2008-09 NFL Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well that time of year to do our revised picks so here goes nothing.

Here are my top standings and explanations why and those missing out on the party.
1. Tennessee Titans: it is a really good thing that they lost because now they can finally focus on getting to the Super Bowl. They can possibly go 15-1 this year. The Titans are a great team and have the fundamentals of a true Super Bowl team. They remind me of the old New England Patriots (who also are reminding me these days of the old Patriots) before the assinine arrogance team took over. They play like a team with no clear superstars.
2. New York Jets: Brett Farve's leadership has helped but the Jets have improved mainly because of two things; confidence and defense. They have confidence now that they can beat anyone and a defense to match it after beating the Titans. Say what you will about their defense collapsing against New England but other than that, they have played superbly.
3. Pittsburgh Steelers: They would be Number 2 if they enjoyed playing at home more often. They have 2 of their losses there against the Giants and Colts, both Manning led teams. If they want to have a first round bye, they have to win the important home games especially their date thats coming against Dallas. Plus, they play at New England next week. That is always tough.
4. Denver Broncos: The Broncos are lucky that the Chargers have decided to stop playing this season. They honestly do not deserve to win the title this year though. They have played horrendusly at home against teams like Miami and Oakland and deserved to lose hom games against New Orleans and San Diego.
5. Indianapolis Colts: The Colts would not dare miss the playoffs. They have won 4 in a row and are on a tear right now. I believe that they will capture the 5 seed and eliminate the Broncos.
6. New England Patriots: The Pats will make it back to the playoffs this year and have a date with Denver in the first round. They are playing really well right now and I have the most confidence in them this year.

Missing Out
7. baltimore Ravens: They are a good team but I cannot see New England and Indy giving up their playoff spots yet.
8. Miami Dolphins: They are also good but same with Baltimore.

First Round
-Indianapolis over Denver 31-20
-Pittsburgh over New England 16-13

Divisional Round
-New York Jets Over Pittsburgh
-Tennessee over Indy

AFC Title Game
-Tennessee over New York Jets

NFC
1. New York Giants: Clearly the best team in the NFL right now and are the team with the best shot since New England at repeating. Eli and offense compliment and ferocious defense.
2. Tampa Bay Buccaneers: The Bucs are the best team not in the NFC East right now and I can see them finishing strong. Plus they could end up breaking the curse of the NFC South.
3. Arizona Cardinals: The Cards are playing really well right now minus the loss to New York. They still have one more game with the Rams and Seahawks.
4. Minnesota Vikings: They have played really well recently and I can see the Vikings winning this division with a 10-6 record or even 9-7.
5. Atlanta Falcons: The Falcons are back in the playoffs this year it seems as they have been playing really well lately. I expect them to overtake Carolina and win the 5th spot.
6. Dallas Cowboys: The Cowboys are back baby! I see the Boys charging their way back into the playoffs this year and making a statement.

Missing Out
7. Washington Redskins: Will go on a last month slide.
8. Chicago Bears: They do have the offense to make the playoffs.
9. Carolina Panthers: Panthers deserve to be 6-5 right now after poor wins over Oakland and Detroit and showed how bad they can really be in a loss at Atlanta. They need to win convincingly or they will be known for one of the largest collapses in history.
10. New Orleans Saints: No defense means no playoffs.
11. Green Bay Packers: See Saints
12. Philadelphia Eagles: Vastly overrated and old.

First Round
-Dallas Over Arizona 27-24 in Overtime-Irony isn't it.
-Atlanta Over Minnesota 23-16

Divisional Round
-New York Giants Over Dallas 23-13
-Tampa Bay Over Atlanta 20-7

NFC Title Game
-New York Giants Over Tampa Bay 20-17

SUPER BOWL
Tennessee Titans Over New York Giants 23-16

This probably won't happen but it is what I think will.

NFC

They remind me of the old New England Patriots (who also are reminding me these days of the old Patriots) before the assinine arrogance team took over. They play like a team with no clear superstars.

