• Seth Rollins

• Daniel Bryan

• Nobody

• Dolph Ziggler

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

That N Word

Actively evolving
According to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, WWE will likely reach out to any legends who are still capable of performing in the ring to play some role in next year’s show. The Rock was originally penciled in to face Lesnar in last month's event in the main event, but there was talk of doing it at WrestleMania 32. But Lesnar isn't the only name I heard brought up to face Rock. There is also Triple H.

The Wrestling Observer Newsletter is reporting early Wrestlemania 32 plans for The Rock could see him returning to face Triple H, along with Stephanie McMahon versus Ronda Rousey.

The Rousey match all hinges on UFC allowing it to happen, but WWE has quietly been planting the seeds for Rock versus HHH for awhile. The Smackdown backstage angle between the two was aired with the idea they would face each other at a future Wrestlemania, with both hinting what would happen if they fought ‘one more time.’

As far as Rousey facing Stephanie, UFC agreeing to allow Rousey’s involvement is a hurdle, but WWE still laid the groundwork for the feud. Wrestlemania 31’s in-ring promo and confrontation was the first angle to build to a possible match between the two. It was previously reported that if Rousey were to return for another angle, it would likely be at the WWE Hell In A Cell pay-per-view, which takes place on October 25th at the Staples Center in Los Angeles.

Rousey didn’t use her ‘signature’ armbar submission on Stephanie at this year’s Wrestlemania because WWE reportedly wants that spot to be the ‘highlight’ moment of Wrestlemania 32.

Other names I've heard brought up include Roman Reigns,Randy Orton,John Cena, and Daniel Bryan.

My question to you is who will he face??? and who should he face???

Who will he face??? I say "Nobody" again, I think he will get WWE's hopes up just to backout at the last minute and get payed for just appearing for the third year in a row. Who should he face??? I'd say Randy Orton. He is the only one Rock never had a singles match with out of all the names that could make sense.

Imagine, everyone thinks Randy is remaining good for the rest of his career and BOOM!!! The Rock comes out to announce his retirement as aprt of some "Rocky Appreciation Night" saying "I've beaten everyone there is to beat..." Randy's voice is heard through the arena and it say's "except me." Randy's music plays and he sneaks up and RKO's and punt Rock turning heel again. These two already shown in one segment in 2004 they have amazing chemistry for a feud and match up. The match won't draw as much, but if Rock returns I don't think he should just be thrown in the main event either unless it's his final match. Bryan won't work because Rock would get booed, and Wyatt burial part III (No!) , Roman will either face Cena or Rollins and Ambrose next year....so out of top stars Rock has never faced Orton is the only one who could draw a lick of shit.

The thing about The Rock is that he could face pretty much anyone and I'd be even a little interested.

Rock/Cena would be massive and I like the idea of a definite winner but I'm not really desperate to see it. Maybe at a Summerslam or something. It is too soon for Reigns although that match should happen. Right now, it would make more sense to team them up but not at 32. Orton would be fine but it isn't unmissable. It would definitely be of high quality but Rock v Orton isn't as big as the other options.

Lesnar and HHH/Steph are the best two options. Lesnar v Rock would be a big marquee match and would be entertaining. Rock/Heyman would be wonderful dynamic and I would love to see the physicality or lack-of.

HHH/Steph v Rock/Rousey would be an incredible attraction. Rock v Triple H was a great feud and I'm sure they could still deliver some magic. Add the Rousey element and it is a winner.

Brock and HHH/Steph are the definite stand-out options. Cena or Orton would be fine. Rollins could work too.

Rock facing either Triple H or Brock Lesnar in the main event of WM32 would be utterly horrific, and would crystallize the creative demise of WWE. Seriously, by next year Rock/Trips on PPV will be 19 years old, while Rock/Brock will be 14. Sure, either will draw money, but this "win now" strategy is really going to bite WWE in the ass when the old-timers can't go anymore. They have literally no full-time main event stars except John Cena. Why not put Rock against a well-promoted full-timer who will be able to go on and become a top draw?

