WWE's Hardest Worker

timmy872

Pre-Show Stalwart
So here's a question..

Who Is WWE's Hardest Worker?

I'm not talking about who is the best wrestler.
Who had the most respect before they joined wwe.
Of course you can include: ring announcers, announcers but stick to on screen talent.

The obvious answer is Vince McMahon. But lets answer it in terms of employee's.

My thoughts are;
-John Cena: People seem to babble on about how he is the hardest worker.
- The Undertaker: Been around for over 20 years.
- Triple H: Kissing ass and stealing daughters.
- Matt Hardy: Stuck with WWE through thick and thin.
- Good Ol' JR Jim Ross: The voice of WWE for years.
- Stone Cold Steve Austin: Supposedly the greatest WWE Superstar of all time.
- Hulk Hogan
- Bret Hart
- Shawn Michaels

Who do you think?

I think it would have to be john cena, what a work horse...look at the time during promoting wrestlemania and promoting 12 rounds. going to leno then also doing a segment for raw. and this guy doesnt even take a break.

Without a doubt, imo, Cena. And that's why I went from being on the "Hate-Cena Bandwagon" in 06' to the "Wow, this guy works really hard and he really loves the business. I love him!" bandwagon. Yeah, he's not the most technical in the ring..but in the end, being "technical" in the ring isn't the only thing a real "worker" should have. And I believe Cena's got eveything else, and that's why he's a star. That's why he's THE star.

cena he as did it all. hhh he would only be it if mcmahon got to choose. hbk he is my 3rd fav of all time. jr as called almost every raw mcmahon made a mistake since he is now kissing:ass:and wont put jr on raw

i reckon kane, he has had like 6 months off in 12 years! he works his ass off to be a jobber. cena works hard but he hasn't been in the WWE as long as kane.

No doubt, Cena. Like one of the posters above, I wasn't a huge Cena fan a couple of years ago after held the title for over a year. But after seeing how committed and passionate he is for this business, I look at Cena differently. Cena isn't my favorite wrestler, but he works his tail off to entertain the fans and to promote the WWE and for that, he has earned my respect.

I have to say that it would be between Cena and Kane. First off Cena was working his ass off by promoting Wrestlemania and 12 Rounds. He went to Leno and the segment on RAW. He was on RAW and went to Smackdown during the World Heavyweight Title contract signing between Edge and Big Show.

Then with Kane he has been all over the WWE Universe, going from RAW to ECW to Smackdown then back to RAW. He has been in many feuds and has jobbed his ass off. He deserves another push in my opinion. But those are my two people who I would say are the hardest wrokers.

I Think It's Chris Jericho, Ever Since He Returned In 2OO7 He Hasn't Even Took A Day Off From WWE, Plus He Carried The Whole Company In 2OO8 When MOst Of The Main Eventers Were Injured..SO I Think JEricho Is The Hardest Worker In The WWE

Although ena is a Workhorse, who juggles between Acting and Wrestling and certainly Loves the Business. But consider someone like Undertaker, ,who has been with WWE for 20 years, has stuck with them through thick and thin, never once given hint of leaving to go to another promotion.

Another to be considered is Kane, who has been with WWE for about 15 years. He has, onyl had time off once, which I believe was for injury, but how often has Kane not been in Work...never to my knowledge, only the aformentioned reason.

I noticed how you mentioned Matt as being there through thick and thin, but remember he wasnt with them for a brief period from after the Kane/Lita angle leading into the Edge Lita/Kane angle, dont get me wrong I'm not saying hes not a hard worker because he is, but your description of him needs to be altered slightly.

Ironic though cos I'd class him as a hell of a worker. The guy despite what he went through with Lita made a great comeback, apart from his apendectamy and knee troubles he's always been there, wrestled on every brand within the past year.

CM Punk would be another choice, since he joined WWE in '06 the guy has done nothing but impress me. He to has wrestled everywhere, his title reign was short lived but he had an incredible run, he had a great ECW reign, IC Title I feel could have been longer same goes for the tag titles, but hes incredibly popular, hes straightedge so it benefits everyone so he doesnt get suspended, although I'm not saying those who arent S.E. do take drugs, I'm not S.E. but I've never took drugs, and incredibly rare when I do drink. Vince benefits from this because hes popular with the younger audience aswell as the teen to adulthood fanbase.

Cena. Do I even need to describe his work? He balances working on films with wrestling, during his time hes suffered 2 injuries and came back way ahead of schedule, he has a music career but no one has heard anything from it since his debut album, he cares for the business he puts everything he has and more into it, yeah he gets boos but he doesnt care he goes out and does his job, to wrestle and to entertain, guess when Rock left Vince wanted someone to step up to the plate and Cena must've been the one who he had the upmost faith in.

Undertaker-2 decades of destruction, 17-0 at WrestleMania, 6 world titles, most of which were won at 'Mania, rumble winner. This man is WWE, without him WWE wouldnt be what it is today. Hes not afraid to put younger talent over when needed.

So to sum it all up, my top two picks go to Cena and 'Taker

this may come as a suprise but its got to be kane this guy is the definition of workhorse. 15 years of work for the same company with one break and even then he was making the wwe money by staring in see no evil. hes been in 11 consecutive royal rumble and never won one and is a jobber to a 5 foot fuck in mysterio i wont get to carried away but i think you catch my drift give kane a push. there im done.