What the hell are you talking about? I know you didn't just call the Patriots arrogant, because if you did, you are so incredibly wrong it's just dumbfounding. The same arrogant Patriots who Bill Belichick made wear shirts reading "Humble Pie"? The same arrogant Patriots who were the first team to ever come out as a whole team during the Super Bowl, skipping individual player introductions? If you know anything at all about the Patriots organization, you know it relies on respect and integrity. Bill Belichick absolutely demands nothing less of his players.

Look The Patriots have always been about integrity I said that. But I believe that they let the undefeated streak go to their heads. I mean look at Tom Brady, the guy dates a new supermodel every year. Im not hating on the guy, Im just stating facts. The Patriots that I know and respectare back this year with some humility. I am not a Pats fan but I was one of the few to defend them when they were accused of cheating. Look at the difference between this years Patriots team and last years and you see a difference not just in wins and losses but in team attitude...not saying its good Brady got hurt but the team needed a challange because they were getting too confortable. This years team proves that they are a good team as their losses have been to respectable teams (miami, new york jets at home, at san diego and at Indy). I wish more teams played like this when their players got hurt (cough Chargers....cough)

what does dating a supermodel have to do with egotism? Nothing, Tom Brady is a rich man, Tom Brady is a winner, Tom Brady is a good looking man too. Fuck, I'd date the man.

I hate the Patriots with a passion but I wouldn't criticize their organization. There owner is one of the most respected owners in the NFL. He helped legitimize the sport along with a few other owners. The only time in my life that I've ever hated the Patriots organization was when Bellicheck ran off the field without shaking Hands with Coughlin at the end of last years SB.

Getting back to the football aspect. The Steelers have a tough game coming up, but I have faith in them this year. Their defense is better than last, and their secondary is better than last year. Roethlisbergers is healthy and they had ten days to prepare for the game. If they win, it'll be a great win against a great offense and if they lose it'll be a loss against a better team.

But I believe that they let the undefeated streak go to their heads.

How exactly does a team let an undefeated streak go to their head when they lose 3 games later? Did I miss something in the Division and Conference rounds of the playoffs last year where they "let the streak go to their heads"? I really have no idea what you're talking about. We were beaten by a team who had the perfect gameplan to beat us, and all of the tools to do it. They weren't a better team in terms of talent, but they had the better gameplan in the Super Bowl. Show me how they "let the streak go to their heads" in a span of 3 games.

I mean look at Tom Brady, the guy dates a new supermodel every year.

Which has what to do with respect or integrity? Nothing. And he's only dated TWO super models, not one every year. And it's not like he's just out there having flings with super models so he can say "I banged a super model!". The man has a child with one of them.

Im not hating on the guy, Im just stating facts.

Really? Because it sounds like you're hating on him. And you haven't presented any "facts". Are these the facts to back up your claim that the Patriots were arrogant? That Brady dated 2 Super Models and they had a perfect regular season? You're kidding.

Look at the difference between this years Patriots team and last years and you see a difference not just in wins and losses but in team attitude...

Bullshit. Not a single thing in the team attitude has changed, not one thing. The only thing that's changed is that the team's gameplans have had to be molded around a new QB. That's it. Nothing else is different. Same attitude to being humble and a team-first mentality. Not seeing any difference in team attitude from last year, please explain.

I know you're not trying to attack the Pats Hayek, but you're reasons for why they turned "arrogant" are absolutely ridiculious and with no merit whatsoever.