The WWF was at its peak of popularity in the Attitude Era. They didn't need to call on the stars of yesteryear back then, and they wouldn't now if people were actually allowed to become popular.

Rock vs brock is the money match. I would be fine with hhh vs rock, but I think Vince will go all in putting the biggest match to sell out dallas. Orton vs rock is huge but I don't thinks it's enough to be THE main event.

Brock vs rock
Sting vs taker
Hhh vs batista, if possible
Cena vs reigns

Thats my top 4 match

I personally like the ideas of either match with brock or triple h, but the obvious money Match is brock/Rock II although I would probably prefer triple h/Rock for nostalgia purposes. Rock/cena III would be huge as it was previously mentioned, it may not be the biggst draw as most people will be bored with it but I would definitely enjoy the match.

Michaels or Stone Cold would be ideal but both are incredibly unrealistic. A Cena rubber match could work but the build was never that great the first two times and I don't know what they would do to spice things up with the exception of a Cena heel turn. Same with Rock facing a face Reigns. HHH or Brock vs Rock don't do anything for me. It might be fantastic if Vin Diesel learned to wrestle. Rollins followed by Rusev seem to be the most intriguing.

But I imagine Rock will choose to fight HHH. It is familiar and safe.

Michaels or Stone Cold would be ideal but both are incredibly unrealistic. A Cena rubber match could work but the build was never that great the first two times and I don't know what they would do to spice things up with the exception of a Cena heel turn. Same with Rock facing a face Reigns. HHH or Brock vs Rock don't do anything for me. It might be fantastic if Vin Diesel learned to wrestle. Rollins followed by Rusev seem to be the most intriguing.

But I imagine Rock will choose to fight HHH. It is familiar and safe.

Wow imagine HBK vs The Rock? That'd be something I think Shawn would come back for, especially in Texas in a dream match. Perfect way to end his career . Prob would have to give the win to him tho and that'd make it kinda predictable so maybe it isn't the best option after all lol. I'd still be pumped for it tho!

I think HHH makes the most sense after HBK tho...they've done way too much building it up over the past 6 months. I fear it may be Rock's last match if it is Hunter tho. It'd be the perfect opponent for him to beat and walk away from in ring action. Nothing left to do afterwards. Maybe even a retirement match for HHH too as the same applies...they've done it all with everyone there is to do it with.

Personally i would like to see Rock Vs Roman with Roman being the heel, attacking his cousin saying the spotlight always has to be on him and his giant ego, It was his time to shine at the Rumble and the Rock "stole" the limelight, and he "stole it" with Ronda at Mania and now its his time to truly shine by kicking his ass at Wrestlemania, something along those lines. basically a typical sibling/team rivalry.

However im pretty sure Rock vs HHH is penciled in because in the backstage segment for smackdown they mentioned facing each other at Mania multiple times in the "future", if that doesnt make it obvious to me that its happening at WM 32 then nothing is obvious.

Rock/Cena III? That doesn't sound like a great idea. I understand the idea that the score is now set at 1-1 but surely that means an obvious win for Cena in the last one. They'd have to do something to build up the match much differently than the first 2.

The mixed tag team match against HHH/Steph sounds like the best idea for business. It would also be a fun match on the Mania card too. It would protect Rousey and UFC just in case a Steph/Rousey match doesn't go so well.

A Rock/Brock match? Didn't Brock destroy Rock the first time they met? And the crowd cheered for Brock that day too.

Stick with the mixed tag match.

If they were go ahead with the Roman Reigns heel turn, having Rock vs. Reigns is definitely the best option. Reigns should put big show out for good, then take his place as Triple H's enforcer in the Authority. Have the Rock confront the Authority and Reigns attack him to set up the match. Triple H says that he will be in Roman's corner at WrestleMania so the Rock says he has someone to be in his corner, someone fitting given that WrestleMania will be in Texas. Obviously, the Rock brings out Stone Cold to be in his corner and you've got a huge WrestleMania match.

