365 day music challenge

18. A song you would consider part of the "soundtrack" of your life

[YOUTUBE]TxJ2F0rOhyU[/YOUTUBE]

This song is actually the theme music to the birth of roxFIERCE. It lends itself to my upbeat,energetic personality and it's fun to dance to.

19. A song that you love from a band that has since broken up

[YOUTUBE]Alh6iIvVN9o[/YOUTUBE]

I love Fall Out Boy, I don't care how you judge me. This song is on Rock Band and when I sing it, I belt out the lyrics and get a perfect score on expert.Such is my dedication to Patrick Stump's vocals.

20. A song you know most or part of the choreography to

[YOUTUBE]fByFORDcNLA[/YOUTUBE]

It's showtime girls. I loved the backup dancers in the intro so much that I learned the choreography!!

21. A song from a band or artist (member(s) alive) would love to see perform in person

[YOUTUBE]tIlZOc_edhk[/YOUTUBE]

I actually missed my opportunity to see the guys in late June cuz I was broke at the time :/ I would still love to see these guys do their thing on stage one day.

Day 14: A song you like that is intrumental only

[YOUTUBE]Rv9CDEbvmr8[/YOUTUBE]

An absolute masterpiece. The song is over 8 minutes long but never...eeeeeeeever gets boring. This is Cliff Burton at his absolute finest, proving why his death was such a tragic loss for the music industry.

15. A song your parents played on road trips when you were young

[YOUTUBE]F4bVAbqGh5Y[/YOUTUBE]

I remember sitting in the back of my Dad's car and always asking for a tape to be played, and I wanted "Mustang Sally" every time. I knew every word to it, I don't know why it appealed to me so much, it just did.

There were plenty of other good songs on that tape, but I always looked forward to this classic coming on. Listening to it now has brought back some great memories!

A song you play when your getting ready to get your confidence up:
Job For A Cowboy - The divine falsehood
[YOUTUBE]0EfMCTMy52I[/YOUTUBE]

The first time I had this play on my ipod was during one of my last wrestling matches my Jr. Year. I had just downloaded the whole cd to my ipod and was going through the cd to warm up. I came to this song and I have no clue what happened. Something in my head just clicked and I went out and beat the piss out of the kid. I ran up about 8 points on him, then let him back up and pinned him.

So I started to lisiten to this song before every match my Jr. year. Then my senior year came around and I didn't lisiten to it. I lost a match and was pissed off then when warming up this song came on because it was on shuffle. I went out and pinned the kid in 30 some seconds. So from then on I just lisitend to it before matches. It helped me get 30 pins outta my Senior year and to distircs.

16. A song you have seen performed live:

[YOUTUBE]_kyK_Olzvas[/YOUTUBE]

The recording from the gig I was at. Believe me when I tell you guys that the crowd was fucking INSANE for this song. I was screaming the chorus so loud that my throat locked up towards the end of the song, and I couldn't breathe. It was incredible, probably the best performance of a song I have ever seen live, I get goosebumps just thinking about it! Unreal

My brother had dislocated his own shoulder the night before and gone to the gig thinking he had just slept funny, and he was still fucking rocking out to every single AIC song, WHAT A GIG. WHAT A SONG

I am so pleased that this recording is on YouTube, I have already converted it to an MP3 and have it on my IPod as a reminder of a truly awesome gig

Anyone for bringing this back? I would like to finish it. Comon guys! Lets post

A song that reminds you of a past love:

[YOUTUBE]uelHwf8o7_U[/YOUTUBE]

I don't tend to label people or relationships with songs. I don't really care about the music they lisiten to. But I'm not gonna lie I hated this song when it came out, still don't like it. But my ex lisitend to it 24-7. She was a terrible singer, but it was good times. Really good times, infact I believe that was the last time I felt love in a relationship.:disappointed:

