10 Year Anniversary of TNA

wrestlingfan

Championship Contender
What should TNA do next year for their 10 year anniversary? After all 10 years is a long time for company that started out as an indie promotion and only got lucky enough to the number 2 brand because of cetain investors (Dixie Carter), and could've end up in the spot ROH is, currently

At TNA’s Ten Year anniversary, I would love for them to go all out. I’m talking about King Of The Mountain match, Lethal Lockdown match, Ultimate X match, Feast of Fired match, that weird looking red dome with the hole on the top match, all of the TNA “Original” match stipulations should be brought out for this one night. Some matches I want to see:

The First NWA-TNA Champion, Ken Shamrock vs. the First TNA Champion, Kurt Angle
The First NWA-TNA X-Division Champion, A. J. Styles vs. the First TNA X-Division Champion, Chris Sabin
The First NWA-TNA Tag Team Champions, A.J. Styles and Jerry Lynn vs. the First TNA Tag Team Champions, Team 3D

I’d also like to see Jeff Jarrett be the first to be inducted into the TNA / Impact Wrestling Hall Of Fame.

I’d like to see Immortal, Fortune, Main Event Mafia, and World Elite battle it out throughout the card. Okay, maybe one step too far...get rid of Immortal first.

Personally I think that in December TNA should celebrate 5 years since they were last relevant.

I see them staging a show in which they bring back a lot of stars that were with the company in 2002. A terrible idea and one that I would be very surprised if TNA didn't employ.

Basically all they can do is try and stage the best wrestling show possible. They can't hire a massive arena as they won't sell out, so visually it won't look that impressive. So what they need to do is book most of the matches for months on end and don't have any stupid finishes. This should should be the culmination of 6 months worth of storylines.

But this is TNA, they'll have a reverse battle royal. You know they will. Gots to get Shark Boy on the card.

...and could've end up in the spot ROH is, currently

In many aspects the roles should be reversed in the rankings of professional wrestling companies in North America.

It all depends, but I'd like to see something big. Someone big. TNA needs to do something to get peoples attention again - and no, they shouldn't bring in some aging star from the '80's, they should scope someone out from the indies or Mexico or Japan and bring them in on a long-term deal.

And no, it shouldn't be Bill Goldberg.

Tna won't even be around next year with ROH getting a tv deal and WWE getting a network Tna will be blown out of the water ratings will drop(if it's possible there already low enough) and they will go bankrupt

Tna won't even be around next year with ROH getting a tv deal and WWE getting a network Tna will be blown out of the water ratings will drop(if it's possible there already low enough) and they will go bankrupt

Nice prediction, too bad none of that is going to come true.

ROH has a twenty channel TV deal. They have twenty channels while TNA is on a national TV station. And how is WWE creating a network going to make TNA's ratings drop? The WWE will be keeping their shows on USA and Syfy, the network will only be availble to satellite consumers, therefore, TNA's ratings won't be affected at all.

TNA averages a 1.2 weekly. You know the difference between 1.2 and 0? If not you need to learn basic mathmatics. And TNA going bankrupt when their owner is constantly making a profit? Right, like I said, nice predictions.

I like some of the sugesstions here. Great thinking.

I always wanted to see a "Pioneer" match of sorts between Jarrett and Jerry Lynn. I think Lynn could really draw a great match out of Jarrett. These guys are seen as the ones who started their divisions in TNA and it could be a real anniversary type match.

Also I would love to see some really strong wrestling geared booking. For exampl, I've always wanted to see an Angle vs. Shelley decent length match. I think Shelley could really get taken to another level, just like Wolfe did by working with Kurt. I wish TNA would pull the trigger on Shelley as he truly is 2012 wrestler. I wish they relaised what they had in him.

And yep ultimate x and King of the Mountain would be great to celebrate TNA.

I think TNA will have Slammiversary in Nashville nest june. It will be a huge 4 hour spectacular! With TNA Rewinds and everything and wrestlers from the past coming back.

Even if its just an episode of impact, for the love of god make sure no new/current wrestlers are involved at all. Also, dont let vince russo have anything to do with it. No rvds, no hogans, no bitchoffs etc.

Let it have only originals who started the company run the asylum for one night. Let them plan it and book it. Honestly if you wernt apart of TNA during the first couple ppv years than GTFO. Give us a pure wrestling show. No bullshit storylines.

Let me have one night again where i can honestly say "THIS IS AWESOME" and "HOLY SHIT". TNA used to be about awesome talented wrestling. Every match was worth watching. I would see new moves i have never seen in my life. It was so different than WWE and thats why i loved it. Then TNA got a TV deal, hired a bunch of **** and are slowly dying.

Ill still watch it here and there, but i lost interest. Its lost its magic.

People like you need to die.

OP
I Agree with mrpops, lets have only the originals who started the company run the asylum for just one night. Thats all i ask for.

