Will WM 30 be any place other than MSG??

Nwoite

Dark Match Winner
as we all know, Wrestlemania 1, 10 and 20 were all at MSG, which makes one believe that 30 would also be at the Garden.

However, as the saying goes, anything can happen in the WWE. Does anybody honestly think WM 30 will be elsewhere??

(i ask cuz i live in Greenwich, Ct and would love to go to my second Mania[first was 11])

There is no better place to start a new decade of Wrestlemania's than MSG....Wrestlemania will always be tied to MSG...there is onlt blueprint, one first...a consistent reminder of a new decade of sports entertainment supremecy can only take place where it all began...what MSG and Wrestlemania means to the McMahon family...Vince is smart enough and organized enough to remember where he came from and everything that has made him who is is. MSG should be remembered as the past present and future home for Wrestlemania, every other place every year is having a dog fight to see who can get the chance to host the biggest event in sports entertainment

I guarantee that Wrestlemania XXX will NOT take place in Madsion Square Garden!

The WWE brain trust has just begun to understand the formula for how Wrestlemania needs to be cultivated. The brand of "Wrestlemania" is too big to put in a 20,000 seat arena. Even if it does create a perfect atmosphere in the WWE's "home base" city.

The WWE would be ridiculously negligent if they decided to have the 30th edition of the show of shows in MSG. The revenue the E generates in giant stadiums for the spectacular makes any MSG show look second rate when the numbers are compared. It would be an "epic fail" of a business move.

With all of that being said, it would be great if the WWE still tried to bring Wrestlemania back to the NY area. With the new Giants Stadium opening (even though that's technically in NJ), Citi Field, and the new Yankee Stadium could all be candidates to hold the big event.

Obviously none of those stadiums have roofs on them and late March early April in NY isn't quite the most comfortable weather for an outdoor event but I'm sure there's accommodations that can be made for Mother Nature.

I hope so. MSG and wrestling is just magic. The best Raw last year was at MSG where Undertaker tombstoned Cena and they had that old school entrance way. It won't be that way for Wrestlemania but it will be special.

If they don't end up putting it in MSG, then they NEED to take it to another city that has a crowd that gets into the action. Philly, Boston, Toronto, Montreal, St. Louis, LA, Detroit, and of course Chicago. I would also like to see them throw Las Vegas into the mix.....And of course Pittsburgh or Cleveland would be great for me as I am only 45min to an hour away from each. lol

Great topic first off all I've been discussing this with a few friends recently. And as much as Wrestlemania has been paired with giant football stadium since Wrestlemania 23 I cant help but think WM30 will still be in MSG.

Besides the fact that WM 21 and 22 werent in the biggest arenas i looked back before WM 20 and realized that after WM 16 in California, 17, 18, and 19 all took place in giant stadiums as well, 19 of course being the only baseball field out of them.

So after 3 huge venues for Mania they still went back to good ol MSG for another 10 year anni of the first event. It's a tradition that I cant see broken any time in the near future. Outside arenas in the northeast will never work for Mania due to the weather. Although the weather has been tremendous lately.

Wrestlemania XXX SHOULD be featured at the Madison Square Garden. Everytime they have been there it's like they are at their best. So what if they won't be able to fit millions? There is still the invention of the television. I would rather have a great product from WWE from my living room then a watered-down excuse of a 'Mania somewhere else and have to pay a hefty sum to sit in the front row.

I would have to agree with Jorose24, or whatever his name is. WrestleMania is too big now to fit inside MSG. BUUUUT. MSG is WWE's first home. Exceptions can be made. I for one, don't care where its at. It's still Mania.

Wrestlemania XXX SHOULD be featured at the Madison Square Garden. Everytime they have been there it's like they are at their best. So what if they won't be able to fit millions? There is still the invention of the television. I would rather have a great product from WWE from my living room then a watered-down excuse of a 'Mania somewhere else and have to pay a hefty sum to sit in the front row.

pretty much agree.....the garden has had some of the most memorable moments in wrestling history....not to mention that they are making renovations to the garden (the cost is apparently around 775 million and rising), and I believe it should be done around the time of WM 30, so you get the worlds most famous arena with a prettier look to it and one of the best atmospheres you will get to see

I gotta think it'll be at MSG. 1, 10, 20...so having 30 makes complete sense.

But theres ONE place I know Vince has got to be salavating over: Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

108,713 was the announced attendence for the NBA all-star game there this year! Thats alot of dollar signs flashing in VKMs eyes- not to mention: Jerry Jones' also! If you havent seen the place- use the link & watch a tour. It will blow your fuckin mind! JJ put platforms around pillers for cheerleaders to dance on! I mean- are you kidding me??

