Will Hardy Wrestle at Genesis?

Jeff Hardy should at least be wrestling at the PPV. Maybe he doesn't have to defend the World Title, which is asinine already, but people are recommending to have him just sit there and watch? Commentate? Could anyone really be cool with paying $30 to listen to Jeff Hardy talk about Morgan and Anderson? Are we forgetting that we're talking about Jeff Hardy here? It's not like the guy lights up many promos, but the fact is he is the top of the company, he is the representative of TNA, and he needs to be showcased whether he has outside issues or not. If he can't handle the pressure or the work, then he's not fit to be the champion.

Thing is the people he's mainly fueding with are Morgan and Anderson (to a lesser extent RVD) and I'd rather see a match that has a bit of build for a PPV rather than a randomly set up one. If there is a build up to a match with RVD I wouldn't mind, but anything else would seem forced.

Look, throw out all of the "He could serve time" crap. The fact of the matter is, Hardy is the World HeavyWeight Champion. I don't care if he's screwed up as hell headed into the PPV, or what happens in between legally. He's the champion, so he's the biggest attraction.

RVD has been slowly going through members of Immortal since he returned. He defeated Abyss, and Rhyno. It was disapointing that he wasn't on last week's Impact, but he seems the logical choice since he was guaranteed a title shot upon his return. TNA simply can't afford for Hardy NOT to wrestle on their first PPV of the year. Especially where Immortal is in the state where they can't afford to not establish their champion as the biggest draw. I cant see any circumstances where Hardy doesn't appear, and I think RVD is the logical opponent. Hardy is a draw, and just because you have another high profile match(Morgan vs Anderson) doesnt mean that Hardy vs ? shouldn't be THE high profile match.

Your World Champion NEEDS to wrestle at the PPV, always, period.

Maybe not defending the belt (high profile tag match) and it certainly doesn't have to be the Mani Event, but to not have him booked in a match is bad booking. At this point, yes, it would be a thrown together nonsense fued, but they could've planned for something weeks ago.

Forget the idea that they've done it before and it's OK, it's not. This is TNA we're talking about, if they've done it before, it's probably not OK. And to whoever said ECW and WCW did it all the time, where did that get them?

Also, the MMA arguement is the stupidest thing I've ever heard. That is real fighting, where it takes them weeks if not months to recover, not to mention train for their next opponent. They don't do it to build prestige, they do it to keep their fighters healthy.

If Jeff came out and said he isn't defending because nobody is worthy and he makes the rules, then that might be an OK excuse, but that didn't happen. We just have a junkie champion who is probably too "worn down" to perform his duties as World Champion. I feel bad for anybody who is going to pay $40 to NOT see the World Title defended, it's basically a 3-hour episode of Impact that costs $40 more dollars than a typical Thursday night. Way to go TNA, you're just like WCW and ECW.

I think of it like this. WWE's TLC PPV is this weekend. I cannot imagine having this PPV happen and not having the Miz defend his WWE title, or having Kane defend his WHC title. Whether you like these guys or whether you don't, whether you like their current feuds or whether you don't, put whatever spin on it you like. How could this PPV happen without these two titles being defended, it would be illogical and incomplete. WWE has been setting up these matches for weeks, and are already laying, or soon will be, the foundations for the next PPV. They'll be ready for the next time they go to PPV next month. TNA does not appear to have this same type of planning and forethought.

Never mind having Hardy wrestle in a non-title match, and even worse, never mind a non-wrestling appearance, this is simply not good enough. He has to be in a program interesting enough to be featured on a PPV in a title defence and if not, TNA has quite simply dropped the ball (shock and awe).

I think of it like this. WWE's TLC PPV is this weekend. I cannot imagine having this PPV happen and not having the Miz defend his WWE title, or having Kane defend his WHC title. Whether you like these guys or whether you don't, whether you like their current feuds or whether you don't, put whatever spin on it you like. How could this PPV happen without these two titles being defended, it would be illogical and incomplete. WWE has been setting up these matches for weeks, and are already laying, or soon will be, the foundations for the next PPV. They'll be ready for the next time they go to PPV next month. TNA does not appear to have this same type of planning and forethought.

Never mind having Hardy wrestle in a non-title match, and even worse, never mind a non-wrestling appearance, this is simply not good enough. He has to be in a program interesting enough to be featured on a PPV in a title defence and if not, TNA has quite simply dropped the ball (shock and awe).

Its like this. In WWE's case there is a reason why they are having those matches on PPV. The Kane/ Edge saga has been going on for quite sometime and Miz won the title off Orton in a rather unclean manner and Orton being the former champion can invoke a rematch clause. In case of TNA there really is no reason why Hardy should have a match on PPV. And that allegation that TNA lacks planning and forethought is wrong at least in this case. Because I feel that TNA actually feels that this tension between Anderson and Morgan is riveting enough to sell a PPV. That is why they have not given off the match on free TV.

Coming back to Hardy, the only reason why you state Hardy should have a match is because it has been the norm that a PPV is headlined by a match for the main championship of that company. But what match can you actually book Hardy in? He has defeated Morgan in two consecutive PPV matches and Anderson has so far not done enough to earn a title match. Immortal know that he is a strong contender for the title and so they are deliberately putting roadblocks in his way so that he can never challenge Hardy for the title. And after Morgan and Anderson there are really no more contenders as of now. Also there is little sense in booking a triple threat match between the Morgan, Anderson and Hardy because in a triple threat match the champion has more of a chance of losing the title. So why would Immortal allow such a match to happen?

So the reason why Hardy does not have a match on PPV is because there are no credible challengers to his title.

