Who is Your Favorite TNA Wrestler of All Time and/or Current?

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
This thread hasnt been done in a while so what the hell....
Real simple question who is your favorite all time tna wrestler and if he/she retired or is gone who is your current one??
As for me ... Lets see all times its gotta be kurt angle ....he has the charisma the mic skills,can be a great heel and face, and its one of the best wrestler right now.... I just love watching kurt angle no matter what company he is...
With him being on the shelf my current favorite tna wrestler is.....mr anderson..... Same like kurt angle ... He just oozes charisma!!
So who's your??
Discuss

Mine is AJ Styles. I think he is in the top five best wrestlers in the world today and he has proved that time and time again. He can work both heel and face, and is charismatic working both parts. I find him better at cutting promos as a heel but he is also very talented as face. Most of TNA's best moments feature the phenomenal Aj Styles.

A close second has to be Kurt ANgle. Simply because the matches he puts on. The man is already getting up there in age and can still go out and put on a five star match. He is the best wrestler in the world and in my opinion is the best in ring of all time.

Coming up third is the charismatic enigma Jeff Hardy. I have never been a Jeff Hardy fan but this new gimmick of his I love with passion. I wasn't so sure about it at first untill I saw his heel promos. He plays the mysterious heel so well.

Long time reader, 1st time poster...I am a huge fan of TNA and absolutely love to read these posts, just thought I would finally register and chime in about one. :)

Mine has got to be Sting (user name should tell you that) but since he has left the company, I have to say it's Jeff Jarrett...I have always liked his style and his heel character for years and years has always been one of the best. I am not so fond of this MMA thing he has going now, but I know that it won't last long and hope that he gets back to doing something relevant soon...

how would one consider STING as a TNA wrestler. I know sting wrestled for TNA but would you really think of him as a tna wrestler or a WCW wrestler? I mean, when you think of Goldberg do you thing WCW or WWE? When you think NWO do you think WCW or do you think WWE? when you think Tommy Dreamer do you think ECW or WWE/TNA?

if we are going with ACTUAL TNA guys, not wash up ratings "grabbers" ie Nash, Hogan, Flair, Sting, ect. I gotta go with AJ Styles.

How can you not love this man? he like HBK or benoit or Eddie, could have a match with a goddamn paper bag and make it a five star classic

One of my favorite wrestlers period has always been Christian Cage. I find TNA to be unwatchable most of the time lately (though once a hardcore TNA advocate) namely because absolutely nothing interests me on the show. I can say with complete confidence though, if Christian were still on the roster, I'd be watching every week just like I always had JUST to see him. Heck, that's why I stopped watching Smackdown just because he got injured.

As for current wrestlers, Mr. Anderson takes the cake. He's just too damn good.

I'm not a huge tna fan at present, since it came under eric and terry creative control it has stunk to high heaven. But, it still has a deeper talent roster than WWE, even if it's trying hard to fuck up.

I'll start by saying i'm also going to disavow people who really are not 'truely' tna, like RVD, Dreamer or Anderson. Jeff Hardy and Angle would get in because while they had good careers in WWE, they have either equalled or surpassed them in TNA. That said, neither make number one.

5. Senshi. Truely unique style, or at least where it has worked. Needed more time on the mic (has shown up on NXT) and poorly booked on occasions. I would have had him higher, but has now jumped ship to the E - and given the recent results, I hope the money was worth it.

4. Kurt Angle. The guy used to drive me to distraction in WWE with some of dumb ass stuff that he was involved in - 'drink you milk' with Lesnar or the three-way with Trips and Steff - but the matches were good. In TNA, until recently, the BS was cut out and focus put on what he could do, wrestle most guys (except maybe Shelton, Danielson or Doug Williams) out the building, whether as a heel or face. I bought into the 'win the title or retire angle' more than any recently, because it looked legit. I hope now he has the sense to walk away before he turns into Bret Hart.

3. AJ Styles. He has been mr tna since JJ decided people might like someone besides himself to be champ. AJ as the whole package and has been working hard to put over guys as well. The only thing I have against him has been the way he has to my mind crumpled in recent months with creative trying push him as the next flair. He's not flair - ric never had the range of moves so had to be 'the dirtiest player in the game'. Stop killing the guy by trying to make him what he'll never be.

2. Christopher Daniels. Like AJ has given all he has for the company - even when stuck being Curry Man (AMG the japanese have a very odd sense of humor). Maybe not has great on the stick, but I am just that little more convinced by him in the ring. And I've also seen far fewer 'U fucked up moments' from him compared to AJ.

1. Samoa Joe. Joe was the recent I started watching TNA when it came to UK tv in the first place. After finding out about him online and then seeing him live in the UK (and meeting him back stage, sitting alongside Abyss unmasked which was odd), I was sold he could be the next Taz. His style is what appeals to me as BJJ black belt myself, hard strikes, brutal submissions and, until recently, great speed and agility for a 280 pounder. On the mic, yes he sucks, I know. And now the nation of violence angle has gone silly and the he has gone a little lazy, but he can still, put in with the right people (NOT Nash or JJ!) put on great matches.

