4 Grand Theft Auto San Andreas -v - Sonic 3 125

?

• GTA

• Sonic

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lee

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No it's Supermod!
GTASABOX.jpg

The original gamign badass adds another gaming badass but then takes on the baddest asses in gaming bad asses! Confused? Just vote!

Sonic3-box-us-225.jpg

Whether we are talking Sonic 3 by itself or the REAL Sonic 3 which is Sonic 3 combined with Sonic & Knuckles for the most epic 2d platformer of all.... Sonic 3 wins regardless of which of the two we are discussing here. San Andreas is a fun game and still a good form of stress relief.... but that's not enough to convince me to play it over reliving nostalgic moments of Sonic 3. Sonic 3 gets my vote because it's a game I can play over and over again without getting sick of. As good as GTA San Andreas is, eventually I get tired of playing it and could spend an entire day playing through Sonic 3.

These games share an interesting place in their respective franchises. Great games, but not my favorite of the series.

San Andreas was a blast to play, from the story, character customization to, of course, the sheer size of the world. However, that broad scope was often a detriment. I remember having to trek for miles to get somewhere which could be tedious at time. Having to leave Las Venturas to go save my incompetent gang back home got annoying pretty quickly. The soundtrack was great as usual, but a step down from Vice City's.

On to Sonic 3. While the platforming was great, I always felt it was a bit of a step down from Sonic 2. That mainly has to do with the speed, as many new platforming elements kind of took away from it. There were just too many times where you have to stop in order to pulley yourself up. Sonic 2 nailed that sweet spot between speed and platforming, something Sonic 3 (and Sonic & Knuckles for that matter) missed. The soundtrack is the least memorable of the Genesis-era Sonic games. I also have a hatred of the invincible star music in this game as well. Still, the new shield power-ups were great and overall, it's still a fun game.

All and all, it comes down to which one I'd be more eager to replay first and that goes to Sonic 3. As a preference, I prefer platformers to sandbox games anyway. I wouldn't lose any sleep over a GTA victory though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back