Wrestlemania 31 Location Announced

The Brain

King Of The Ring
According to the main page WrestleMania 31 is going to take place at Levi’s Stadium in Santa Clara California just south of San Francisco. Levi’s Stadium is going to be the new home of the San Francisco 49ers and has not even opened yet. I think this is pretty cool. The stadium will we brand new so I’m sure it’s going to look awesome. The capacity will be up to 75,000 for football so 80,000 to 85,000 can be expected for wrestling. The weather won’t be as much of a risk as places like Miami and New Jersey. Even though the event will technically be in Santa Clara I’m sure WWE will market it with a San Francisco theme which could be pretty cool. Any thoughts on the WM31 location?

I'm from the Bay Area, and this right here is great news for me and the Bay people! It's very exciting that the WWE is having the biggest PPV of the year not to far from where I live. And it's a good change of pace to have a big WWE PPV in California outside of L.A./Hollywood. This is something that I personally never saw coming. But I'm glad that it's finally happening :) And I hope to go to my first Wrestlemania, right in my backyard that is the Bay Area.

The countdown has begun!

Just a small observation, but it seems like Vince is making a habit of doing things before the NFL and in new stadiums

He put Wrestlemania 29 in MetLife Stadium a year before the Superbowl, now he's putting 31 in Levi's stadium a year before the NFL put's the Superbowl there.

Judging by that (and seeing as they'd be 'new stadiums'), I'd imagine that Wrestlemania in 2017 will be in Minnesota as they are in the running for the Superbowl in 2018

I would rather it have been in Jerryworld in Dallas but i guess with it being in NO this year dallas would of been too close to where it was this year.

Actually the 49ers start playing there next season so it will already have been in use. But the stadium looks awesome. I live near it and it's been a while since I drove by it last but it looked really cool. Really easily accessible by train because there's a stop right in front of it. The convention center is across the street so that'll probably be where axxess will be and the shark tank is a short drive or train ride away for hall of fame and probably raw. It's gonna be perfect. I'm sort of guessing the marketing will be more to do with Silicon Valley than San Francisco because it's right in the center of the valley but San Francisco is like 40 miles away. But again it's really easy to get to so anyone planning to travel here should for sure check it out. San Jose is a great city too. I go every year so this is great cause it'll save a lot of money and also I can go to more of the weekend stuff than I usually do like ROH and axxess. I can't wait. If they open the conference Tuesday to the public I'm seriously thinking of skipping work to go.

I'm fine with this. They haven't had a WM in the west since 26 in Phoenix so it's time to go out there again. It's a big city with a massive stadium so why not go out there instead? It'll be a fin show and for once it might even be warm. Nothing wrong with this pick.

Im from phoenix some I super excited. I missed WM26 because I was overseas in the military at the time but I was able to attend WM28 in Miami so WM31 will be my second Mania ive been to live. The weather was great at WM28 it will probably the same at WM31. Good location, now we just need some good matches. Also, I wonder what this means for the summerslam location. It would seem odd to give CA both of the big ones.

I think it's great! I'm from LA & I've been very fortunate to attend the last 5 Summerslams at Staples Center & I think it's time for WWE to bring that PPV to some other venues. & getting The Grandaddy of 'Em All in a great new venue not that far away is awesome! All I can hope for is that WWE puts on an awesome card that year & I can't wait to see what new rising stars of today will become big time players by then.

I'm going. I too have attended WWE at the Staples Center dating back to Unforgiven 2002. Judgment Day 2004, WrestleMania 21, RAW the night after, SmackDown two weeks before Eddie died, RAW and SmackDown in October 2006, No Way Out 2007, etc. I wouldn't say not too far away, since it's like a 5 or so hour drive. Besides, it's the last time we'll see Lesnar in WWE unless he yet again resigns.

In this least hopefully this means Summerslam will finally be moved away from LA.

I think its nice it'll be in that new stadium, as I'm sure its going to look great on tv, been a long time coming for WWE to have a big outdoor WM in California dating back to 1991 when they tried for the Coliseum.

Only thing I dislike, is how news like this is broke. Why cant we find out on tv, or have it built up, maybe have to wait until WM30 before we know for sure, remember those days?

One thing I do like is how WWE has big plans for its WrestleMania though 30, 31, and 32 and shows no signs of slowing down. Looks as if the WWE is only going to be getting bigger!

Should look pretty sweet. Big new stadium, outdoors in California. It's exciting. Jerryworld will be soon I bet. Too bad they had schedule conflicts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back