WWE New York, Round 3, Match 1: #4 Mick Foley vs. #13. Rick Rude

Foley vs. Rude

• ManJackLove

• Simply Ravishing

Results are only viewable after voting.

Shocky

Kissin Babies and Huggin Fat Girlz
The following match takes place in the WWE Region, under Basic WWE Rules, from Long Island, NY.

#4. Mick Foley.
MickFoley.JPG

vs.

#13. Ravishing Rick Rude
rick_rude.jpg

Rude was a great character, but I can't picture him beating Foley. Foley would get the hell beaten out of him for the majority of this, but he's more than experienced enough to take such punishment. See, Foley has wrestled the best and has occasionally won. He's beaten guys like Taker and Rock, while Rude has one big win over teh Warrior. While that was built as a huge match, it's just one win for the IC title. Rude is certainly a Hall of Fame level talent, but he's just edged out here by a double arm DDT followed by the sock.

I'm pretty much with KB. Rude was a great character and was pretty decent in the ring. Rude's two biggest accomplishments were probably beating Warrior at WMV and beating Sting for the WCW United States Heavyweight Championship, in which he had a reign of 378 days, which I think is still the second longest single reign in the title's history. Foley has been beaten to Hell and gone over the course of his career and, quite honestly, I think he's just too tough for Rude to keep down. Rude's Rude Awakening, AKA reverse neckbreaker, was his biggest gun and it's not nearly got enough bang behind it to keep Foley down.

goodness. toughie. Rude was never even close to the type of superstar Foley was, but Rude is JUST the kind of guy that Foley would spend 2 or 3 months getting the shit kicked out of him by. Hmmmmmm. And this is a regular rules match?

Eh, have to go with pedigree. A multi time champ at one of the biggest boom periods ever. Against someone who wasss...not. Foley.

I'm taking Rude. Rick Rude simply knew how to win. He beat Sting in his prime, Warrior in his prime, and can take a helluva lot of punishment himself.

Foley is known as the glorified stuntman and can take any kind of punishment. But he can also be beaten. A Rude Awakening can subdue anyone, even Foley. Regular rules means a DQ if Foley manages a shot with a chair or thumbtacks.

I take Rick Rude in the WWE environment.

Foley lacks killer instinct. I came to this conclusion when I had a look at how many matches he dominated yet still lost. Rude doesn't have that problem.

Where are we supposed to vote for this? About a week ago there were polls on the main forum of the tournament and those matches got moved to the threads of the regions they were in but they're closed now. Where am I supposed to vote? Sorry for my ignorance, but I know my wrestling and want to get in on this.

The first 48 hours of each thread is for discussion, to try and rally support for your side. After the first two days, then the polls open up and are moved into the main section. They stay open for 3 days and are closed, and moved back into their sub-foru.

So if you have something to say, say it now before people begin to vote.

I'd say Rude, I like Foley but this isn't an extreme rules match, nad his famous moments are him getting the crap beaten out of him. More people remember the Undertaker kicking his ass than his title reign. If anything Foley woul take some kind of ******ed risk and Rude would be resourceful enough to capitalsie on that.

I'm really not very sure on this one. Rude was pretty good, but never really won the big one, whereas Foley did, but spent huge swathes of his career getting his arse kicked. I'm going with Rude, because he would have been World Champion, had NWA not taken their ball home, and as a heel would have been far better suited to winning a first time match up, than Cinderella story Foley, but I could be convinced to go the other way I think.

I am going to vote for Foley, but if i can be convinced by someone to vote for Rick Rude, i just might.

Mick Foley was able to capture the companies top belt not once, but on 3 occasions. Something that unfortunately Rick Rude didn't do.

Also, I think Foley should win here because he can take in a lot of punishment, but that can also work against him here. He may be able to take in a lot of punishment, but can he also deal it? I say he can but not in this match because it is not a specialty match.

He is going to get dominated for most of it. But Foley can be smart and will do something to get Rick Rude distracted or take him down and pull out Good ol' Mr.Socko and lock in the mandible claw.

So, for now my vote is on Foley, but i can easily be swayed into voting for Rick if someone can put up a good argument on why he should win.

No weapons, means Foley loses agaisnt a guy like Rude. Maybe in the ECW region Foley would win, but her. Nah. As Jake said, Foley could carry a match, dominate it, and still lose. Rude, would capitalize on others mistakes, and Foley sure did make a lot of mistakes back in his day. Rude ftw here.

I'm going with Rude. The guy was just slick, methodical and lethal. Foley is exactly the opposite and without an extreme enviroment, Rude would just dissect him in the same way Orton does these days.

I voted for Foley over DiBiase because DiBiase is too young, and hasn't had a prime. I voted for Rikidozan over Foley, because Foley sucks as a wrestler.

So, I'm voting Rude over Foley. This isn't a hardcore match, and Rude holds too many advantages over Mick. He's stronger, faster, and more technically sound. He'll keep Foley moving, and will put him to sleep for the win.

I'm gonna have to vote for Rude. He does have the killer instinct that Foley lacks. Foley will be too busy getting the shit beat out of him or talking to Socko and Rude will be able to sneak in at the oppurtune moment and win the match with a Rude Awakening.

The fact that this poll is tied is an absolute travesty to wrestling. On what basis can you vote Rude ahead of Foley?

On the kayfabe side, Foley is a multi-time World Champion, who has beaten some of the greatest in the business. On the non-kayfabe side, Foley is one of the best in-ring psychologists in the history of the business. Rick Rude, while underrated by some, is overrated by many in the IWC. After all, there IS a reason why he was NEVER given a chance with a World title.

Foley is the better wrestling, both in real and in storylines.

I've based my whole vote on the premise that Cactus Jack is the one stepping in the ring with rude, guy just doesn't give a fuck, rules or none, he'll do what he needs to to get the win.

if it was Mankind/Dude Love I'd be more meh

This is a tough one. Rude is great and had an awesome character, plus he has the advantage of having Heenan in his corner. But I still think Foley would find a way to win in his home state. Going with the Mickster.

Rick Rude in WCW was even more impressive than he was in WWF. He essentially carried the promotion for a while, made Sting look like a fool on a regular basis, and was in line for a title run before his back injury. I love Mick Foley, but he rarely beat the big name guys, he was a low end main eventer, wheras Rude as always at his best against the big names like Warrior and Sting, where he was expected to be destroyed. I vote Rude in this one.

I tend to believe that Rude's WCW run was better then his WWE run. In my opinion, he won a world title in WCW before it became the undisputed championship. He had moderate success in WCW on a higher level then he ever achieved in the WWF. I really enjoy Rick Rude, but always thought the world of Mick Foley. It's a shame one has to lose, but I'm going witht he 3 faces.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back