Worst Supporting Actress
Cameron Diaz, “Annie”
Megan Fox, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”
Nicola Peltz, “Transformers 4″
Brigitte Ridenour (Kirk Cameron’s sister), “Saving Christmas”
Susan Sarandon, “Tammy”

Worst Supporting Actor
Mel Gibson, “Expendables 3″
Kelsey Grammer, “Expendables 3,” “Legends of Oz,” “Think Like a Man Too” and “Transformers 4″
Shaquille O’Neal, “Blended”
Arnold Schwarzenegger, “Expendables 3″
Kiefer Sutherland, “Pompeii”

Worst Director
Michael Bay, “Transformers 4″
Darren Doane, “Saving Christmas”
Renny Harlin, “The Legend of Hercules”
Jonathan Liebesman, “Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”
Seth MacFarlane, “A Million Ways to Die in the West”

Worst Screen Combo
Any Two Robots, Actors or Robotic Actors, “Transformers 4″
Kirk Cameron & His Ego, “Saving Christmas”
Cameron Diaz & Jason Segel, “Sex Tape”
Kellan Lutz & Either His Abs, His Pecs or His Glutes, “The Legend of Hercules”
Seth MacFarlane & Charlize Theron “A Million Ways to Die in the West”

Worst Screenplay
“Saving Christmas”
“Sex Tape”
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”
“Transformers 4″

Worst Remake, Rip-Off or Sequel
“Annie”
“Atlas Shrugged #3: Who Is John Galt?”
“The Legend of Hercules”
“Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles”
“Transformers 4″

It's that time of year again!

If you didn't notice, the Razzies (or The Golden Raspberry Awards) added a new category this year. The Redeemer Award recognizes actors and actresses, who showed significant improvement for their performances and the overall quality of their films.

If I had to pick a winner, I'd go with Keanu Reeves for John Wick. The final battle is terrible (and illogical), but John Wick is still one of the best action films in 2014, and Reeves' delivered one hell of a performance. Overall, I've never been a big fan of Reeves' career, but there's no denying he nailed the John Wick character.

I haven't seen Cake yet, so I can't comment on Jennifer Aniston. I remember watching the trailer for Camp X-Ray. I'm not doubting the possibility of Kristen Stewart turning the corner but, when I look at her past films and her performances, there's nothing appealing about Kristen Stewart as an actress for me.

I'll have to do some research on the Mike Myers' documentary, but out of all the nominees, Ben Affleck is the one nominee that feels out of place. I don't think of Affleck as someone, who has history of stinkers. Sure, he's had some bad films, but he's more of a hit-and-miss (if we're talking about recent stuff, Runner, Runner is generic and boring, but it's not an awful film) guy.

The rest of the nominees are par for the course, with Transformers, Michael Bay, and anything with Bay's name (TMNT) attached to it leading the pack. The only real surprise here is Adam Sandler escaped with one nomination.

While TMNT 2014 is nowhere near as bad as I thought it would be, it's a pretty underwhelming film overall. Transformers: Age Of Extinction is more of the same old, same old, because Michael Bay has been making the same damn movie for seven years now.

Although, I'm not so sure about Megan Fox's nomination. I know Fox is an easy target, and after Passion Play (to be fair, the script was atrocious), I'll always have a hard time looking at Fox as a serious actress, but come on now, she wasn't that bad in TMNT. There's nothing to brag about, but Fox was decent enough as April.

Any thoughts on the nominees?

ChristyLemire.com said:
It is The Room of Christmas movies. Actually, The Room is more enjoyable. But you get the idea.

MLive said:
Cameron's preferred tool of engagement is a prybar, applied to your eyelids with an indelicate hand.

Los Angeles Times said:
Virtually everything about this production feels thrown together.

Just a few hilarious quotes about "Saving Christmas" from over at Rotten Tomatoes. It looks like the absolute worst kind of film- a teaching aid that tries to throw everything history has shown us out the damn window and replace it with that questionable gunk you find on a cafeteria table that could or couldn't be fecal matter. It should be the most successful(?) movie at the Razzies this year.

Admittingly, I hate Megan Fox's acting and I haven't liked Ben Affleck in a leading role ever, but I don't think they will walk out with Razzie awards. Yeah, TMNT was shit, but not really because of Fox. I think Affleck walks out with the Redeemer Award.

Everything else I am neither here or there for. Mildly surprised that "Annie" is nominated for Worst Remake/Etc, but then again I've only seen the trailer. And I still don't get how Michael Bay continues to be popular at the box office.

This list has unlocked Hollywood's best keep secret. That Cameron Diaz has been a shitty actress since 1999.

Other then that, surprised to see some Seth MacFarlane backlash. Not that I'm complaining.