Day 17- A Song you remember dancing in public to

Michael Jackson- Thriller

[YOUTUBE]4V90AmXnguw[/YOUTUBE]

I was at Disneyland in Paris for New Years a couple of years ago. After the clock struck 12 and the fireworks went off etc, they opened the doors of the park for everyone to leave, and then played this song over the speakers. As it started, several dancers came out and led the public in a "Thriller" dance out of the park. It was a lot of fun

Day 18: A song you would consider part of the soundtrack of your life

[YOUTUBE]5m6lymJy57E[/YOUTUBE]

This may be thought of as a strange choice, but let me explain. I am a HUGE Bolton Wanderers fan, and this is one of the anthems of my club. The lyrics

I'm a Wanderer, yeah I'm a Wanderer

are great to sing in the stands, or before matches as you are walking to the stadium. Because I have spent so many days at Bolton matches, and heard this song so many times, it definitely qualifies for the soundtrack of my life. I even play it in the car on the way to the ground!

A song you like that is intrumental only
Animals as leaders-Cafo
[YOUTUBE]NmfzWpp0hMc[/YOUTUBE]

This whole song is just amazing. Well lets get this right, The whole album was fucking amazing. I have been impressed by alot of bands the first time I lisitened to them. But I found this band about 6 months ago. From start to finish of this song I was blown away. I've never seen someone with that total level of mastery over a guitar before. The lead guitarist Tosin deffinatly has a huge place in not only metal, but music as a whole. If he keeps this up.

20. A song you know most or part of the choreography to:

Unfortunately, I have nothing for this one. I was thinking of putting a Limp Bizkit song as I can do the Fred Durst dick grabbing, but I dont think that really counts!

21. A song from a band or artist (member(s) alive) you would love to see performed in person:

[YOUTUBE]uLZBhlTXHuo[/YOUTUBE]

One of my favourite riffs from one of my favourite bands. I am so happy that these guys have reunited and are going to be releasing a new album fairly soon. I hope they tour the UK and that this song is still in their set list, it is an absolute monster.

22. A song from a band or artists (member(s) decease )you would have loved to have seen:

[YOUTUBE]N_GPxe91hWE[/YOUTUBE]

I have seen Alice In Chains, but not with Layne, and this song was not in the set list.

A truly phenomenally emotional piece of music, and the mixture of acoustic and electric guitar is absolutely brilliant. Layne clearly pours his heart and soul into this song and it would be an honour to see it performed live by the orginal AIC.

23. Song from a band or artist that you have met in person:

[YOUTUBE]wD6Pq0bSMPo[/YOUTUBE]

I have met the former Stone Roses (and current Primal Scream) bassist Mani when he was doing a DJ set at a club in Manchester, and ended up chatting to him for quite a while. Nice bloke :)

This is one of my favourite Roses songs, an indie anthem and one of the most catchy songs I have ever heard. A gem of a track

Day 24. The last new song that you heard that you really liked that was new to you

[YOUTUBE]u_VsvZmIWxY[/YOUTUBE]

An INCREDIBLE cover of the Bad Company self titled classic. Five Finger Death Punch are a band I had never listened to, thinking that all they do is scream. However, while they do indeed scream on some of their new album, this song shows the incredible voice that the singer has. This is how rock music should be- awesome riff, powerful but tuneful vocals and for some reason this song makes me feel good and like I can achieve anything. It makes me want to go and fuck some shit up in a good way.

"A company....always on the run" and "I was boooorn...a shotgun in my hand" at the start of the song sounds amazing, what a voice. I think this is currently the most/2nd most played song on my ipod.

25. Worst song you have ever seen performed live:

I cant think of one off the top of my head, I am going to have to go with a song by one of the many awful support bands I have seen at gigs. The 1st band at the Fozzy gig the other week were awful, just terrible thrash metal with screaming vocals that you couldn't make out. Just gash.

