365 day music challenge

Day 27: A Song You Like To Blast On your Car Stereo When It Comes On

Im not really one for blasting music. If I really like something, Ill turn it up, but Ill never be accused of hurting someone else's eardrums. Yeah, I can be boring like that. But here's the best Ive got.

Wish You Were Here- Incubus

[YOUTUBE]8295rOMvtQI[/YOUTUBE]

Yeah, I know, not exaclty a song that will blare through speakers. But sometimes, it's the songs that have sentimental value to you that mean most. Morning View was the first CD I bought when I was in college, and I still have the CD 9 years later. I love how the verses are more laid back, with the chorus kicking in strong with the guitars as well. Im not the biggest Incubus fan in the world, but this CD takes me back to one of my favorite times in my life. I had my own room in my dorm, a car that I could call my own, and a damn good after-school job waiting tables, which was a small fortune to me at the time. I also met my wife that year, although it wasn't until years later that we began dating. Especially in the fall or spring, this is a fun one to roll down my windows to and play on loud. Sometimes it's the memory of a song and its meaning moreso then how heavy or chill its beat it is that makes a song truly worth playing all the way up.

Day 47. The oldest song you own

[YOUTUBE]mmdPQp6Jcdk[/YOUTUBE]

This is over 50 years old, closing on 60 years old. Great song, which was first introduced to me by my Dad, who loves it.

However, while this is the most famous version of it, there are earlier recordings. The earliest recorded version of this famous folk song is thought to be is by Appalachian artists Clarence Ashley and Gwen Foster and was made in 1933 making it a 78 year old piece of music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back