Would You Prefer Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns As A Tag Team?

Ambrose & Reigns Together

• Yes - There's Great Potential For Them As A Team

• No - I'd Rather See Them As Singles Wrestlers

• Not Sure - Both Sides Have Potential Positives & Negatives

• Don't Really Care

Results are only viewable after voting.

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
There's tons of speculation going on right now as to whether or not Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXXI. Several reports over the past month or so have alleged that there are real doubts among some top company officials and among the wrestlers themselves as to Roman Reigns being ready for the spot. A report from Tuesday afternoon alleges that the locker room and officials are divided between Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. Some talent & officials view Reigns as the future, even the next John Cena, while other talent & officials don't think Reigns is ready and that Bryan's the superior and more popular talent.

Regardless of these reports, I think it's fair to say that a pretty significant consensus on these forums believe that Roman Reigns isn't ready. He's not particularly strong on the mic and usually isn't all that strong in long singles matches. Compared to former Shield members Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, Reigns is much weaker in terms of promo ability, in-ring ability and sustaining a rapport with the audience. On Raw, we saw the brush off of the Ambrose vs. Wyatt feud with Wyatt winning due, at least partially, to reports of WWE wanting to keep him strong if The Undertaker feels up to wrestling him at WrestleMania XXXI. As a result, there doesn't seem to be anything immediately looming on the horizon for Ambrose. So, IF Reigns ultimately isn't picked to win the Royal Rumble and face the WWE WHC for WrestleMania, would you be interested in seeing Ambrose & Reigns reuniting as a tag team?

I know it's probably a long shot, but Ambrose & Reigns would bring immediate weight to the tag team division, we know they work well together and both bring different tools to the picture. If they were added to the tag ranks, the tag team scene would look like this:

The Usos
Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns
Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
The Ascension
The Miz & Damien Mizdow
Goldust & Stardust
The New Day
Los Matadores

All things considered, it'd be a pretty decent tag team scene. It still is, just needs some more emphasis placed on it.

On the other hand, I suppose an argument could be made that putting Reigns & Ambrose together as a tag team might not help Reigns progress in his abilities. One reason why Reigns looked so good as a member of The Shield was because of how good Rollins & Ambrose were. Reigns did a good job as the mostly silent powerhouse of the group, but the powerhouse of a faction is a role that's significantly more limited.

So, whatcha think? Would Reigns & Ambrose teaming back up be something you might be interested in?

No. It would do more harm to both men and I'm one of the guys claiming he isn't ready. If they worked as a tag team- full time- this early in their solo careers, it would be telling the audience that their solo careers have failed. Ambrose just needs a meaningful win. Reigns needs a meaningful feud.

Reigns isn't ready, but he is improving...at least in the ring. My issue with his initial WHC contendership was that the majority of his matches building to it were tag team matches. He needs to prove himself as a solo act. So a tag team would be a step back right now.

No. It would do more harm to both men and I'm one of the guys claiming he isn't ready. If they worked as a tag team- full time- this early in their solo careers, it would be telling the audience that their solo careers have failed. Ambrose just needs a meaningful win. Reigns needs a meaningful feud.

Reigns isn't ready, but he is improving...at least in the ring. My issue with his initial WHC contendership was that the majority of his matches building to it were tag team matches. He needs to prove himself as a solo act. So a tag team would be a step back right now.

This.

Not for nothing did Vince name them as amongst a select group 'grabbing' for the imaginary 'brass ring' and I think putting them in an obvious reverse gear towards competing in the tag division would be akin to saying they both have failed as Singles which couldn't be further from the truth.

Ambrose was red hot when he was in a compelling feud with Rollins, and it is no wonder that his feud with Bray Wyatt tanked from the beginning given how it was started. The fact that it made no progress has seen Ambrose cool off a bit, but I feel that was the WWE's intention all along for whatever reason.

As for Reigns, I have seen improvement since he returned, but feuding with Big Slow won't get him big time momentum and that has been the case throughout his singles run, where he has faced 3 Established but very stale veterans in Orton(who he had a good match with at SummerSlam), Kane and now, Big Slow.

As MartialHorror above said, Ambrose needs a meaningful win in terms of a feud, and Reigns needs a compelling feud to elevate himself to the kind of overness level he was when he started off as a Singles guy, also, losing the cheesy Superman stuff would also be a good thing as well... leave him as a BadAss, that suits him just fine,lMO.

I wasn't a fan of the Shield breakup because I think it was rushed and felt forced. Rollins has been successful since leaving and has arguably been the top heel in the company since then but Reigns clearly isn't ready yet and I don't know whether they want us to even take Ambrose seriously, with all of the losses he has sustained. In hindsight, Ambrose and Reigns should have stayed together as the Shield for a few more months after Rollins left.