26. One of the top songs that was released the year you were born:

[YOUTUBE]lDK9QqIzhwk[/YOUTUBE]

Bon Jovi's most famous song, "Livin' on a prayer" is one of those songs that you can GUARANTEE will be played at almost any party, 80s night or kareoke bar, it is one of the most well-known songs of all time.

From the album "Slippery When Wet", Jovi's biggest-selling release, LOAP was an instant hit, has stood the test of time and will probably still be a regular on radio in another 10 years, unlike most songs from the 80's hair bands. An all-time classic song, which was released as a single in 198, the year of my birth and has over 29 million YouTube views!

Wow, am I the only one keeping this thread alive? Its a really cool thread, I don't get why noone else is posting?

27. A song you like to blast on your car stereo when it comes on:

[YOUTUBE]kz_6jagv_D4[/YOUTUBE]

Such a classic, I cannot stop myself from nodding along to the chugging riff, and badly singing along with Ozzy. It isn't one of my favourite songs of all time, but I do love it and I can't believe its like 40+ years old or something, it stills sounds awesome to this day and I love blasting it out of the speakers as I am zooming down the motorway

28. A song you change the words to when you sing it:

[YOUTUBE]o7X3LYGV_N8[/YOUTUBE]

We don't do it anymore, as he no longer plays for Bolton Wanderers, but when Nicolas Anelka was our striker, the lyric "what's that coming over the hill, is it a monster? Is it a monsteeeeeer?" was changed to

"What's that coming over the hill, is it Anelka? Is it Anelkaaaaaaa?

Nothing special, but just a typical chant from the football terraces, although it made me laugh when I first heard it

29. A song that describes a friendship:

[YOUTUBE]Jp_iq64WSsI[/YOUTUBE]

I don't really have one for this in my own life, so I have chosen a song that I KNOW is about friendship, from a little known but quality band who have been promoted by Oasis's Noel Gallagher and given his seal of approval. I think they may even be signed to his record label....

15. A song your parents played on road trips when you were young:
Metallica - For Whom The Bell Tolls with lyrics
[YOUTUBE]bg92QpjRcJk[/YOUTUBE]

Lets get to the point here, my parents never went on road trips. We were poor and the person I called my dad died when I was 13. I have never been on a real vacation, only small things like going to the zoo for a few hours, or going to a small amusement park a state over. I still cherish the memories of my childhood with them.

So I am using a song that my friend plays for me while we are in the car together. He enjoys 80's hair "metal" and rock. That is somthing that I really can't stand, but we do have some 80's thrash intrests together. This is a song that is at least played once every time I am in the car with him.

30. A song from a band/artist that you are planning to see in the next 6 months

[YOUTUBE]oZRjuxEteFQ[/YOUTUBE] (Sorry, couldn't find an album quality version)

Now, alot of you will know Alter Bridge, or have first heard them from their song "Metalingus" (yeah, I have no idea what the title means either!) which Edge used as his WWE entrance music for the last few years.

However, I was always into their music simply as they were all members of Creed (bar Myles Kennedy), and being a massive Creed-head, I decided to buy their first album as soon as it came out. It was awesome. I have all their material, and enjoy it all but this track (track 2 on the 1st album) remains my favourite to this day.

I have currently seen them 3x and in November I will be going to see them again, as they headline at the MEN Arena in Manchester alongside Black Stone Cherry and Theory Of A Deadman, I can't wait. It should be a great gig, and its nice to see AB playing the big arenas in England now. They deserve it, they are a top quality band.

31. Your class song (or what you want your class song to be).

[YOUTUBE]bMbEOofifXY[/YOUTUBE]

I wouldn't call this my "class song", but I can remember it being played at our school prom and everyone putting their arms round each others shoulders and making a big circle on the dancefloor. As it was the last time you were going to see alot of people, several people started crying but it was a great moment and a lovely memory from my high-school days.

32. A song that you love to play while thinking

I'm sorry, I do not have a selection for this one.