Okay look, this is the last thing Im gonna say on the subject of the New England Patriots. They are a different team this year. But the thing that seperates them from most is that they have proven that they know how to win without a featured Quarterback star. That is something the San Diego Chragers, the Indianapolis Colts and Dallas Cowboys all have proven they cannot do. That is what won me back their rerspect. I was referring to their Super Bowl loss. And if you guys remember last year the Patriots were going for it on 4th and 5 when they were up by 32 points. I would call that arrogant when most teams would punt the ball. It didnt matter if they had the same coach and same players who were taught to play with class when they were scoring points even when they did not need to (game against Redskins last year and Bills as clear examples) If they were truly as prepared as they should have been, they would have won the super bowl but I believe that the undefeated streak got to their heads. Any team would let that happen to them, not just the Patriots. Just like when a team goes the whole season without losing a home game and then get beat in the playoffs as the Broncos did a few years back. They have always had my respect and I respect Tom Brady more than ever now because he is actually working towards getting back to basics. This is a different challange for him his first time being really hurt and as a sports fan and sports reporter, I look forward to seeing how he does that. XFEARBEFORE U CHANGED UR NAME....I just noticed that...

I had to add another post to discuss the recent failutres of west coast teams. Being a fan of a certain west coast team that wears red and gold, I am extremely dissapointed and tired of the same old excsue (time zone crap). When a western team goes to the east coast to play a team on the road, they should not have any problem preparing. I hjave traveled to the east coast before, it only takes me a few hours to adjust...west coast teams are 0-17 against east coast teams in east coast stadiums. Overall,. the east coast currently dominates the west with I believe only 1 loss total (New England's loss to San Diego). Thats right folks, the east coast have produced some strong teams and it appears like the Chargeers are not as good as many thought they were. Hell, if they believe that one man was the reason for their downfall, then they are not a real team. The Giants fucking lost Strahan to retirement and Osiminuyra to injury and they are 10-1. Good teams play through injury which is why you have the New England Patriots, the New York Giants, the Pittsburgh Steelers and of course the Tennessee Titans as the true great teams and I will say this right now, one of those teams will win the big game this year.

Well looks like the New England Patriots decided not to show up this week. its a shame because I really think that they could have beaten the Steelers. They certainly have the tools and talent. The weather fucked it up for both of them. The Broncos proved to everyone that the Jets could be tamed and yes I knew this from the start. The Jets offense failed to show up today and their supposed strong defense let up. I was most impressed today with Tampa Bay and how they took charage against New Orleans. The Bucs are a true talent and look to repeat in the brutal NFC South. My 49ers became the first team from the west to win a game on east coast soil though we did NOT DESERVE to win the game. The Bills just flat out suck and thats something I should have known from the beginning. The Dolphins and Patriots need to catch up to the Ravens and Colts who have not taken control of the last 2 playoff spots. Next week should bring some interesting matches: Dallas @ Pittsburgh and Tampa Bay @ Carolina. I for one cannot wait for those two games and thank God, the Chargers are pretty much done. Now people can stop expecting them to start winning. And by God, the New York Giants are ffreaking AMAZING! So much for being a fluke huh Pats fans? The Giants have proven that they can win despite
1. Losing Strahan and Osi
2. Dumbass Plaxico Buress's distractions
3. The Redskins being "Inspired" today because of Sean Taylor. (Not mocking them, Im just illustrating a point, the Taylor homicide was a horrible thing last year and hope it does not happen for a long time).

Anyways, a good NFL day, I went 10-4 today.

Well looks like the New England Patriots decided not to show up this week. its a shame because I really think that they could have beaten the Steelers.
they played the number one ranked defense in snow on a shitty field, and you still believe they should have won? Ludicrous, we forced 5 turnovers. We put the ball on the field just as many times but we recovered. We showed why we were the best Defense in football. Moss had one big play for like 25 yds. Thats more than half his receiving yards that entire game. We didn't blitz on every play like we usually do, we picked our spots and were effective, actually very effective. Sacking Cassell 3 or 4 times, and causing him to fumble on two of them. If the Steelers play like that they're basically unbeatable, unless we beat ourselves like we did against Indi, the Giants, and the Lonely Eagles.

We got a tough match up this week but with a defense like ours we should win. Especially since we are playing on our shitty field after 6 games in 7 days. Go black and gold.