However, I'm not sure how they can be put together as a tag team again. The tag team division is considered to be of a lower level and they are not really feuding with anyone in that division now. If they can somehow pull it off without making it look like a step down, I think it would help both men because a) it would hide Reigns' weaknesses and give him more time to get better and b) it would give something meaningful for Ambrose to do.

Not a chance. Ambrose and Reigns are on their way to stardom. They need to remain in singles action. Back when The Shield initially split, having Ambrose and Reigns team up for a bit would have been cool and I would have been all for the idea. That cannot be said for them today. I've really enjoyed their individual developments in the past year, and want to see said developments continue. Having them team up now would un-do the momentum they both currently have as singles wrestlers. It is an idea that could be considered for later down the line after both have been in the main event tier for a bit.

That would be a stupid idea. Why have the 2 most promising singles stars of the future on the babyface side get into a tag team that too JUST before Wrestlemania? Both have been involved in separate, interesting feuds designed to build them up on their own. Putting them in a tag team out of the blue would lack sense. Ambrose is over on his own right now despite the fact that he has not won a single feud since the Shield broke up and Reigns is, well, the heir apparent so it seems. WWE has seemingly been in a need to find its next BIG face of the company and putting the 2 of the contenders for that 'spot' would not do any benefit to either.

And on top of that they were in a team for over a year till fairly recently. It would feel like a rehash and a step backwards after all that WWE has done to get them over on their own. Let them keep doing their own thing and become big stars.

We should actually be speculating when these 2 might end up facing each other in a match. Remember how Reigns and Ambrose were originally having problems with each other before the Shield break-up. The showdown would be amazing. Perhaps even a 3-way feud among the former Shield members? (which will definitely happen some point in the future) Now THAT would be interesting.

I am on the fence here. I don't really hate the idea, but I am not particularly fond of it either. I really like Dean Ambrose as a singles star and this reunions that they get sometimes, seem to have a more powerful meaning, mainly because they are now their own entities. However both Ambrose and Reigns are in weak rivalries that nobody's really invested in, because, nobody seems to gain anything from it - so making them return as a team, is as good as anything else really.

Unless they gather to battle a big main event tag match, such as Triple H and Seth Rollins vs. Ambrose and Reigns, I don't see the appeal of making them return to feud with people like Stardust and Goldust or Miz and Mizdow, nor even The Ascension for that matter. I think that they spent way too much time on these two to just give up on them and make them a team again. Simply put, evolve Ambrose and Reigns character alone instead of giving them lame ass feuds with lame ass content and lame ass finishes and there's no need for them to become "THAT" stale and return to the tag division.

No. I prefer tag teams for three types of wrestlers- those that are born to be tag team wrestlers and won't get far otherwise (Jimmy & Jey, Primo & Epico), those whose singles career isn't going anywhere (heel Ryback, Axel, Cesaro), and those that are excellent tag team wrestlers (Shelley, Sabin, Mysterio, RVD).
Roman Reigns and Dean Ambrose do not fall in any of the above categories. They have established themselves as singles stars with distinct gimmicks that the fans have totally bought, and can be brought into the world title picture any time of the year with only a month of build up. Furthermore, as a two-man tag team, I don't think they will be able to replicate many of the unique traits that The Shield had, and this move will only be a downgrade for them... Speaking of which, they are also above the tag team titles. These two main eventers (that don't have any rivalry between them unlike Cena-HBK) should neither compete for a mid card title, nor compete with mid card talents.

If we're talking in terms of putting them together in a full-time tag-team partnership, then no. They've made the call to break up The Shield, and they're all doing their thing as single stars now. Ambrose has his own thing going, as does Reigns. They're both destined for stardom, whether it's liked or not.

BUT, as a Shield mark, it actually annoyed me a little that Ambrose and Reigns didn't team up much during the immediate aftermath of Rollins turning on them. I would like them to team up every so often, as they've both laid down promos in the past telling us they're still boys/best friends (kayfabe), and if anything, it'll rekindle some nice memories. WWE have a thing for pointless tag-team main events for RAW, so I'm down for seeing Ambrose and Reigns do some work together against the heels. Doesn't need to be every week as suggested in the opening post, but yeah, put them together for a Smackdown tag-team match or something. I'd enjoy seeing them together again on occasion.

