre and Hogan had heading into WrestleMania III or even after WrestleMania. I personally wanna see this match only because I want to see the Rock win and I just don't think I will even get that but besides that no other reason at all. This match will probably be good it will have alot of support but 11.6 million people arent watching Raw this week or any week that has been advertised with both Cena and the Rock there!!!!!! They been lucky to get a solid 3.3 million viewer rating this match isnt as big as the WWE is making it out to be. Forever it will always be Hogan vs Andre!!!!!!!

Its got to be Hogan/Andre with no other even close. WM3 is really when WWF went from wrestling to more Sports Entertainment. The whole event turned WWF around with the story building around WM. I would have to say my favorite Mania match was also at WM3 with Savage/Steamboat. Savage never got his due with amangement as everything was about Hogan. I do think most fans can agree from that era Savage was the best in-ring performer from a wrestling perspective

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back