The Patriots are still a good team Brian. They could have made the game closer or won it if they had altered their gameplan or changed it a little. Do not give me the "battlefield was snowy" excuse. I told you a couple days ago, there are no excuses. Okay I will give them this, the Patrios have injuries but so do the Steelers. Ben Rothlesberger is underperforming big time and Parker is not the healthiest man. Their offense has been lacking but like you said they have the number 1 defense (except when they play the Giants). Im a sports reporter in training pretty much and I can tell you when I see a matchup like New England-Pittsburgh, I expect it to be a lot better than the clusterfuck of last week's game. And for the record, the Colts beat your NUMBER 1 DEFENSE...remember? The game you convinced me to pick Pittsburgh in? And remember the loss to the Giants and the loss to the Eagles? In all of those games, your team's offense faltered and the other team's defense and offense stepped up to the plate. There is a saying: any given sunday. We got a hell of a matchup this sunday: Dallas vs Pittsburgh.

The Patriots are still a good team Brian.
they are, I never said they weren't
They could have made the game closer or won it if they had altered their gameplan or changed it a little
We scored 30 unanswered points, forced five turnovers, and you still aren't giving any credit to our defense. We countered everything their offense threw at us.

Do not give me the "battlefield was snowy" excuse. I told you a couple days ago, there are no excuses.
and yet your making excuses about their gameplan :rolleyes:
Okay I will give them this, the Patrios have injuries but so do the Steelers.
its apart of the game
Ben Rothlesberger is underperforming big time
we are 9-3. Ben's made some mistakes but our receivers aren't helping him out. We drop so many passes. Our receivers lack open field awareness. You can blame Ben all you want but our offense is under-performing as a unit. Ben is still there prolonging plays and drives with both his arms and legs.
Their offense has been lacking but like you said they have the number 1 defense (except when they play the Giants).
Our defense played shitty against the Giants? Laughable!!!! Our offense turned the ball over several times, and a safety and several sacks didnt help much either.

ELi averages 211 yds passing a game. We held them to 199.
They average 160 yds rushing a game. Defense held em to 83.
They average 29 points per game. Defense held em to 21.

We held them below their averages and our defense played bad, how?
Im a sports reporter in training pretty much and I can tell you when I see a matchup like New England-Pittsburgh, I expect it to be a lot better than the clusterfuck of last week's game.
WTF does being a sports reporter have to do with anything? I covered sports in highschool, and what i saw was total domination.
And for the record, the Colts beat your NUMBER 1 DEFENSE...remember? The game you convinced me to pick Pittsburgh in?
Who gives a shit, you can't win em all. Wayne made some great catches and once again we turned the ball over too much. 3 interceptions, and multiple dropped passes, and multiple penalties will do that. We beat ourselves.
And remember the loss to the Giants and the loss to the Eagles? In all of those games, your team's offense faltered and the other team's defense and offense stepped up to the plate.
Who gives a shit? You can't win every game. Ben was injured, our RB wasn't healthy, our offense gave up 7 sacks to the Eagles. Our defense kept us in that game, only to have our offense suck. When you lose the turnover battle you usually lose the game. Our offense was going through some troubles, and so be it. That happens. But when you have a defense like ours you're in almost every game.

BTW, our offense was decent against the Giants, but we beat ourselves with costly turnovers and penalties.

I did in fact state that the Steelers defense was number 1 but you yourself pointed out your teams own shortcomings. The Steelers have been very good on the road (sans Eagles game) and very mediocre at best at home (could have lost the home games to the Ravens and Chargers). I have always been a believer in defense teams and I did give credit to the Steelers for playing a great game defensively. I just said in my OP that the Patriots did not play the type of game they usually play...just like when there is a fight, there are two sides to every story. The Pats offensive shortcomings last sunday and the Steelers rising to the occasion probably mose because they hate the Patriots because recently the Pats have done very well against them. Now this sunday, they face a rejuvinated Dallas Cowboys team that they have not played in about 4 years so it will be a challenge stopping them especially if the recievers get open in the right spots. I never once picked on the Steelers Brian, you did. I was just giving my analysis on how bad the Patriots did this particular weekend just a week after doing very well. 9-3 is very good and thats why I put the Steelers as one of my top teams to watch for in the playoffs, if you read my entire posts instead of the sentences that you want to pick apart.