The guys I rate are all ring work over mic work guys, because thats what I want to see in a wrestling show, wrestling. Four of them have been in MOTY winners. What worries me, is senshi has gone to the dark side to get his ass handed to him weekly, Kurt is close to retiring (and probably should), CD is back on the Indies, AJ is loosing all his credibility being Flair's lackey and creative are probably close to handing Joe his pink slip. Although, I guess only the rats go down with a sinking ship.

For me, it has to be Kurt Angle. He really is the best wrestler in the world today. When he arrived in TNA I didnt have particularly high hopes after knowing his injury problems in WWE, but he has really impressed me with the consistant quality of his matches. Awesome on promos, awesome in the ring and a true legend of the business, Kurt Angle is my favourite TNA wrestler of all time.

Second is AJ Styles. The most exciting wrestler in the business today without question. He actually is phenomenal, and is MR TNA to me, he represents the company better than any other wrestler. His athleticism is frightening and I have never seen a match featuring Styles that has not thouraghly entertained me. The springboard clothesline is one of the best sights in wrestling today, and the spiral tap is stunning.

My 3rd favourite TNA star is The Fallen Angel, Christopher Daniels. He is criminally underrated in my opinion, and has always been overshadowed by AJ Styles and even Samoa Joe after their series of triple-threat matches. Daniels is a fantastic perfomer, with a brilliant moveset. I think that the BME is my favourite version of the moonsault of all time, and I am shocked that Daniels never had a good run in WCW or WWE earlier in his career, he is not a rookie. Perhaps it is only his size that holds him back, as I think Daniels is one of the top wrestlers TNA has seen since it began

Current

Kazarian - Very underrated. This dude is sick in the ring. I'd love to see him and AJ tag for a while.

All Time

Kurt Angle - AJ is very good, but Angle is the best out there right now period.

Honorable Mention

Ric Flair - If you look up awesome in the dictionary you'll find a picture of Miz holding up the 4 Horsemen sign on one hand and a Ric Flair sign in the other.

how would one consider STING as a TNA wrestler. I know sting wrestled for TNA but would you really think of him as a tna wrestler or a WCW wrestler? I mean, when you think of Goldberg do you thing WCW or WWE? When you think NWO do you think WCW or do you think WWE? when you think Tommy Dreamer do you think ECW or WWE/TNA?

if we are going with ACTUAL TNA guys, not wash up ratings "grabbers" ie Nash, Hogan, Flair, Sting, ect. I gotta go with AJ Styles.

How can you not love this man? he like HBK or benoit or Eddie, could have a match with a goddamn paper bag and make it a five star classic

Would you please stfu? No one is asking which is your favorite homegrown TNA star. This question is about who is your favorite wrestler wrestling in TNA. And yes, my favorite is Sting also. The little kids coming up who may not know or have ever heard of WCW will think of Sting as a TNA talent, so yes he could count but like I said prior, it doesn't matter about who originated where. My other favorites are hard. TNA's roster is so packed with amazing talent. I'll say my other favorites are Hernandez, Kurt Angle, Desmond Wolfe, Rhino, Tara, The Gunz, Hamada, and Amazing Red. Suicide was pretty cool as well.

Hm...

Homegrown TNA Stars:

AJ Styles and Matt Morgan, equally. AJ Styles is just so awesome in the ring and with tutoring from Ric Flair he's really gotten his promos improved upon. A Once and Future World Heavyweight Champion. Meanwhile Morgan is a future World Champion, a dual-sport star with a lot of believabilty and charisma and a good wrestling package to make any match a decent endevour to watch.

TNA Knockouts:

Mickie James and Tara. My favorite Knockouts in the division since before they joined, and I'll mark out when I see Mickie James win the Knockouts Championship. Both are veteran wrestlers able to carry a match with nearly any Knockout, and they're still sexy as hell.

TNA Imports:

From the guys brought into TNA over the years that were not homegrown talent, I'd say Ric Flair and Sting. Easily the two biggest names to ever hold the WCW World Heavyweight Championship and the only two men still consistent enough as wrestlers, promo-men and in star-power to carry their own end of a feud or faction.

I think I'm like most TNA fans and would have to say AJ Styles is my favorite of the homegrowns. Since that he's been well-covered, I'll give you my second-favorite; James Storm.

Between America's Most Wanted and Beer Money he's arguably the greatest tag team wrestler of the last 6-7 years. His image is great and his catchphrase is the best in the business. I know he's kind of ripping off Stone Cold (or Sandman, if you must) with the beer drinking, but he's added his own touch with the bottle smashes to to the head.

My favorite TNA wrestler right now is The Anti-Christ of Professional Wrestling Jeff Hardy. I've always liked Jeff Hardy but right now with his recent heel turn I've become a Huge Jeff Hardy fan.

My Favorite TNA wrestler of All-Time is AJ Styles he is a Phenomenal wrestler and he's a Homegrown TNA wrestler what's not like to like about AJ Styles.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back