My problem is not just the PPV but the fact that Hardy is too much in the back while he is the champion and suppose to be the big thing. You almost never see him and it's like the hidden champ that they are trying to hide but Bischoff, Flair and Fourtune all seem more important than him.

I think that your champion need to be showcased more and he should defend his title at the PPV. But being in a "nWo" era the heel always win and cheat and do everything in their power to not wrestle and screw the faces.

Its like this. In WWE's case there is a reason why they are having those matches on PPV. The Kane/ Edge saga has been going on for quite sometime and Miz won the title off Orton in a rather unclean manner and Orton being the former champion can invoke a rematch clause. In case of TNA there really is no reason why Hardy should have a match on PPV. And that allegation that TNA lacks planning and forethought is wrong at least in this case. Because I feel that TNA actually feels that this tension between Anderson and Morgan is riveting enough to sell a PPV. That is why they have not given off the match on free TV.

Coming back to Hardy, the only reason why you state Hardy should have a match is because it has been the norm that a PPV is headlined by a match for the main championship of that company. But what match can you actually book Hardy in? He has defeated Morgan in two consecutive PPV matches and Anderson has so far not done enough to earn a title match. Immortal know that he is a strong contender for the title and so they are deliberately putting roadblocks in his way so that he can never challenge Hardy for the title. And after Morgan and Anderson there are really no more contenders as of now. Also there is little sense in booking a triple threat match between the Morgan, Anderson and Hardy because in a triple threat match the champion has more of a chance of losing the title. So why would Immortal allow such a match to happen?

So the reason why Hardy does not have a match on PPV is because there are no credible challengers to his title.

With all due respect, I think you are totally missing my point. In WWE's case, there is a reason why the title matches are happening, but that isn't the case just by chance, it's the case because WWE had the forethought and the cohesiveness of thought to set the matches up adequately in advance of the PPV. The Kane/Edge saga has been going on for some time (too long in my opinion), this is to set up their ultimate showdown(s) on PPV. The Miz won the title off Orton in such a manner to set-up the inevitable re-match, again quality planning on the part of WWE, something which is sorely lacking in TNA.

Look at the first bolded statement. There is no reason why the TNA Heavyweight Champion, the top dog in the company in the moment, should have a match at the upcoming PPV. What a sorry statement for TNA wrestling to make. If you cannot come up with a reason to put the guy at the pinnacle of your company in a quality match at a PPV which has been planned all year, there's something seriously wrong in Orlando. This is the very lack of planning and forethought that I am talking about.

The tension between Anderson and Morgan may be totally riveting, and it should happen on PPV in a postition of prominence on the card, but not at the expense of the Title match. Anderson/Morgan should happen in addition to Hardy vs (X), not in lieu of.

There is a reason why having a champion defend his title on PPV is the norm. Because it makes sense. And because it's the norm, fans have come to expect it. And when the fans do not receive what they expect, they will ultimately be disappointed, something that TNA fans should be all too familiar with (especially considering BFG). You ask what match could you put Hardy in at this PPV. The fact that this question even has to be posed concerning their reigning champion is very telling. After Morgan and Anderson, there are no more contenders. That's another sorry statement regarding an organization which has the amount of talent that they have, but apparently have no idea how to use.

To me, it is assinine to not have the main guy in your company, the Heavyweight Champion of your organization, defend his belt on PPV. It is even more ridiculous because you don't have an opponment for him, or a noteworthy match to put him in. The TNA faithful can spin it however they so choose, but having an organization not have a title match for it's biggest hardware, and still expect the fans to pay approx. 50 bucks to see it, is ludicrous, short-sighted, and typifies the problems plaguing TNA.

I ... have no idea. On one hand you hear all these rumors about him being all screwed up at Turning Point, yet he comes out and wrestles with no issues at all. I personally didn't notice anything different about him, aside from how basic he is in the ring.

It's too early to say if he'll wrestle at Genesis. Anderson is too busy with Morgan. The only two people that I can see go up against him at Genesis are RVD and Pope.

RVD for the obvious reasons. He never lost the belt, blah blah. However, I think I heard Hardy or someone else say that RVD won't be getting a shot soon or something of that nature.

Pope on the other hand ran this "Rebirth" angle on iMPACT. Maybe he could step up and battle The Anti-Christ? It makes sense storyline wise, but it's totally out of the blue.

So, I have no idea. On paper, it would suck if the Champion doesn't wrestle at the PPV. But realistically, Hardy's matches are generally snoozefests, unless he's facing Angle or AJ Styles, so it could prove to be a good thing.

Pope on the other hand ran this "Rebirth" angle on iMPACT. Maybe he could step up and battle The Anti-Christ? It makes sense storyline wise, but it's totally out of the blue.

I could be completely wrong, but something about Pope's segment struck me as being the first step toward a heel turn. The minute he mentioned something about the fans "getting out their wallets" just struck me as an odd shift. I know he followed that up with stuff about giving to charity, but I see a "sinister minister" gimmick coming out of this. If they continue with Pope asking for donations, don't you just see some face running out and accusing Pope of keeping the money for himself?

I could be completely wrong, but something about Pope's segment struck me as being the first step toward a heel turn. The minute he mentioned something about the fans "getting out their wallets" just struck me as an odd shift. I know he followed that up with stuff about giving to charity, but I see a "sinister minister" gimmick coming out of this. If they continue with Pope asking for donations, don't you just see some face running out and accusing Pope of keeping the money for himself?

Perhaps you're right. I mean, Pope is done as a face in my opinion. He's been getting his ass whooped since he won that 8 Card Stud Tournament. It could be refreshing to see him as a heel and maybe you're right. I've never seen Pope as a heel so who knows, it could turn out to be a good thing IF he is turning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back