We have reached the home stretch in the season, and there is really only one clearly great team out there in the defending champion Giants. Everyone else from the Steelers to the Titans to the Bucs all seem as if they haven't proven much of anything yet. The playoff races are as tight as ever with the real eliminations not having started yet for the middle of the pack teams. Starting with this week a lot of teams will fall apart and become nothing but spoilers. Teams like Dallas and San Diego will likely be eliminated after tomorrow, which will clear up a lot of things for the rest of the field. Either way, this has been a very interesting season so far and I cna't imagine it letting up in the slightest as we round the final turn of the season.

This football season has been pretty interesting...Last year the AFC was the strong conference while this year it is the NFC. The only teams I can see being Super Bowl contenders in the AFC are Pittsburgh and Tennessee and maybe Denver if they can improve on their defense....Being a Steelers fan my biggest worry is Baltimore because we have to win tomorrow against Dallas to keep ahead of the Ravens.

In the NFC the Giants are the best team but I can't see them going to the Super Bowl...The two teams that I believe can beat them are Carolina and Minnesota...Tampa Bay is an outside possibility if they can be more consistent on offense

Concerning the Lions, I would like to see a team go 0-16 since we saw the Patriots go 16-0 last year but I don't think that's going to happen...Out of the remaining four games I would say they will beat Minnesota because they lost 12-10 in Minnesota and they have put up some points lately....If they don't win Sunday I would be scared if I were the Colts because even though they have been winning, they haven't been impressive. I can see Detroit beating them but Peyton Manning won't let that happen.

All in all, I expect the Pittsburgh Steelers and the Minnesota Vikings going to the Super Bowl with Pittsburgh winning 27-24 with Roethlisberger being the Super Bowl MVP.

Um Minnesota? Are you fucking kidding me? Sorry, no offense meant but the Minnesota Vikings have not really proved themselves outside their own division. They lost to the Bucs in a good road game, they beat the Panthers by a close margin at home (though the Panthers are not that impressive to begin with as they always try to lose games and yet have a 9-3 record). The Giants have priven themselves to be the beasts and you did not really give a reason why you think they wont make the Super Bowl. And Klunderbunker, how dare you call yourself a Cowboys fan if you believe that they will be eliminated after tomorrow? The Cowboys and the Steelers match up really well and I believe that they are more than capable of beating them. Think about it, the Steel guys have great defense, sure, an okay offense yeah but tomorrow's game will come down to who wants it more and in this case, Dallas needs it more because they have a date with the Giants next week to look forward to. The Cowboys are a different team with Romo. The Vikings have a QB who does good on some days and does horrible on others, that is not gonna get your team to the Super Bowl no matter how great Adrian Peterson is. I want to see the Vikings take care of their last 4 games before I call them a Super Bowl contender. As for the AFC, the Titans and Steelers are the teams to beat but the Titans have displayed something that the Steelers have not this season; consistency. Well, we find out who the better team is in Week 16.

Yeah Minnesota is the epitome of overrated this season. With them losing their two big defensive tackles, they might as well pack it in. that was the key to their game, maybe even moreso than Peterson, which is saying a lot as he might be the best running back in the league. Minnesota can't even pull away from the Bears, so how can they be seen as a Super Bowl contender?

As for Dallas, without Barber to run the clock tomorrow, and the possibility that Ware won't play, I can't see them finding an answer to Pitt. Yes they are a different team with Romo, no question, but they're not a complete team with those two possibly out. Barber is the real key for us because he takes so much pressure off of Romo that he opens up the passing game. Without him, it's all on Romo. Don't get me wrong it'll be close, but any loss ends out season. We'll likely lose to New York, unless they've locked up the division by then and miught rest their starters. 3-1 should get us in, and I'm not sure I can see that happening.