I think Punk's hard work gets underrated because of the little time he's been in the WWE. Since being called up though, he's been in an increasingly impressive number of PR appearances. He's not at Cena's level of hard work, but Punk works for his bacon. The man is probably more likely to be on call for such appearances than people like Hunter and Shawn as the guys in the good ole boys club have enough pull to take time off with their families.

you all bring cena up for being hard working but for the money hes being paid and the bonuses he get damn right he should work hard for it.

Cena does Make A Wish and other functions with sick children outside of his requirements for the WWE. His hard work isn't all about what he's being paid. The guy is a great human being, a class act, and a guy who goes above and beyond. Money isn't always an object of hard work.

Cena does Make A Wish and other functions with sick children outside of his requirements for the WWE. His hard work isn't all about what he's being paid. The guy is a great human being, a class act, and a guy who goes above and beyond. Money isn't always an object of hard work.
amen brother. its cena hands down. taker and kane are just as important to mention, but to the one who said jericho, sorry but he took off like four years. and to say he carried the company for any amount of time? your gonna pull a muscle if you keep reaching that far.

Are any of you guys even watching the WWE? The Undertaker is the obvious choice. He's been around the company, kicking ass, doesn't cause trouble (outside of the ring), doesn't take roids. The guy is a legend, and my second favorite wrestler (after Eddie Guererro.) You guys need to get off Cena's dick. HBK would be my second choice. The guy is a phenomenal wrestler. Nobody can touch him when it comes to the mic or the mat.

Cena isn't a great wrestler, but has great mic skills. Too bad he can't put that energy in the ring.

Yeah but I was asking the question in terms of devotion to the business, this is not supposed to be about wrestling skills, mic skills or popularity.
John Cena is the most obvious choice, besides of corse Vincent Kennedy McMahon.
The Undertaker is definitly a business devotee, but he doesn't put in as much extra time as Cena does, now that is probably in part because of his characters in WWE. But on the face of things I would have to go with John Cena at the moment.

Are any of you guys even watching the WWE?
Yes.

The Undertaker is the obvious choice.

Why? He is on a light schedule

He's been around the company, kicking ass, doesn't cause trouble (outside of the ring), doesn't take roids.

All of this is true, But it doesn't mean he's hard working. Just means he's not a pain in the ass.

The guy is a legend.

Agreed.

You guys need to get off Cena's dick.

LOL, He is the hardest worker, The only time he has been off is when he was injured, Otherwise he has been making people look good.

HBK would be my second choice. The guy is a phenomenal wrestler.

He's good, But not the best.

Nobody can touch him when it comes to the mic or the mat.

Triple H, Kurt Angle?

Cena isn't a great wrestler, but has great mic skills. Too bad he can't put that energy in the ring.

He is a good all round wrestler, But he knows how to structure a match, It's why you see his signature moves week in week out, It gets the crowd pumped. HBK uses an atomic drop, A flying forearm, An elbow drop, The kip up, Etc, Etc, But because he sometimes wrestles differently everyone doesn't see it.

People say to get off Cena's dick but honestly how could you not include him in this discussion. The man is obviously a work horse otherwise he wouldnt be mentioned in nearly every post thus far. I would also have to agree with Cena.

Yes, Kane and Taker are hard loyal workers but they don't do the media stuff and Taker has a much lighter schedule than Cena and Kane (as much as i hate it) is jobbing where as Cena is almost always in big match's.

There are guys like Punk and Matt Hardy who are also hard workers but again, they are not main eventing or being the face of the company. HHH is another guy you could legitimatly put in this group but he also get's things his way backstage for obvious reasons.

JR, he is another work-a-holic. Constant travelling and helping with other roles (not just announcing). He has been with the company a VERY long time and has never swayed his loyalty to WWE.

My choice would have to be Cena, not the biggest fan of his gimmick/character but it is undeniable that the man himself is the hardest worker in the WWE at this point.

I think no one truly knows. We can only judge by what we see. I have heard that Triple H helped salvage a Big Show/Mayweather match. How much do some of these guys spend in the ring getting better? How much do some of these guys spend in the weight-room or watching film? How many just go off of natural ability or just take bumps?

Judging by what I see, I would agree Cena. But I also have to ask how much Triple H is trying to learn backstage. How many of the jobbers like Noble are working with guys on their in-ring skills?

CM Punk and Cena without a doubt. Cena is everywhere, bouncing from filming movies to coming back to the WWE, plus numerous other show appearances like the Tonight Show. Punk on the other hand, dude has to wrestle damn near every night. Hell, he just wrestled at Raw, Superstars, Smackdown and Backlash in this past week alone, not to mention all of the other House Shows that they did on the European tour. Cena gets his nights off, including house shows and TV, when he's off doing everything, but Punk? The more he starts doing for WWE on the PR side, he's still not taking time off from being in the middle of the ring either.

John Cena is my pick, Edge too. Edge has been wrestling for years and only taken time off when necessary, i.e: broken neck and various other injuries.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back