10 Years Since

TDFG

Championship Contender
Nexus debuted on RAW in "that" segment where they destroyed anything and everything and anyone who was at ringside.

Looking back now, do you think WWE dropped the ball with Nexus and the opportunity to cement new main-event talent or do you think they ran their course and the storyline paid off.

Should they have went over at SummerSlam?

Should Tarver, Otunga etc done more with the opportunity?

Discuss.

I think the faction was done after the first segment mostly because Daniel Bryan was out of the segment and he was really to only stand out star with Wade Barrett in that group. Without Bryan it was just a bunch of lower card guys that were part of a group.

I think, that if everything would have go as planned and Bryan is still with the group by summerslam then, yes, they should have went over because they the group had legs if it stay the 8 of them, but since they use Bryan's return in that match, you needed to get Bryan's over more then the rest of those guys. Again, the only guy in the group that had star powers were Bryan and Barett.

As far as the rest of them, i'm surprise the Tarver wasn't release earlier then he did because he was really a horrible performer, Young had the look but not the charisma. Slater was always going to be a comedy job guy and got a good run out of it. Gabriel, good wrestler but too small for the time, Skip sheffield got a good run as Ryback afterward and should have gotten a main event run but WWE screw up his push. Otunga was Otunga. Again good talker but just run of the meal worker. He never would have been a big deal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back