Women's title and Tag Team titles only on RAW?!

"But what about the rest of the SmackDown’s title picture? Certainly those with a thirst for gold can seek the Intercontinental Championship. The Miz is still in possession of the title,in spite of a less than definitive double-disqualification at WWE Battleground. With Darren Young on Raw, it will be interesting to see who takes his place as the No. 1 contender. Moreover, seeing as how Raw is in the midst of creating a WWE Universal Championship to offset the void created in the absence of the WWE Title, couldn’t SmackDown Live conceivably create addition titles as well — for the good of say their many talented tag teams and elite Women’s division? With Daniel Bryan and Shane McMahon, anything is possible."

This is a quote for the preview of tonight Smackdown. The text mentions that SD could create new belts for the women and tag teams of Smackdown.. So.. Could it be that the WWE Tag Team Championship and the Women's Championship will be RAW-exclusive?!

I really thought WWE had no place for additional titles and seeing that Smackdown got a very little number of women and tag teams, it's possible that Smackdown will be left only with two titles, WWE Championship and IC Championship, while RAW might have five! Universal Championship, US, Women's, Tag Team and a possible Cruiserweight Championship.

Christ, I keep forgetting Smackdown's on tonight. I'm probably going to end up missing it when I forget again 2 hours from now.

Anyway, on topic... It seems like WWE's trying really hard to make Smackdown and Raw feel like two completely different products, and in that light, it makes sense for Smackdown to create separate titles for their Women's and Tag divisions. They were really putting over the "ratings war" angle last night on Raw and if Smackdown wants to come close to hanging with the flagship, they need more than two titles. They also need their Tag Teams and Women to mean something, so I personally think we're going to get some new title announcements tonight.

I'd be kind of disappointed if we didn't.

Smackdown doesn't really have all that many teams and women for two new divisions.

Imagine WrestleMania with 8 belts plus the CC belt = 9
9 championships floating around in the WWE?

Smackdown doesn't really have all that many teams and women for two new divisions.

Imagine WrestleMania with 8 belts plus the CC belt = 9
9 championships floating around in the WWE?

True, but there are ways around that. The most obvious being not having every title defended at the inter-promotional PPV's. Fact is, if WWE is serious about portraying Smackdown as equal to Raw, they need to give the competitors the same opportunities. If they're serious about the brands being separate entities, they need to treat them as such. That means tag team and women's championships for their women and tag team competitors. They will always be able to bring in new faces to spruce up the divisions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back