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/multimedia.cfm

Im kinda upset about this possibility- cuz I believe the WM attendence record is still held by WM-III at the Pontiac Silverdome. Being at that event as a 9yr old(live in michigan)- I will never forget it. & its just pretty cool that its still the biggest WM ever. At least I think it still is. :suspic:

Anyway- thats the only place I can see it happening over MSG. Being that WM was just in Texas- Vince could try to stay away for a while. But- I just dont think he'll be able to, for too long!

I think I will have to agree that Cowboys Stadium would fit Wrestlemania, but I will throw something out there, but this is a bit of a reach. What about somewhere like Wembley Stadium in England? Now hear me out. If Vince wants to go International hosting Wrestlemania somewhere in Europe would work, and I bet there would be some big money, especially in PPV sales and merchandising. I prefer to keep it in the states, but as a business man I bet he could get it to work even though I prefer it to remain in the good ol U.S. of A.

Besides the fact that WM 21 and 22 werent in the biggest arenas i looked back before WM 20 and realized that after WM 16 in California, 17, 18, and 19 all took place in giant stadiums as well, 19 of course being the only baseball field out of them.
X-8 was also held at a baseball stadium. The SkyDome is where the Blue Jays play. The Argos play there too, but it's primarily a baseball stadium.

As for XXX, it 100% should be held at MSG. It's a tradition that should not be messed with.

it has to be at the world's most famous arena! i've been to wrestlemania 22-25.. and am counting on 30 being in nyc.(i live in new jersey so kinda biast as to location of the event)

I don't get what's so big about MSG to begin with and I'm not looking for an explanation. But, the WWE could easily have Wrestlemania 30 in Yankee Stadium (50,086 for baseball) or Citi Field (41,800 for baseball) and still maintain the tradition of returning to New York City on the decade anniversaries as well as having Wrestlemania in big stadiums.

I expect them to stick to tradition and have WM 30,40,50 etc. at MSG if it's possible.I think they should have WM 30 at a huge venue though since it should be as huge event for the WWE and it would be nice to have more than 20,000 people in attendance.

I assume it will be, but Cowboys Stadium is an interesting suggestion. I've been thinking about this as well. You know that when Vince saw that huge crowd for the boxing match held there, he had visions of 110,000 fans packed into that stadium dancing in his head. Wrestlemania will have to be there at some point-Vince wants it, and I'm sure Jerry Jones would want it. Another interesting suggestion is Wembley Stadium. One of the most famous stadiums in the world, recently renovated. Another natural fit.

I would not mind MSG getting wrestlemania 30. However, it is possible that Yankee Stadium or something could get Wrestlemania 30. With it already holding 50,000 plus, it could add another 10,000 or so for a wrestling event. The weather might be fine, so it will be interesting to see what happens. Cowboys stadium is going to get Wrestlemania. I expect it to get either 31 or 32.

me being from ny im a bit biased, about having wm xxx in msg but u guys are right it could be in another place, cowboys stadium sounds perfect just bc the amount of ppl that the wwe could fit there would be HUGE. if only it wasnt so damn cold out here they could put it in some where like the new giants stadium or even better yankee stadium. could u imagine how crazy that would be?? but i can only dream, sucks to be in the northeast north =(

I gotta think it'll be at MSG. 1, 10, 20...so having 30 makes complete sense.

But theres ONE place I know Vince has got to be salavating over: Cowboys Stadium in Arlington, Texas.

108,713 was the announced attendence for the NBA all-star game there this year! Thats alot of dollar signs flashing in VKMs eyes- not to mention: Jerry Jones' also! If you havent seen the place- use the link & watch a tour. It will blow your fuckin mind! JJ put platforms around pillers for cheerleaders to dance on! I mean- are you kidding me??

http://stadium.dallascowboys.com/multimedia.cfm

Im kinda upset about this possibility- cuz I believe the WM attendence record is still held by WM-III at the Pontiac Silverdome. Being at that event as a 9yr old(live in michigan)- I will never forget it. & its just pretty cool that its still the biggest WM ever. At least I think it still is. :suspic:

Anyway- thats the only place I can see it happening over MSG. Being that WM was just in Texas- Vince could try to stay away for a while. But- I just dont think he'll be able to, for too long!

it has to be here one day, jerry jones got the all star game the final four is coming theyve gotta have a superbowl there eventualy because it makes moneyy and theres the standing room seats so that means even more money

another thing i like about having mania here is the retractable roof they can have it indoor or outdoor..i was always a fan of outdoor wrestling matches they just were so much more fun to watch

I really hope not, for selfish reasons. I live near New York City, have always wanted to attend a WrestleMania, and lack the finances necessary to pay for travel costs for somewhere like Phoenix, Houston, or Orlando. I would be open to seeing it somewhere like Yankee Stadium, especially as a big time Yankees fan, but I'm not sure if that would be logistically possible due to the weather concerns. So MSG might be the best bet, and while I don't really care about the tradition of Mania being there that much, it's certainly a great venue and I would sure as hell be ordering my tickets as soon as the clock hits 10 AM on that Saturday morning.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back