I am NO DALLAS fan by any means but I can see them beating Pittsburgh and the Giants. Romo has a reputation for sucking in December and this is his best chance to prove that he doesnt well....suck in December. Plus the Cowboys always play the Giants tough at home with the exception of Romo's debut and last years playoff game. But it all starts at one game at a time and one game means tomorrow's affair at Heinz where the Steelers have struggled all season against competetive teams. If the game were in Dallas, the Steelers would play better but because of the game being in Pittsburgh, I am very weary of how they might play tomorrow (waits for Brian to attack). I do not hate the Steelers either...making an unbiased opinion base don how I have seen them play this season. Remember if the Titans can win a game without a running game you can sure as hell bet the Cowboys can especially given the fact that Romo is better than Collins.

Pitt definitely I could see them defeating, but I'm not sure on the Giants. If we have the two guys back from the injured list, then our chances obviously go up a ton, but if they're hurt our chances are between slim and none. Far better chacne against Pitt. I certainly hope you're right, and if we do win tomorrow I couldn't be happier about being wrong. The playoffs are a long way away and it seems like there's a million ways it could come together. WIth a win, I think we'll get in because we'll beat Philly and should beat Baltimore, meaning we'll be on a roll going into the playoffs.

WEEK 14 PICKS

These are my picks for week 14.

OAKLAND RAIDERS (3-11) VS SAN DIEGO CHARGERS (4-8)
(CHARGERS; BOTH OF THESE TEAMS WILL NOT MAKE THE PLAYOFFS BUT I REFUSE TO BELIEVE THAT THE CHARGERS ARE DOWN ON THE RAIDERS LEVEL YET. THE CHARGERS WIN A GAME THAT IS PRETTY MEANINGLESS.)
YOUR PICK:

SUNDAY
JACKSONVILLE JAGUARS (4-8) VS CHICAGO BEARS (6-6)
(BEARS; THE BEARS NEED THIS GAME TO STAY IN THE DIVISION RACE AND THE JAGUARS ARE PRETTY MUCH ELIMINATED.)
YOUR PICK:

CLEVELAND BROWNS (4-8) VS TENNESSEE TITANS (11-1)
(TITANS; BRADY QUINN AND DEREK ANDERSON ARE OUT FOR THE YEAR. TALK ABOUT BAD LUCK. TITANS WIN IT.)
YOUR PICK:

MINNESOTA VIKINGS (7-5) VS DETROIT LIONS (0-12)
(VIKINGS; IF THE LIONS WIN ANY GAME, THIS GAME IS THAT GAME. BUT IF THE LIONS SOMEHOW MANAGE TO LOSE A GAME AGAINST A VIKINGS TEAM THAT THEY KNOW HOW TO BEAT, THEN THE LIONS WILL INDEED GO 0-16.)
YOUR PICK:

CINCINNATI BENGALS (1-10-1) VS INDIANAPOLIS COLTS (8-4)
(COLTS; IS THERE EVEN A DOUBT IN ANYONE’S MIND?)
YOUR PICK:

ATLANTA FALCONS (8-4) VS NEW ORLEANS SAINTS (6-6)
(FALCONS; THIS SIMPLY HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH ME NOT TRUSTING THE SAINTS AT ALL. THE FALCONS HAVE PLAYED AMAZINGLY WELL EVEN AGAINST GREAT OFFENSES LIKE SAN DIEGO.)
YOUR PICK:

PHILADELPHIA EAGLES (6-6) VS NEW YORK GIANTS (11-1)
(GIANTS; THE GIANTS ARE THE BEST TEAM IN THE NFL RIGHT NOW. THE EAGLES WILL PLAY THEM TIGHT BUT THE GIANTS WILL HAVE AN ASNWER FOR THEM.)
YOUR PICK:

