Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Doctor

Great and Devious
Staff member
Super Moderator
Fallout_3_cover_art.PNG

Two installments of two highly-regarded RPG franchises. Both big-time sellers that raked in the awards. Which deserves to go through?

Final_Fantasy_XII_Box_Art.jpg

Man these two games were absolutely amazing. I've played the shit out of both these games and enjoyed every minute of them. Fallout 3 had so much to do it was overwhelming at times. Gorgeous landscape, tons of specializations, decent story, and fun gameplay. FF12 had a crazy story, near unrivaled graphics, a very good level system with tons of room to customize your party, and fun gameplay. The one knock against 12 is that the battle system seemed to play itself on occasions. You were mostly in control though. This vote will have to come down to personal preference for me. 12 wins by the narrowest of margins. It brought bunch of new aspects into the game and executed them to near perfection. I'm also not the biggest fan of FPS games no matter how fantastic they are.

A bit of a tough choice really

But I ended up voting for FF12 because like , honestly aside from screwing around in Fallout 3 the game itself the way its MEANT to be played like , the missions/story was quite annoying

I wrote something like a three page post on why FFXII is my favourite game ever and for some reason my internet refreshed so FML, I'm not doing that again. I'll just say I've never been so enthralled by a game the way I was with this, I'll be backing it all the way and perhaps I'll try writing out a better response once again if it gets through.

Bpth are good games and the choice was tough. I once again ended up voting against an FF title, but 12 for me is one of the weaker entries in the series. Fallout 3 is an awesome game and better than FF12 because unlike FF12, Fallout 3 never gets old. Part of that is due to all of the different things you can do each time around, making it never the same quest twice. FF12 on the other hand (while still a good game) really disappointed me, so it lost my vote in favor of Fallout 3 despite my FF fanboyism.

Tough call, but ultimately I would have to go with Final Fantasy XII. XII has a weak story, and some weak characters which is why I think it's sometimes regared as the worst FF because those are the two areas in which FF is supposed to excel. That being said though, the battle system and side quests were superb.

Fallout 3 is a great game also, but suffered from a lot of bugs, weak story, and the sloppy production values that Bethesda is known for.

I really want to vote for FFXII as it's criminally underrated and deserves more credit than it tends to get from fans. The refreshing political story, excellent battle system, and engaging cast puts it in my top 5 Final Fantasy games ever.

I loved every second of Fallout 3. The post apocalyptic world, the amazing story, weapon selection and character customization. There were some bugs here and there and the gunplay wasn't quite as polished at other FPS's but I never got tired of the game and wanted to explore every inch of the Capitol Wasteland.

Final Fantasy XII is a great game, but I enjoyed Fallout 3 more overall so it gets my vote here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back