WWE Going More "Meta" - I Like It

Pro wrestling still thinks it's immune to the rules of entertainment.

Rule #1: Your secrets get exposed regardless of who you are so you might as well embrace it. Wrestling needs to stop pretending that fans don't know all this stuff already. Kayfabe is dead. Nobody who doesn't know the insider stuff cares anyway.

Pro wrestling still thinks it's immune to the rules of entertainment.

Rule #1: Your secrets get exposed regardless of who you are so you might as well embrace it. Wrestling needs to stop pretending that fans don't know all this stuff already. Kayfabe is dead. Nobody who doesn't know the insider stuff cares anyway.

Agreed. Breaking kayfabe was a natural evolution of the business. Using terms like heel or face or getting over or whatever doesn't hurt the business. It evolve the business to something different. If it works it'll make WWE money. If it doesn't work, they'll lose money and go down another path.

It's like the internet and social media. If social media hurt pro wrestlers' careers they wouldn't use it. However, guys like Ryder have embraced it and made it work for them in a big way. Same thing Ziggler's doing with this "heel" business.

If Ziggler's using kayfabe makes him cool in some peoples eyes, great for him. If it rankles internet marks...that's great too. He IS a heel and we ARE talking about him right? Mission accomplished.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of WWE breaking kayfabe. It'd be like your favorite movie or sitcom breaking the fourth wall. It's hard to suspend disbelief and really get into something, when we're being reminded that it isn't real.

Save all of the back stage gossip for the websites and news letters, and give me engrossing storylines on TV instead.

I agree, breaking kayfabe is just a cheap and easy thing to do. You dont even have to be a good mic worker and some fans will still eat it up. Give me guys that can stay in character and still have interesting feuds.

I think Ziggler having "heel" on the back of his trunks is stupid. It's just a lame attempt of trying to appeal to smarks. He should have "showoff" written on his trunks.

I didn't like a lot of the things Punk was doing. The stuff he was saying during the contract signing with Miz and Del Rio, and when he was knocking Del Rio promo's... I just didn't find that entertaining at all.

I did not mind CM Punk's shoot promo but with the T-Shirts (Thank God They Were Pulled) I feel like it was a little much. The WWE can try to be more real because people say that they used to love wrestling but don't because it's "fake" so the WWE can try to become more real but not by breaking Kayfabe. Vince is really losing it that's why I'm glad that HHH will take over one day.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back