2012 Debater's League: Ask a Question Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-Man

Gone but never forgotten.
This thread will be dedicated for Debater's League participants only! Ask all questions and post all concerns in regards to the tournament in this thread. Only Dagger and I will answer these questions and all forum rules apply in the thread. Anyone that violates these rules will be infracted.

Will being a poster longer, having more posts, having more rep power, or anything in this general area effect the judging?

I am still gaining respect in the WZ Forums and I don't want my debate(s) to be looked at differently.

Also, What was the final debate topic last time around?

What would be the grading system used?

There will be a formal rules and regulations thread created either tonight or tomorrow with details on this.

Will being a poster longer, having more posts, having more rep power, or anything in this general area effect the judging?

I am still gaining respect in the WZ Forums and I don't want my debate(s) to be looked at differently.

None of this matters at all. You are judged strictly and specifically on the debate replies, nothing more. That's why we have impartial judges... we want it to be fair.

Also, What was the final debate topic last time around?

Look it up in the archives.

Will posts in here add to our post count or will they be considered spam?

Post count is turned on in the debates. If you're going to put that much work towards a post, we're definitely going to make it count.

Just asked this in the other thread but for the others benifits;

Is there a definite time for the start of tomorrow's debate? Also, how will it be going, 'cos I guess its not a For/Against debate?

Just asked this in the other thread but for the others benifits;

Is there a definite time for the start of tomorrow's debate? Also, how will it be going, 'cos I guess its not a For/Against debate?

The start time was all posted within the signup thread.

The debates will have multiple sides to choose from. Prior to the debate thread being created, I will flip a coin to choose the home and away debater. The home debater gets to choose either if they wish to submit the first post of the debate or which side of the debate they choose to argue. The away debater gets the latter of the two choices.

If a poster doesn't respond within the time limit then would that result in a infraction or an automatic loss?

It depends... if they don't respond at all within the time period, the opposing debater wins. If they don't respond to their opponent's replies in a timely fashion, it affects their Punctuality points.

Warning/infractions are only for breaking forum rules.

Will their ever be a moment where we will be given a question unrelated to Wrestling? Such as current events, sports, etc?

Will the debates be strictly business, or is bad mouthing/shit talking aloud there too?

How long do I have to wait for Gunnz to make his choice?

24 hours from when the debate was posted. At 4pm EST tomorrow, if Gunnz is a no-show, the choice of position will be deferred to you. You will also still be able to choose the order in which the participants will make their opening statements.

24 hours from when the debate was posted. At 4pm EST tomorrow, if Gunnz is a no-show, the choice of position will be deferred to you. You will also still be able to choose the order in which the participants will make their opening statements.

Did we really think Gunnz was gonna be a no-show?

Just to be clear on this stuff... If option 1 is chosen, options 2 and 3 are the only remaining choices, correct? ...and so on and so forth?

If you need a replacement for anyone who signed up that you don't think will actually participate, won't be a strong enough debater, or if someone suddenly has some kind of "emergency" and suddenly can not compete I'd like to throw my name in the hat to take anyone's place possibly. I wanted to get in on this one but somehow I missed it so I'm looking for any way of entry I can find. Is there any possibility to get in as a late entry as it doesn't appear that the matches have been made and such?

We are not doing any substitutions, as that would be unfair to those who signed up or those who got eliminated already. If someone fails to show up or respond then their opponent moves on. Thanks for the offer though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back