Who Do You Think Will Become WWE or World Heavyweight Champion in 2012?

Cena, Orton, and Punk are pretty much locks to hold a world title at some point in the next year. Del Rio is probably right up there. I think you've got to consider Daniel Bryan a possibility since he has the MITB briefcase, and Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, Mark Henry, and Sheamus are all right there. I wouldn't be surprised if The Miz had another reign and, if they could actually get his character under control, I wouldn't mind seeing R-Truth with a short run.

And here's a dark horse: Jericho.

Perhaps Triple H could become Champion sometime between now and Wrestlemania.. Undertaker returns at the Royal Rumble to go on and win it and face Triple H at Wrestlemania in a streak Vs WWE Championship match. I know Undertaker is maybe going to return next month but you never know. I don't really want to see these two go it again at Wrestlemania but having the belt chucked it and Undertaker hopefully winning and having one last Championship run before he either retires or appears only at Wresltmanias would be something I would be interested in.

theres actullay quite a few mid carders i could see winning the big one in 2012 but ill go with Dolph Ziggler,Cody Rhodes and John Morrison as there all really talented and with the way cody is going now he could end up in a world title fued before the year is over and after dolph drops the us title (and his "rematch clause") hes got nothing left to do in the mid card so id say move him up to main event (and send del rio back to the mid card) and john morrison was looking like he was gonna win the big one this year butt then he got hurt and lost all his momentum :disappointed: so hopefully he gets the momentum back and wins the world title next year!

I'm strongly hoping for Rhodes or Ziggler to get a run with the title.

Rhodes has just been amazing. He put alot of thought into his character and is very entertaining.

I love zigglers in ring work. his 1 minute title reign is a complete joke. I hope gets a better one.

I'm going to assume this thread is refering to wrestlers who haven't won the World championship yet and will become the champion and reach the main event in 2012. That's at least what I'm going to go with because there's plenty of obvious names who have been in the main event scene for years and will continue to be.

I really think Dolph Ziggler is a wrestler who will finally get a chance to be World champion in 2012. I know, technically, he's already won a World title. But, fact is, that was such a short and insignificant reign that I barely count it. I think 2012 will be Ziggler's break out year where he's actually given the title seriously and he's given a chance to stay in the main event scene. He definitely has the tools for it, although I'd prefer if he dropped Vickie Guerrero and got away from her before becoming a real heel champion. I'm tired of Vickie Guerrero's involvement, personally, and I don't think Ziggler needs her anymore.

I also think, if they continue to book Mark Henry the way he's been booked the past few months and continue to push him as this dominant, frightening heel, then he could easily be a World champion and have a good run. He's looked great during this run as a heel, and while he may not win the title from Orton at NoC I do think he could easily be a serious champion and main event player in 2012.

I also think Wade Barrett, Daniel Bryan, and Cody Rhodes are also likely names who could step up and be World champion sometime in 2012. I definitely think Barrett should be given the shot and a run in the main event this next year.

Personally I would really like to see names like Christian, Sheamus, Alberto Del Rio, and even Jack Swagger, who have already been World champions, either return to the main event scene and be developed better or stay in the main event scene and be given more opportunity to be stars there. Especially Christian!

Ok the main event scene is sort of crowded right now. Here is a list(that I just made) of guys that either competed for the WWE title directly, or very close to directly(promos against champs, upper-midcard matches mayver for a title shot, etc)

Raw
Cena
Punk
Miz
R-Truth
Morrison
Del Rio
Nash(in-directly)
HHH(in-directly)

Smackdown
Orton
Henry
Sheamus
Rhodes(Promo on Orton)
Barrett
Bryan
Christian

This is leaving out guys like Kane, Big Show, Taker, and Tyler Reks(Kidding)

Thats a good amount of guys involved in a title picture in some way, now some will fall off(Barrett for the most part hasn't been in the title picture, ame with Morrison, Truth or Miz) but most will still be in that title picture. Now I honestly can't see any new faces being added without old faces either retireing(Henry?) or getting injured(Cena and Orton are due for their bi-yearly injury)

The only faces I see emerging on those lists that havn't been champs are guys like Bryan and Rhodes. They are young and could really shake up those titles. Orton and Cena will always be near the main two titles but we will have transitional champs and maybe some heel/face turns to make some new match ups possible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back