Will we ever see Booker T return to a WWE ring?

Y2Jericho

GORE! GORE! GORE!
I hope we do. Booker T has been one of my favourite wrestlers since I began watching wrestling in '99 and his King Booker gimmick was one of the contributing factors to me giving up on wrestling. Ever since Booker left for TNA, where I knew he wouldn't stay long, I've held hope for a return to WWE as the Booker that made sure everyone knew he was a 5 time WCW Champion.

Hopefully I'm not the only person who wants this, I'd like to see some other opinions on this topic, also including:

How would Booker come back? example: Suprise "open challenge" acceptant.
Would he be a face or heel?
Would they drop that stupid fucking King Booker gimmick?

Booker said in a interview he was close to signing with WWE after he left TNA but the deal fell through mainly due to his wife having twins so i think few months after his wife has the twins he'll try to sign deal with WWE. How will he come back who knows with WWE i mean Christian was supposed to be jeff Hardy's attacker and then they changed it so who knows. He would probally be a face and then turn heel down the line. Like i said early its WWE so who knows but lets pray he doesnt EVER have the King Booker Shit EVER NEVER EVER AGAIN(the way Chris Jericho says it)

I really hope he does come back, but i would wonder how well his wreslting would be, all the guys that have been around since his time are dying down now and just aren't as exciting. He would definately be a face and probably get a huge crowd pop.
As far how i don't know maybe have one of his old rivals that he beat in a big fued become world champion and be bragging that no one can stop him at the moment and hes unbeatable, until booker shows up and shuts him up....can you dig it?? haha

I would like to see Booker T return, perhaps as a suprise entrant in the Royal Rumble or a mystery addition to someones team at Survivor Series. He is always entertaining and can still go in the ring definately. He sucked in TNA but I think a return to the WWE would be a big success

of all people I would prob be one of the first to jump on the OMG ITS BOOKER so happy hes back! bandwagon... ive liked the guy since his Harlem Heat days in WcW even his corny GI Bro gimmick he had at one point in wcw.. loved him when he first went to WWF tho the rock made him seem like riffraff i honestly think hes never been able to get has big as he once was near the end of WcW no one that watched wcw will ever forget when hogan walked out against jarrett and booker was brought in when he first got his first wcw title..

BUT his whole king booker crap killed me liking him and he was even worse in TNA and to me he honestly needs to do something with those dreads cutting them either off and going back to the classic look from wcw or what he looked like around the time when he was in the Elim Chamber i believe it was the 2nd one he was in.. they were kinda short not to long.. he needs to do something to reinvent himself and NOT come back as King Booker..

okay after all of that out of the way on how i feel about... heres a few things you have to put into consideration about him returning...

1. He DID leave the E for TNA.. Vince doesn't look very kindly on people that do that.. look how big Christian had become over there.. and as much as im one of the biggest Christian fans their is i still dont think he will ever get as big as he was as Christian Cage in TNA because vince wont allow it..

2. Though vince doesn't give two craps about TNA he has to look and see the way he left the company he just got fed up and walked out.. who says he wont do that again with the E if he doesn't get his way?

3. If I recall.. when he first left TNA their was alot of bad stuff around him talking bad about both companies. something to do about vince not accepting his Wrestling School or something..

id love to see the guy back but he has the deck stacked against him really.. hes not as big as he was in WcW and i honestly don't think he ever could be again hes getting older himself

and i did see someone say something about "he should come back and be in the WHC run right away" lol no just no.. has Vince EVER rewarded someone coming from TNA to WWE? hah no and never will look what he did with Lo Ki.. (Kaval for those he didn't know what he was in TNA) he has made him a "rookie" which is just a joke granted he will never be a WHC but could atleast be a IC champ by now he left TNA so long ago..

ain id love to see the book man back in the E

Hey Yo!

As much as i'd love to see that theme music hit again, and that awesome spinaroonie, and hear can u dig it sucka?

In all honesty i dont think we are going to see that ever again, in a WWE ring that is. WWE already has a similar type character in R-Truth who is doing a wonderful job in his role. Booker T i think would fair very well with today's target WWE audience with that audience being the children, because he is very entertaining and charismatic, that is assuming he returns as a face. They have to drop that stupid King Booker crap i just won't accept it , it's dumb and silly and also totally unecessary.

The only capacity we will probably ever see the 5 time, 5 time, 5 time WCW champion is probably a surprise appearance at a Royal Rumble or something. But i hope the E proe me wrong.

I've always been a big Booker T fan so yes I would love to see him back. He's up there in age so if he's gonna do it he needs to do it with in the next year. Its also been 2-3 yrs since he was last in WWE so he needs to return sooner than later. I think he has alot to offer but I don't know if WWE would put him in the main event scene again. As Punishment for going to TNA they may put in mid-card limbo which would be a waste.

So in a perfect world, Booker T returns, gets back into the main event scene, and wrestles another 3-5 solid yrs before retirement.

If Booker comes back at all, it will be in TNA. You don't see the WWE bringing in older talent. If there are any old guys in the WWE now, they're lifers like Taker and Triple H. While he certainly had a WCW legacy, that doesn't count for much in the WWE and it's not enough for them to go against their "youth movement" strategy.

I wouldn't bet on it. Booker is 40 years old, and at his age, it would be hard for him to put up a good match in the WWE. Let's not forget the fact that his wife is having twins. Once she gives birth, he will probably be staying at home to fulfill his duties as a father. As much as all of you may hate to hear it, I truly believe that we will never see Booker T in a WWE Ring ever again.

and i did see someone say something about "he should come back and be in the WHC run right away" lol no just no.. has Vince EVER rewarded someone coming from TNA to WWE?

Jeff Hardy won the WWE Championship and the WHC after returning to the E from TNA. But I do agree Vince does like to hold most of the TNA callup's back a little bit. Because for every one Jeff Hardy you have Christian, Gail Kim, "Braden Walker", Kaval, and I think that's all the former TNA stars that joined the E

I've always liked Booker T,
Up till the mental King Booker stint,
I would love to see him return as #30 in the Royal Rumble and win,
But on the count that he jumped ship to TNA,
I doubt we'll ever see it

Booker T back as a WWE wrestler, in the main event? Now, where the new generation makes it's way to the top and there is in no fashion a lack of main eventers? And you know he's older than Undertaker and Shawn Michaels, right? I'd say the chance of Booker returning is about as high as that of a Benoit return. A return wouldn't even be good. A returning Booker isn't that good anymore, will only get worse and steals the spotlight for the upcoming stars.

If Booker T does return to the WWE, I think it'll most likely be in a non-wrestling capacity, such as a commentator or general manager position.

Booker has gotten up there in age, about the same age as both Shawn Michaels and Undertaker right now. The former has retired and the latter has about one more year left in him. So if Booker was to come back, it wouldn't be long before he hangs it up too.

Besides, if he does come back, what would there be for him to do? Other than put a few young guys over, I don't see him getting back into the main event picture. He'll most likely be used in a Chris Jericho capacity.

But as I said earlier, I think he'd be more suited for a broadcaster or GM position if he does return. And much like Jerry Lawler, he'd make occasional appearances in the ring but nothing permanent.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back