All this talk about TNA being bankrupt and not being around next year is garbage and quite frankly nobody with a half a brain believes it. They said it after year 7 that it wouldnt be around in year 8 and so on and so forth. Has no legs to stand on and anyone who says otherwise is just trying to get a rise out of us or truly are stupid. Not sure which there.

I think for Slamaversary X TNA has to do something different, they have to build feuds for a couple months, not the usual 3 weeks like the business does these days. Some great matches I can see happening are here:

Kurt Angle vs Robert Roode
Gunner vs AJ Styles
Danials vs Samoa Joe
Crimson vs Matt Morgan
James Storm vs Kaz
Ultimate X- Max Buck vs Jeremy Buck vs Brian Kendrick vs Austin Aries vs Chris Saban vs Alex Shelly vs Mystery X Competitor

These are a few matches I think would be great, sure the Ultimate X would be a train wreck but I would enjoy the crash.

a TNA Hall of Fame?? more like WWE's Reject Hall of Shame for Wellness Policy Failures and backstage **** disturbers

The 10 year anniversary of TNA doesn't have anything to do with the matches. TNA usually does a pretty good job with their in ring work. The only think that will make or break the PPV is the crowd. I'm not talking about how they react or what they chant, I'm talking about the numbers.

Next year TNA will have been the number two wrestling company in the western world for 10 years. They have a good roster, and apparently a very loyal fanbase. However, they always come off as worse than second rate do to the fact that they almost never have more than 900 fans at Impact and PPV's. It's embarassing. I have no doubt that TNA will hold Slamaversary outside of the Impact Zone, but they might be shooting themselves in the foot.

TNA usually has Lockdown and Bound for Glory outside of the Impact Zone. These shows usually have between 2500 and 4000 people at them. This simply won't cut it for the 10 year anniversery of the company. TNA has been known for calling out the WWE and Vince McMahon through cheap shots whenever they want a quick pop. The argument can be made for which company has the better in ring work, but you cant argue about the fact that Wrestlemania sells out 60,000+ seats in minutes. Hell, on a bad night a Smackdown taping will have 8-10 thousand people at it. Impact usually has about a quarter of the views that Raw has. Raw is around a 4 while TNA is around 1.3. If Wrestlermania can sell 60,000 seats, than the biggest show in the history of TNA should have at least 12,000 fans at it just by the statistics.

IF TNA'S 10TH ANNIVERSARY SHOW CAN'T DRAWN AT LEAST 8,000 FANS, IT WILL LOOK LIKE A TOTAL FAILURE.

I dont know if any of you know this but Apparently there are Plans to have the Asylum Demolished :-(
But if its still intact then Hell Yeah going back to the Asylum would be Awesome!

I dont think the 10th Anniversary of TNA should focus on bringing back alot of old stars from the past. That is what HardCORE Justice and Desitnation X have been doing, TNA do not need another nostalgia show.

They need to focus on the future and how to increase their success. This PPV should be the blow off of all their major feuds, with a new World Heavyweight champion crowned who can lead TNA into the next year. 50 year old Sting is not that man, sadly.

I would like to see little clips of "great TNA moments from the past 10 years" and maybe a few backstage promos/skits with old TNA stars, but that should not be the theme of the show

It shouldn't be all about looking back, it needs to be about looking forwards, with a nod of the head to where they have come from. Nostalgia will only get you so far, and with TNA programming full of it right now (Sting, Bisch, Hogan etc) they need to look modern, fresh and focused as they move into their 2nd decade.

However, if a new BIG star is signing, this PPV is the place for them to debut.

TNA's Slammiversary 2012 should be... An average PPV. Crazy, right? So it's their first decade. That's cool. But that doesn't mean they have to go all out with a massive party for their age. They've done that with every accomplishment. Impact 200, Impact HD, Live Impact, Jan 4th, etc. They celebrate every single breakthrough. That's cool, but most of the time, I prefer a regular broadcast with regular wrestling. Maybe a major main event like AJ Styles vs Kurt Angle or such. But no real reason to make a fuss about it with balloons and bringing old talent back and stuff. They're kinda doing that with Destination X now.

I think that TNA/Impact Wrestling should try to put on their biggest show ever for their 10 year anniversary. It would need to focus HEAVILY on putting over the stars of tomorrow. There is nothing wrong with bringing in familiar faces from the past for cameos or even for a match, but the future will not matter if they focus too much on the PREVIOUS ten years. The goal should be for them to still be around for the 20th anniversary, and onward. So I would suggest putting together a card on par with Bound For Glory, with all of their future stars getting put over in great matches. The following years would then be about the new stars, not about people past their prime. I doubt this will end up happening, we will probably get Hogan VS Jarrett or something. We can hope though. TNA is the #2 federation at the moment, but they need to aim for becoming the best they can be, rather than trying to just get by with complicated storylines. Make the fans WANT to buy every single PPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back