There's tons of speculation going on right now as to whether or not Roman Reigns wins the Royal Rumble and challenges Brock Lesnar for the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXXI. Several reports over the past month or so have alleged that there are real doubts among some top company officials and among the wrestlers themselves as to Roman Reigns being ready for the spot. A report from Tuesday afternoon alleges that the locker room and officials are divided between Roman Reigns and Daniel Bryan. Some talent & officials view Reigns as the future, even the next John Cena, while other talent & officials don't think Reigns is ready and that Bryan's the superior and more popular talent.

Regardless of these reports, I think it's fair to say that a pretty significant consensus on these forums believe that Roman Reigns isn't ready. He's not particularly strong on the mic and usually isn't all that strong in long singles matches. Compared to former Shield members Seth Rollins and Dean Ambrose, Reigns is much weaker in terms of promo ability, in-ring ability and sustaining a rapport with the audience. On Raw, we saw the brush off of the Ambrose vs. Wyatt feud with Wyatt winning due, at least partially, to reports of WWE wanting to keep him strong if The Undertaker feels up to wrestling him at WrestleMania XXXI. As a result, there doesn't seem to be anything immediately looming on the horizon for Ambrose. So, IF Reigns ultimately isn't picked to win the Royal Rumble and face the WWE WHC for WrestleMania, would you be interested in seeing Ambrose & Reigns reuniting as a tag team?

I know it's probably a long shot, but Ambrose & Reigns would bring immediate weight to the tag team division, we know they work well together and both bring different tools to the picture. If they were added to the tag ranks, the tag team scene would look like this:

The Usos
Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns
Cesaro & Tyson Kidd
The Ascension
The Miz & Damien Mizdow
Goldust & Stardust
The New Day
Los Matadores

All things considered, it'd be a pretty decent tag team scene. It still is, just needs some more emphasis placed on it.

On the other hand, I suppose an argument could be made that putting Reigns & Ambrose together as a tag team might not help Reigns progress in his abilities. One reason why Reigns looked so good as a member of The Shield was because of how good Rollins & Ambrose were. Reigns did a good job as the mostly silent powerhouse of the group, but the powerhouse of a faction is a role that's significantly more limited.

So, whatcha think? Would Reigns & Ambrose teaming back up be something you might be interested in?

Good topic! I wouldn't want to see Ambrose and Reigns in the tag division. They're bigger than the tag division after being together as part of The Shield for most of their WWE career, it would be a step backwards in their development as individual characters.

I wouldn't mind seeing them both chase mid card titles at WrestleMania - Rusev vs. Reigns for the US title, Ambrose vs. BNB for the IC title would be nice.

Then none of you want don't want them together had better watch SD tonight. They made a pretty damm good tag team together.

I wouldn't like it on a full time basis, they are set to be singles stars, but tonight when Reigns needed a partner, Ambrose was the logical choice. They work well together and you can tell there is chemistry there. It's too bad really, they would set the tag team division on fire if they did team up permanently, but I don't see it happening. Just once in awhile.

Then none of you want don't want them together had better watch SD tonight. They made a pretty damm good tag team together.

I wouldn't like it on a full time basis, they are set to be singles stars, but tonight when Reigns needed a partner, Ambrose was the logical choice. They work well together and you can tell there is chemistry there. It's too bad really, they would set the tag team division on fire if they did team up permanently, but I don't see it happening. Just once in awhile.

Hopefully, this "reunion" won't just be an afterthought, as from Bray Wyatt's promo, it seems Ambrose is now free to move on from that feud. Hopefully we see Reigns and Ambrose vs the Authority again as it should have been a few months ago.

Why WWE never really embraced the fact that the 2 were still very much 'brothers' is beyond me, as it would have enhanced their singles stories alot without making them a full time tag team.

Hopefully, this "reunion" won't just be an afterthought, as from Bray Wyatt's promo, it seems Ambrose is now free to move on from that feud. Hopefully we see Reigns and Ambrose vs the Authority again as it should have been a few months ago.

Why WWE never really embraced the fact that the 2 were still very much 'brothers' is beyond me, as it would have enhanced their singles stories alot without making them a full time tag team.

I think that's what the announcers were hinting at. They kept saying that now they will suffer the same fate as the others did. I can't see everyone getting fired, but Reigns and Ambrose have just put themselves right in the Authority's way and I hope they stay there.

That means we'll see them fighting together again, as the Authority likes to put on tag matches that they think will benefit them.

It will certainly butch up the tag division,help reigns get some face reaction and protect him till he's ready or till rocky comes back to put him over.But i think dean will be better off. He's probably on his way to the top of company unless of course vince thinks otherwise.The loss from putting them together seems like more than the gains.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back