Status
Not open for further replies.

Cena's Little Helper

Mid-Card Championship Winner
00's Region - 2nd Round - The Office (UK) vs The King of Queens

the_office_uk_television.jpg

VS

king-queens26.jpg

Note: Although The King of Queens began airing in 1998, we have included it in this tournament’s 00’s region.

Really easy choice here. As I said in the last round, I'm not a huge fan of King of Queens. Sure, it's sorta funny, but it just seems like such a cookie cutter sitcom. I always got it confused with "Yes, Dear" and some other shows. Not memorable at all.

The Office is brilliant. Ricky Gervais is one of the only funny people in the UK (along with Jake and Sam) and while it's much different that the US Office that I love so much, it's still an awesome show that shouldn't be losing here.

I tried watching The Office when it debuted on Adult Swim; I couldn't do it. I found it too boring and dull, I actually spent more time reading than I did watching the TV.

I find most of the non animated programs on Adult Swim to be rather boring, and the Office is no exception.

The King of Queens was a decent program that offered a few laughs here and there, though nothing extraordinary. I really only watched for Leah Remini and the occasional Nicole Sullivan appearance.

King of Queens gets the vote

I am going to vote for the Office. King of Queens is really similar to a lot of shows and especially Everybody Loves Raymond. However, I did like it and thought it showed some flashes of being a decent show. The urge to watch it though, was never very strong for me and that is one of the things that The Office has over it. Personally, I think that whilst The Office may not be everyone's cup of tea, it is a brilliant show, only made better by Ricky Gervais. I definitely think it should be winning here but King Of Queens is prtty good too so I have no qualms about it.

King of Queens epitomises everything that is wrong with American comedy. It is artificial, souless and completely unfunny. There is no development of anything whatsoever and it is crap. It is designed for people to watch for half an hour and feel nothing as a result. You don't need to laugh at comedy because the laughter track does it for you. The Office on the other hand is a fine example of how a comedy can be thoughtful, realistic and be able to invoke a reaction from the audience without telling them when they need to laugh.

Reactions: gd
Easy choice here, The Office. It is funny, it spawned an American version that itself was incredible, and although it only was on the air for 2 years, its still raved about. King of Queens never really caught me as a member, it had no relate-able characters, and I really feel that Doug's character is a fantasy, no one nails that someone that hot at that weight level.

King of Queens epitomises everything that is wrong with American comedy. It is artificial, souless and completely unfunny. There is no development of anything whatsoever and it is crap. It is designed for people to watch for half an hour and feel nothing as a result. You don't need to laugh at comedy because the laughter track does it for you. The Office on the other hand is a fine example of how a comedy can be thoughtful, realistic and be able to invoke a reaction from the audience without telling them when they need to laugh.

Pretty sure you just described Friends, not the King of Queens. King of Queens isn't THAT bad Tasty. It has Patton Oswalt who is one of the funniest comedians in the world today.

But seriously, how in the fuck is The Office losing to the King of Queens people? Seriously? The UK Office is absolutely brilliant from start to finish. I may prefer the American version but the original has it's own distinct merits, much moreso than the King of Queens.

Come on people, vote for the Office here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back