The full list of winners:
WORST PICTURE

• Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas - "winner"
• Left Behind
• The Legend of Hercules
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
• Transformers: Age of Extinction

WORST ACTOR

• Kirk Cameron, Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas - "winner"
• Nicholas Cage, Left Behind
• Kellan Lutz, The Legend of Hercules
• Seth MacFarlane, A Million Ways to Die in the West
• Adam Sandler, Blended

WORST SUPPORTING ACTOR

• Kelsey Grammer, Expendables 3, Legends of Oz, Think Like a Man Too, Transformers: Age of Extinction - "winner"

• Mel Gibson, Expendables 3
• Shaquille O'Neal, Blended
• Arnold Schwarzenegger, Expendables 3
• Kiefer Sutherland, Pompeii

WORST DIRECTOR

• Michael Bay, Transformers: Age of Extinction - "winner"

• Darren Doane, Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas
• Renny Harlin, The Legend of Hercules
• Jonathan Liebesman, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
• Seth MacFarlane, A Million Ways to Die in the West

WORST REMAKE, RIP-OFF OR SEQUEL

• Annie - "winner"

• Atlas Shrugged: Who Is John Galt?
• The Legend of Hercules

WORST SCREEN COMBO

• Kirk Cameron & His Ego, Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas - 'winner"
• Any Two Robots, Actors (Robotic Actors), Transformers: Age of Extinction
• Cameron Diaz & Jason Segel, Sex Tape
• Kellan Lutz & Either His Abs, His Pecs or His Glutes
• Seth MacFarlane & Charlize Theron, A Million Ways to Die in the West

WORST SCREENPLAY

• Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas - "winner"
• Left Behind
• Sex Tape

REDEEMER AWARD

• Ben Affleck, from Gigli to Argo and Gone Girl - "winner"
• Jennifer Aniston, from four-time Razzie nominee to Cake
• Mike Myers, from The Love Guru to directing Supermensch
• Keanu Reeves, from six-time Razzie nominee to John Wick
• Kristen Stewart, from six-time Razzie winner for Twilight to Camp X-Ray

WORST ACTRESS

• Cameron Diaz, The Other Woman and Sex Tape - "winner"
• Drew Barrymore, Blended
• Melissa McCarthy, Tammy
• Charlize Theron, A Million Ways to Die in the West
• Gaia Weiss, The Legend of Hercules

WORST SUPPORTING ACTRESS

• Megan Fox, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles - "winner"

• Cameron Diaz, Annie
• Nicola Peltz, Transformers: Age of Extinction
• Susan Sarandon, Tammy
• Brigitte Ridenour (née Cameron), Kirk Cameron's Saving Christmas

Well Kirk Cameron is the new Adam Sandler this year with four wins for Saving Christmas. I haven't seen the movie, but I watched the trailer a little while ago, and now I have no interest whatsoever in watching it.

[YOUTUBE]z5-yA66kaVc[/YOUTUBE]​

Annie was cliched, predictable, and it's a forgettable remake. Still, I enjoyed the movie, as a little feel good comedy/drama, with a solid cast, and I laughed a few times.

As usual, Michael Bay won at least one award for a Transformers film, and Megan Fox's win doesn't surprise me.

As far as Bay goes, for seven years, Michael Bay continuously made the same damn Transformers movie over and over again. I laugh every time Bay does an interview, and he tries to convince people about his plans to put more effort into making a different film. I'm not 100% sure on this, but I remember a similar interview about changes before Dark Of The Moon, and the first shot of the movie is a tight close-up of Rosie Huntington-Whiteley's ass.

TMNT 2014 wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, but it was a pretty lousy film overall. If we're talking about Megan Fox, a lot of people are really overexaggerating the poor quality of her performance. I know Fox is an easy target for obvious reasons, but she was decent enough in TMNT.

The thing with Cameron Diaz is, she can't rely on sex appeal as an easy pass anymore. At 42, she's still an attractive woman, but if you watch The Other Woman, you can clearly see Kate Upton is her younger replacement. Upton is the sex symbol and the eye candy in The Other Woman, the woman people want to drool over, while Diaz's character comes off as someone, who's stuck in a mid-life crisis with Leslie Mann's character.

In the 90's (There's Something About Mary, The Mask, and I know it's 2002, and her character was more trashy in the movie, but I'll throw in Gangs Of New York as a tentative pick) Diaz was in the spotlight as the young sex symbol in her films. But that's not the case now, and Diaz is low on the totem pole for known actresses with real name value, because Diaz doesn't have the acting chops to make a noticeable transition and stand out in the pack.

If we're talking about Sex Tape, they promoted the movie as some edgy and raunchy R-rated comedy, that's not afraid to cross any lines, but the end result was a tamed and dull film. There's nothing wrong with Diaz's performance, but the raunchiness in Sex Tape is limited to shots of Jason Segel and Cameron Diaz's bare assess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back