33. A song that you can't even think of without it getting stuck in your head

[YOUTUBE]aFd5Cci_pE4[/YOUTUBE]

Ahhh, early '90s dance music was great. Such an instantly recognisable catchy beat and the "no no no no no no, no no no no, no no there's no limit" make this one of those songs that you CANNOT get out of your head once you hear the tune or the repetative lyrics.

Still love it though, a cheesy dance classic for sure

34. A song that you try to get stuck in your head to replace the one that's currently stuck there.

[YOUTUBE]xJJsoquu70o[/YOUTUBE]

LOVE this tune! Can't wait to see the Mudd live in October!

For some reason, every time I hear this song I end up humming it for the rest of the day. Its a magnificent track, but its not like there is any reason it should get stuck in my head, but it always does.

I dont mind though, Wes's voice is awesome for this type of song, the lyrics mean something and its such a great song.

35. Your favourite cover song

I have two picks for this.

[YOUTUBE]dOibtqWo6z4[/YOUTUBE]

A magnificent cover of the Bob Seger original, Metallica at their best. James Hetfield has a wonderful voice for this type of song, and although it wouldnt please alot of the Metallica fanbase, I would be perfectly happy for them to produce an album entirely of this type of music. It is in this style that I think Hetfield sounds best, although I love almost all of their material.

[YOUTUBE]2tmc8rJgxUI[/YOUTUBE]

Incredible. Even Dylan says that this is now a Guns song, and they take the original and make it their own. Slash was made for playing this kind of song, and Axl shows why he is one of the all time greatest vocallists. It's a sad song, but it doesnt put me in a sad mood. I just love it!

36. Your least favorite cover song

[YOUTUBE]k85mRPqvMbE[/YOUTUBE]

It was a sad day for music when this got to number 1 in the UK charts. A horrible, horrible cover of the classic "Axel F" from the Beverly Hills Cop soundtrack, this was never off the radio when it was first released, but thankfully it seems to have been forgotten about now.

Praise the lord for small favours, as it is utter shite

37. An essential karaoke song

I don't really have an "essential" karaoke song, but I have chosen one from the very few times I have done karaoke.

This was in a bar in Lanzarote with a couple of friends, and there was a really good singer on. He asked for any requests, and I shouted out "The Jam!" and the guy said he didn't know that one, but I could sing it if I wanted it. I initally refused but then the crowd (there were about 200 people there, it was packed" started cheering so I had to go up and do it

I actually went down quite well, and got cheered and bought beers for it and people were telling me I was far better than they expected. I can see why people want to be singers, it was great having the crowd clapping along and cheering you. I thought they were taking the piss, but even the singer said I had been good. I have tried singing a few times since and never got that great of a response so I think it was just a one off great performance.

Anyway, here is the song

[YOUTUBE]YfpRm-p7qlY[/YOUTUBE]

and I guess this would probably be my choice for the next one too.

38. A song you sing really well

Day 39: A song that you wish you could sing really well

[YOUTUBE]O-fyNgHdmLI[/YOUTUBE]

I can't believe this is a decade old already, unbelievable!

I have always been a big Creed fan, they were one of the first bands who introduced me to guitar based rock, and the "Weathered" album is still one of my favourite CD's to this day. I love Scott Stapp's voice, its nasally, throaty but phenomenal and "My Sacrifice" is one of my favourite songs of all time. I would love to be able to sing like Scott Stapp can

40. Your favourite song from the 50's

[YOUTUBE]FJsQSb9RFo0[/YOUTUBE]

Tough one this, as I had to go back through my music collection to find really old songs and then find out which year they were released. However, I settled on this absolute classic from Elvis.

Known by everyone on the planet I expect, "Hound Dog" is one of the King's most famous tracks. So catchy, impossible to get out of your head once it gets in and such a fun and enjoyable track, "Hound Dog" is my pick for the 1950s

They dont make 'em like that anymore thats for sure!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back