WWE Raw LD 6/27/11 - Raw roulette edition featuring Cm Punk snow angels!

God damn right!!!!

Let's see, if I drive 20 hours straight, only stopping for gas, sell my plasma for the next couple weeks, I should have just enough for gas and a ticket.

Unrelated note could I crash on your couch? A floor will work as well.

Let's see, if I drive 20 hours straight, only stopping for gas, sell my plasma for the next couple weeks, I should have just enough for gas and a ticket.

Unrelated note could I crash on your couch? A floor will work as well.

Of course, homie.

Ouch. Umm...alright keep an ear for October or November, I think generally that's the time frame for ROH coming back after August.

Ouch. Umm...alright keep an ear for October or November, I think generally that's the time frame for ROH coming back after August.

Deal, I can take enough computer repair work in that time frame to properly save up for a trip.

This show didn't have much outside of Punk and Mark Henry. The tag match was decent.

Sin Cara and Evan Bourne did absolutely nothing for me.
(turn on the lights, goddamnit)

The story, as told by WWE, was, "We fucked up, here's what you wanted." At least that's what I got from it.

Yeah, but I was thinking more of match story if you catch my drift Sugarloaf.

I was expecting to at least get the traditional face vs. face handshake, but it didn't happen. They did have that weird stand-off outside the ring but I don't see how that connected to the match or the context other than to say 'Oh look at that WWE Universe, see how cool and evenly matched we are?"

It was like that video game with awesome gameplay, but you wish the characters had motives and feelings and stuff. I felt like a lot of the time, Sin Cara was just kind of, doing cool stuff, and Bourne was responding as best he could. Yeah it all went pretty smoothly apart from the finish, but I felt there wasn't much substance. Even in 5 minutes you have enough time to get some emotion into a match.

Decent show. Punk was awesome and the tag match was really good, other than I thought it was gash. I also wish Sign Guy didn't post as much.

For the 3'rd Raw in the row John Cena didn't cut a promo, although this week it was a little hard to see where you could squeeze in a Cena promo

Maybe he has said to Creative/Vince that he wants to give up his air-time for the younger stars, and if so then fair play to the lad

For a themed Raw, this was pretty good. I like how Mark Henry is being booked for now, though I know that could end at any moment. The tag match was very solid and I'm getting higher and higher on Riley each week (not a Jeff Hardy type high though if you catch my drift). Still, the obvious jaw-dropping moment was the end and before I get to my usual Raw column, I had to do an article solely on that promo and moment.

Punk's Epic Promo Thoughts

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back