I don't think you should do Rock vs. Brock because I think you need those guys to go up against full-time wrestlers. Lesnar should chase the Title and finally get his hands on Rollins at WrestleMania, because Rollins has really established himself as a top heel and Lesnar is the most over babyface they have now. I'd have Lesnar return for SummerSLam to get his rematch with Rollins, then get screwed out of the Title by Reigns who now works for the Authority. Lesnar vs. Reigns can happen at Survivor Series, leading into Lesnar entering the Rumble where he absolutely cleans house on everyone to earn the Title shot at Mania. I'd probably have Lesnar vs. Rollins take place in a Cell so Rollins has no where left to run. He would be locked in a cage with the beast and I think that's the perfect way to build the match. It's a classic angle really.

So here's your WrestleMania...

Brock Lesnar vs. Seth Rollins in a Hell In A Cell Match for the WWE World Title
Roman Reigns w/Triple H vs. The Rock w/Stone Cold Steve Austin

I'd say Triple H. He's the biggest heel in the business. They've been building up HHH/Rock for a while, could draw former WWE fans who hadn't watched WWE in a while. The Rock is bigger than the WWE WHC title so I don't see him facing Rollins.

I can't see him facing Brock since they're both faces and Brock is too unsafe for The Rock.

I'm surprised Rusev didn't make the list, given his previous interaction with Rock. I seriously doubt it happens, as Rock is going over whoever his opponent is.

The Rock/Rousey v Triple H/Steph dream match would be absolutely insane in the best possible way. WWE needs to take their exact booking of Rousey from beginning to Mania to UFC in their negotiations. Rousey never sells for Steph. The sooner they can lock this down the better, as they can start to shoot promos of Steph undergoing "MMA training" or something the like. Triple H selling for Rousey is too good to pass up, and the cross promotion does nothing but good for companies.

UFC and WWE aren't competitors. The have PPV on different nights of the week, and if you think WWE's scripted outcomes lower the entertainment value of the product, you're missing out. It does nothing but good for UFC sharing Rousey and nothing but good for WWE in putting UFC over. Some UFC fans signing up for the Network and some WWE fans buying the next Rousey fight on PPV is just money for everyone, but it call comes down to how Rousey is booked.

I have nightmare of Hogan in Leno's arm bar. Rousey should beat Steph in half the amount of time Ronda beat her last UFC opponent. Rock and Triple H start off the match, they go for quite a while. Tease some tags, Rock plays face in peril, hot tag to Rousey who dispatches Triple H. Crowd comes unglued as Steph and Rousey are finally in the ring alone. Somebody (DX?) interferes after Rousey is about to beat Steph, Rock and Ronda overcome, Rousey slams Triple H, double Peoples Elbow, Bob's your uncle, everyone goes home with sacks of money with dollar signs.

If they can't get Rousey in the ring than my pick is Triple H. These two never faced at Mania one on one despite being rivals for years. Maybe Rousey can be involved, if not in the match. I'd rather see Brock starting to put people over, as protecting him forever isn't doing any of regular roster any favours.

I want to see him take on Seth Rollins a lot of guys want to see him with Reigns, Triple H, or Lesnar and of those three I'd pick Triple H mostly because of their history but two part timers going one on one isn't exactly forward thinking. Lesnar/Rock really has no history and Reigns/Rock needs to have an angle that will make the match up compelling but I can't see it plus Rock will eat Reigns alive in promos. Unless Reigns turns heel Rock out performing Reigns will have the crowd turn againts Reigns even more.

I'd say the best choice is a classic Heel vs. Face, Rollins vs. Rock. Rock will still be better at promos but I can see Rollins hold out on his own. Plus if Rollins goes over it makes him a top heel in the company something the WWE needs right now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back