2012 Lethal Lockdown Match Competitors?

Papa Pillman

I've got more Ho's than Jim Duggan
Anyone who has followed TNA for any period of time is familiar with Lethal Lockdown.

Every Lockdown PPV has featured a Lethal Lockdown contest- the current incarnation is a cage match with two teams of wrestlers periodically entering the action until a lid of weapons lowers onto the cage-top once all competitors have become involved. This concept is TNA's version of "Wargames". It is usually the main event of Lockdown, and I actually think that it is a gimmick that almost always produces an interesting watch.

One positive thing about TNA's past reliance on stables and power struggles is that most of the match-ups for a Lethal Lockdown contest are automatically built-in.

This brings us to 2012... without much in the way of factions or stables in the current product, who may be the competitors in Lethal Lockdown this year??

My belief is that the current quasi-existence of Immortal, which only seems to still be a faction based off of Ray and Abyss's occasional mention of it, is to help book a Lethal Lockdown match. I feel that Lockdown will be Immortal's last "hurrah", they will lose and as a result will be forced to officially disband.

With that as the case, I'd book the 4-on-4 match as... Sting and Hardy teaming with Styles and Abyss(or maybe a returning RVD or Anderson in one of those latter two spots) facing an Immortal faction that's some four man combo of Bully Ray, Scott Steiner, Ric Flair, Gunner, Angle, or a re-hired Jeff Jarrett.

I believe that Gunner won't be eligible for the match because I think that we are likely to see a Hogan/Garrett v. Gunner/Eric Bischoff match. I count out Storm and Roode as competitors since I believe they will facing off for the world title. I think AJ could be a part of the action because by Lockdown I could see a team of Daniels/Kaz having moved on to a tag-team program freeing Styles up for a different feud.

I don't see alot of other options to compete in a match that is typically a main-event faction face-off, and there's not alot of time to build into one.

Who do you guys specualte will be the competitors in this year's version of Lethal Lockdown??

Personally, Lethal Lockdown is the only TNA event that I really look forward to all year. That being said, I wouldn't be surprised if we have yet another Immortal group in the match. Unfortunately, I don't know if Immortal even still has enough members to make a team. I believe the only current members are Steiner, Bully Ray, Gunner, Angle, and Flair. I don't see Flair, Gunner, or Angle being in the match if their storylines continue.

I wouldn't mind if TNA stepped away from the faction aspect and just did faces against heels. I also believe that champions and other main eventers should be in the Lethal Lockdown match. Its the focus of the show and they have 11 other PPV's a year to defend the title. I would go for Team Storm vs. Team Roode.

Team Storm: James Storm, AJ Styles, Crimson, Matt Morgan

vs.

Team Roode: Robert Roode, Kurt Angle, Daniels, Samoa Joe

Based on how the story lines are arcing right now, with Lockdown slated for April 15, and being in Nashville, Team Storm v. Team Roode makes the most sense, far and away.

Granted, that leaves the event without a championship match, but it's not necessary so long as the other championships are up for grabs earlier in the night.

I'd echo Tuffy's lists, for the most part:

Team Storm: James Storm, Jeff Hardy, AJ Styles, and Abyss

Team Roode: Bobby Roode, Kurt Angle, Daniels, Kazarian and Bully Ray

Yes, I leave the teams lopsided.

Way to early to tell.

but this would be. . . different

X-Division Team- MCMG, Austin Aries, Brain Kindrick

vs.

Main Event Team- Mr.Anderson, James Storm, Bully Ray, and Robert Roode.

^Just because its a little early.

TNA World Heavyweight Championship
Bobby Roode(c) Vs James Storm
Winner:Bobby Roode

Lethal Lockdown Match
Team Hardy Vs Team Immortal:
Team Hardy:Jeff Hardy,AJ Styles,Rob Van Dam,& Mr.Anderson
Vs
Team Immortal:Bully Ray,Kurt Angle,Christopher Daniels,& Kazarian
Winners:Team Hardy

I’m basing my idea on the fact that Immortal is anything but without Hulk Hogan. For this year’s Lethal Lockdown match, I would like to see:

Team Champions: Robert Roode, Robbie E, Austin Aries, Matt Morgan and Crimson
vs.
Team Challengers: 5 TNA SuperStars who win qualifying matches on Impact

I was either thinking of having all the Titles on the line or if the Challengers win, they each get a shot and the Championships on the next PPV. This is basically free and easy booking for two months.

I see Lockdown looking like this in the end.

James Storm vs. (c) Bobby Roode

Jeff Hardy vs. Bully Ray

Alex Shelley vs. (c) Austin Aries

Team Bischoff vs.Team Bischoff

Garrett
Hogan
Abyss
Anderson
vs.
Eric
Flair
Gunner
Stiener

AJ Styles vs. Christopher Daniels vs. Kazarian

Matt Morgan vs. Crimson

Velvet Sky/Mickie James vs. (c) Gail Kim

That leaves 1 or 2 matches to get Joe and Magnus in a tag match. I think they will be the champs by then.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back