WWE Talent Recruiting ROH Tag Team?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to the WON, there are a couple of WWE talents, who's names aren't mentioned of course, currently trying to convince ROH stars Kyle O'Reilly and Bobby Fish, better known as "reDRagon", to WWE as NXT is looking to load up on talent to do more touring next year. There may be at least some truth to the report and/or possibility of it happening as contract negotiations between ROH and reDRagon have recently stalled.

O'Reilly and Fish have been among wrestling's hottest tag teams for the better part of 3 years; they've been ROH World Tag Team Champions on 3 occasions and are currently on their 2nd run as IWGP Junior Heavyweight Tag Team Champions. One potential problem for the team, however, is that Bobby Fish turned 39 in early October and while they're a talented team, Fish's age would most likely preclude him from being a major player for the long run. True, Fish isn't as old as Bubba Ray or D-Von Dudley but, then again, Fish hasn't been part of a tag team that's won two dozen tag team championships in nearly 20 years.

They might also be trying to get more talent in NXT so they can move some up to the main roster to fill in some gaps left by injuries.

The tag team division is the only one in the WWE that hasn't been hit with injuries as bad as the main roster though, and I hope that if they do manage to land them, they don't break them up. That's something I can see happening.

Also what do you do with these guys when all the injured people come back. Would hate to see them shuffled around and moved back down the card, which would most likely happen.

Furthermore, can they even handle WWE's schedule? Could they handle the pay cut they are going to be taking? NXT is not going to pay them what they are getting doing what they are doing now. This will not end well for them if they take the plunge.

ReDragon would be awesome in WWE, not NXT. If they're going to bring in remarkable talent, at least give them a friggin shot on the main roster. I can see them floating around NXT if they were to sign and that's not what ReDragon should be doing. These guys are head and shoulders (in my opinion) the best tag team in the world other than The Young Bucks (who I admittedly, can't stand).

Also, it would really suck to see their tag team wrestling dumbed down to WWE's style. Tag teams in WWE don't really work as tag teams, and if you watch these guys you know what I mean by that.

If they were to sign, I'd like to see them rampage through NXT (if they have to) and come to the main roster as an immediate threat. If not, I'm happy watching them on the indie circuit. WWE may not see it, but these guys have enormous drawing potential.

I like their ROH and NJPW work and would rather see them stay in ROH. Going to WWE means Vince will have you sign away control of your names and then he's going to make you into something else in NXT and then squash you. ReDragon wrestles a quicker style than most WWE teams to the would have to be dumbed down to fit in.

First this is leverage trying to get the same deal as the young bucks signed with ROH. Second what good would it do redragon to come to the WWE. O'rielly has so much he hasn't done as a singles star in ROH and in New Japan it would be stupid for him to sign with WWE/NXT. He can resign with ROH eventually become champ there (the ROH title is one of the most respected championships in the world) Still do PWG and NeW Japan. Make more money than he would if he signed with the E. He would be able to make a name for himself without Fish.
Thirdly with WWE mishandling of talent and lack of creative direction for their talent especially little guys he would reach the IC title at best. He would be a mid carder. The WWE shits on mid carders and throws them away. So basically work your ass off just so I can send your midget ass packing one day. After you job to some lame ex college football player who's cousin is the is a hall of famer. Who has the look. Or sit in NXT bust your ass and don't get paid shit and eventually ask for your realease. Unless the WWE does a complete 180 of how they have been thinking for the past twenty years then basically it's a waist of time.
Fourth as a tag team they will get broken up eventually because Orielly is young and that damn good in the ring. Bobby fish is the promo guy and he is old. They will brake up and Orielly will be jobbing like Cesaro.
For guys like Elgin (body type) Lethal (in ring, gimmick, promo) Dijack (size) Moose(size) they will get chewed up and spit out by the WWE machine. If you want proof see- Solomon Crowe, Mystico, Cesaro, the Lucha Dragons,etc. Either you will leave or they will job you to make THEIR guys look good.
I just don't se a jump to WWE/NXT benifiting them in any fashion.
Lastly why can Vince leave ROH alone. Dude is a couture vulture. ROH has been putting on epic PPV for years now. They have been putting out the best talent in the world. Rollins, DB,Punk,Owens, Samoa Joe, Sami Zayn, Cesaro. Why can't he just be happy with the crap he puts Roman Reigns and the Baron Corbin's of the world. They fit the crap they put on RAW. The fluff they call sport entertainment.

I am 50-50 on it...... On one side, it would be interesting to see such an awesome tag team in WWE.... On ther other side, i totally trust Vince that He will ruin them with stale booking....
:shrug:

reDRagon in NXT would be awesome. With all the recent call-ups, NXT seems to be in need of talent, so it's the perfect time for this to happen.

The only problem would be WWE's booking. I could see reDRagon jobbing to New Day or the Dudleyz before disappearing for a while, like a lot of tag teams do.

However, I said this about Rollins, Zayn, Bryan, Owens, and more indy talents coming into WWE, and they have had success, so reDRagon deserves a chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back