HOUSTON TEXANS (5-7) VS GREEN BAY PACKERS (5-7)
(PACKERS; THE PACKERS ARE THE SAFER PICK IN A HOME GAME AGAINST A TEXANS TEAM THAT DOES NOT KNOW HOW TO WIN A ROAD GAME UNLESS THE TEAM OPPOSITE THEM IS NAMED CLEVELAND.)
YOUR PICK:

MIAMI DOLPHINS (7-5) VS BUFFALO BILLS (6-6)-LIVE FROM TORONTO
(BILLS; THIS GAME IS BEING PLAYED IN TORONTO WHICH IS MUCH COLDER THAN BUFFALO AND A LOT COLDER THAN MIAMI. THE DOLPHINS MAKE IT CLOSE BUT THE BILLS WIN A GAME TO SPOIL THINGS FOR MIAMI.)
YOUR PICK:

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS (7-5) VS SEATTLE SEAHAWKS (2-10)
(PATRIOTS; THE PATS ARE STILL BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS BUT THIS GAME WILL BE CLOSE. THE PATRIOTS WILL HAVE ENOUGH TO WIN IT THOUGH.)
YOUR PICK:

KANSAS CITY CHIEFS (1-10) VS DENVER BRONCOS (7-5)
(BRONCOS; THE BRONCOS HAVE LIKE A 10 GAME HOME WINNING STREAK AGAINST THE CHIEFS. IT CONTINUES THIS WEEK.)
YOUR PICK:

NEW YORK JETS (8-4) VS SAN FRANCISCO 49ERS (4-8)
(NINERS; UPSET OF THE WEEK! THE JETS SHOWED A LOT OF WEAKNESS IN LAST WEEK’S LOSS TO THE BRONCOS. THE NINERS ARE OUT TO PROVE SOMETHING TO END THE YEAR. WE’LL SEE IF THEY ACTUALLY BEAT THE JETS.)
YOUR PICK:

SAINT LOUIS RAMS (2-10) VS ARIZONA CARDINALS (7-5)
(CARDINALS; THE CARDINALS WILL FINALLY CLINCH THE DIVISION THIS YEAR. CONGRATS TO THE NFC WEST CHAMPS. NEXT YEAR THE 49ERS WIN THE DIVISION.)
YOUR PICK:

DALLAS COWBOYS (8-4) VS PITTSBURGH STEELERS (8-4)
(COWBOYS; BOTH TEAMS HAVE PLAYED WELL BUT I DO NOT TRUST THE STEELERS AT HOME AGAINST A HOT COWBOYS TEAM. THIS COULD GO EITHER WAY SO TAKE YOUR PICK.)
YOUR PICK:

WASHINGTON REDSKINS (7-5) VS BALTIMORE RAVENS (8-4)
(RAVENS; THIS IS A BATTLE BETWEEN CROSS STATE RIVALS AND I CAN SEE BALTIMORE COMING AWAY WITH THE WIN SIMPLY BECAUSE THEY PLAY REALLY WELL AT HOME BUT THEN AGAIN, THE REDSKINS ONLY PLAY WELL AWAY FROM HOME.)
YOUR PICK:

MONDAY

TAMPA BAY BUCCANEERS (9-3) VS CAROLINA PANTHERS (9-3)
(BUCS; THE BUCS ARE THE MORE CONSISTENT TEAM RIGHT NOW AND EVEN THOUGH THE DIVISION IS CURRENTLY UNBEATEN AT HOME AGAINST EACH OTHER, I BELIEVE THAT THE PANTHERS WILL BE THE FIRST TO LOSE AT HOME.)
YOUR PICK:

I can't see Dallas competing with the Steelers in Pittsburgh. It's 20 degrees, it's snowy, it's windy as fuck, and they are without Marian Barber. Well that means shit because its hard to run against the defense, and Ware is questionable.

If Dallas or Pittsburgh wanna make a statement they have to win this game, it'll give the Steelers a huge win, and it will show that Dallas has the ability to compete at a high level on the road. Turnovers are going to be the deciding factor in this game and If Ben doesn't go Favre on us we'll be in good shape. But when it's all said and done I think the Steelers win 24-17.

