WWE Evolution: Feedback

Psykohurricane55

Staff member
Here some stuff that I realize watching last night evolution Ppv

1. WWE really shouldn't be mixing the main rosters stuff with the network stuff on the card anymore: Last night was a perfect example of how many casual fans watch NXT and the MYC. For every main roster matches, the crowd was on fire but when thoses matches happened, almost no reaction from the crowd. Don't know why the sudden swift from the crowd but when a battle royal is more over then a NXT title match, you might ask yourself what you can do to get casual fans to watch NXT or other wwe programming on the network.

2. The bella's prove all their detractors wrong by delivering a great match. This is for all thoses who say the bellas aren't over anymore or aren't great wrestlers. Just go watch this match again. This was a really great main event with 2 super over performers in Ronda and Nikki. They delivered a better match then they had any right to do and prove why they continue using the bellas in main event positions.

3. Charlotte was Becky was the match of the night: my only problem I had with this match was how they were determine to put charlotte over in the Supergirl position which I hate. The right women won the match but if you wanted to created a polarizing wrestler in the women division, you accomplish your goal with Charlotte tonight because they put her in the John cena/Roman reigns position tonight and it will turn off some fans in the long run.

4.great use of the legends: I feel they use the legends correctly tonight, lita and Trish weren't great in the opener and the rest of the legends did what they needed to do in the battle royal. In the end great use of the legends overall.

5. Love the live event atmosphere of the show. Tonight they went with a barebones production instead of the normal tv production they usually do and it made the event feel different. Using normal barricade and house light was a good way to create a better atmosphere.

6. Too many video packages. For everybody that will bitch about the propaganda they will do at crown jewel, I feel like they did the same thing here with the women's division. I get this was a special night but I didn't need to get hit over the head with it. From the kickoff which was all about making sure you knew that this was a special night to the multiple video packages. This was propaganda as it's best but this time for the women's division.

7. The final shoot of the show. I get this was a special night for the women's but the one thing I hate more then anything is when they get out of characters so that they can all pose together in the end. You just watch superstars beat the hell out of each other's and now they are buddy buddy with each other just because it was a special night so for the women's division. That make no sense. In my book.

8. Finally, and that a small thing. I was glad they went with putting Michael Cole as a play by play guy instead of trying to go full on with the women gimmick and using women's on the announce team. No offense to Renee young but I feel she couldn't have been able to make Beth and whoever they had in mind for the third person on the team enjoyable. Young is a tremendous in the booth but Beth was really horrible last night. Cole made sure to keep the show running and entertaining throughout while young was entertaining as his color commentator.

All in all, really strong show, some matches didn't get the crowd reaction I was expecting but for the most part, it was a better show then I expected and congrats to wwe for pulling it off.

My interest in the show dropped a bit when Alexa wasn't able to compete. It ended up exceeding expectations and I enjoyed seeing history be made with WWE's first major PPV where all of the matches featured only female competitors. Here are some of my thoughts.

Alicia Fox & Mickie James VS Lita & Trish Stratus
Good choice for an opener. When getting past the obvious disappointment that Alexa didn't get to participate in the ring here, it was a good match. I really liked seeing the two best female legends in WWE teaming up. Alicia's involvement was minimal which was for the best. Hoping to still see Alexa VS Trish another time. Maybe even at Wrestlemania?

Women's Battle Royal
The ending ruined this one for me. Nia's awful. The thing when she and Tamina were staring at each other sucked. I've got zero interest in either one of them. Ember should have won this and they would have given her a big moment the way the match went had she gone on to win it. Nia was one of the worst options. If not Ember then Asuka, or heck even the Iconics. I will say this, the moment where the modern competitors circled around the divas and legends was cool.

Io Shirai VS Toni Storm [Mae Young Classic Final]
I've seen some of Toni's work in the UK Shows so I was already a fan of her's going into the match. It was the first time I had ever seen Io so she impressed me. I wasn't interested in the tournament and this match did nothing to change that. What it did generate interest in for me was seeing where they both go from here. Hoping to see them spend time in NXT for a while and maybe even face each other again. This was the second best match of the night.

Bayley & Sasha Banks & Natalya VS The Riott Squad
Nothing out of the ordinary here. A decently fun tag team match. I would have been fine with either side winning.

Kairi Sane VS Shayna Baszler [NXT Women's Championship]
I had mixed feelings about this one. What did giving Shayna back the NXT Women's Championship accomplish? She's ready for the main roster and there's nothing else left for her to do in NXT. The addition of two of the other MMA Horsewomen as her underlings could make for an interesting story for now. Still, her promotion to Raw or Smackdown has to be coming soon. On a related note, who can possibly dethrone her? It's NXT so I'm confident they'll figure it out and it will be good.

Becky Lynch VS Charlotte [Last Woman Standing Match for the Smackdown Women's Championship]
OH MY GOODNESS!!!! What a match!!!! This might be the best women's wrestling match I have ever seen. They both did such a fantastic job with the great spots in the match, the use of the weapons, and the story that was told. Becky winning was 100% the right call. She NEEDED this win and that made it all the better. Not only is it the match of the night, but it's also a match of the year contender. Loved every minute of it.

Ronda Rousey VS Nikki Bella [Raw Women's Championship]
I remember thinking to myself as soon as Becky VS Charlotte ended.... "How in the WORLD do Ronda and Nikki follow that!?". This match was a joke. It's no secret that I can't stand the Bellas. They are actresses who are bottom tier when it comes to in-ring skills. Nikki had no chance here and it's impossible to think otherwise. Even with Brie interfering for her. Thank goodness it's over with and we got the only result that would have been acceptable. Becky and Charlotte should have main evented, although I understand the decision to have this go on last. It was better than expected. Just never let Nikki anywhere near a title again.

Overall Thoughts
The show did exceed expectations. I'm also genuinely happy that the division has improved so much from the garbage we used to see, to having a show like this. Definitely check out the Last Woman Standing match if you missed it. If you're an older fan then you may want to see the first two matches also since you'll see some familiar faces. You're truly not missing much with the rest, yet it's a fun show overall so give the full show a watch if you have the time. I doubt the men are able to top this with Crown Jewel, we shall see.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back