Well for 3 quarters and a half the Cowboys owned the Steelers but decided to fall apart in the last 6 minutes. I hope that they proved that they can hang with the Steelers Brian....they fucked it up in the end yeah but still even you have to admit that the Cowboys hanging on like they did was impressive. The defense just slacked off towards the end and Romo fucked up in the end. The Steelers defense did good enough to keep their team in the game when the offense was stuttering. Good job Steelers but the last NFC playoff spot is still up for grabs now with Dallas and Atlanta both losing today.

Dude, that was not a "Cowboy's failed at the end", it was a "Steeler's didn't wake up till the end". Seriously, Steeler's were playing like shit till the very end. Cowboy's are not what they're cracked up too be.

U keep making short posts like that Your not gonna stay very long. The Cowboys played really well. Only an idiot would say that they played like crap or that they are notas good as they played. Come on get real. The Steelers were playing like crap the entire game and then their offense changed things up in the 4th and scored 10 unanswered points off of the Cowboys. And when I refer to Brian, I refer to the Brian Becker, you know the guy who actually knows how to post. It was a good game from what I saw, both teams played well defensively and to sell either team short would be very simple minded and dumb. The NFL is not black and white. The Cowboys can still get a playoff spot if they win at least 2 of their last 3 games.

U keep making short posts like that Your not gonna stay very long. The Cowboys played really well. Only an idiot would say that they played like crap or that they are notas good as they played. Come on get real. The Steelers were playing like crap the entire game and then their offense changed things up in the 4th and scored 10 unanswered points off of the Cowboys. And when I refer to Brian, I refer to the Brian Becker, you know the guy who actually knows how to post. It was a good game from what I saw, both teams played well defensively and to sell either team short would be very simple minded and dumb. The NFL is not black and white. The Cowboys can still get a playoff spot if they win at least 2 of their last 3 games.

I've been here longer then you, and there was nothing more too say.

The Cowboys played how they always do, I didn't say they weren't "Good", just they SURE as hell ain't what they're cracked up too be. Steeler's were quiet all game, something was just off about them, and they didn't get it back till the end of the game. Neither their offense nor their defense was really "clicking", but it was still a -decent- back and fourth game. In the end, if the Steeler's had lost they'd only have themselves to blame, because the Cowboys are not a superior team when the Steeler's are clicking on all cylinders.

And I actually know how to post, I do it better then you do too. :)

Well for 3 quarters and a half the Cowboys owned the Steelers but decided to fall apart in the last 6 minutes.
That's why Football is a 60 minute game, not 54...
I hope that they proved that they can hang with the Steelers Brian....
They turned the ball over 5 times. They're lucky our offense is terrible. not capitalizing on mistakes.

they fucked it up in the end yeah but still even you have to admit that the Cowboys hanging on like they did was impressive.
They didn't hang on, once again football is a 60 minute game, not 54.

The defense just slacked off towards the end and Romo fucked up in the end.
The defense didn't fucking slack, Ben was sacked 5 times, they forced two turnovers, held us to 20 points. They lost because our defense is that good and Romo was making bad decision after bad decision. Their only touchdown was on some bull shit scramble.

Steeler haters crack me up they like pointing fingers at everyone else, they like giving reasons on why the other team lost, and not on why the Steelers fucking won. They're 10-3 with a mediocre offense, an offense that staggers at the line of scrimmage yet we win games, doing it the old fashion way

U keep making short posts like that Your not gonna stay very long.
his posts seem fine, short but to the point.

The Cowboys played really well. Only an idiot would say that they played like crap
Um dude, they turned the ball over 5 times, that isn't playing "well"
or that they are notas good as they played. Come on get real
Um, you get real. Ben did what he's done for 4+ seasons. He was effective, he didn't turn the ball over a lot, and he made some plays when he had too. It's that simple, that formula brought 5 SB to the Steel City.

I guess todays fans don't like Defensive Struggles like you saw in the Steel City today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back