Pink Floyd vs Lynyrd Skynyrd

• Pink Floyd

• Lynyrd Skynyrd

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

70's Region Final Four Match #1

#1 Pink Floyd vs #12 Lynyrd Skynyrd

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Polls will be open for 7 days. You don't need to vote right away - let's see some debate on these two bands before you all vote the winner in!

Is there even any doubt here?

Pink Floyd is one of the single greatest bands in history.

Skynyrd should count their blessings that they even got to this round. The fact that they knocked off Van Halen last round was a travesty in it's own right, so I hope to see a great classic psychadelic rock band like Floyd knock off an above-average Southern Rock band like Skynyrd.

Both The Wall and Dark Side of the Moon have stood the test of time in the history of the greatest rock albums of all time. But don't hesitate to check out the album "Animals" and of course "Wish You Were Here," which featured the legendary song "Shine On You Crazy Diamond" about the drug-induced decline of Syd Barrett, one of the founders of Floyd and their British Psych-rock sound.

Floyd is also credited with inspiring many progressive rock artists, including Yes and Genesis, as well as Peter Frampton, and has been mentioned as a major groundlaying influence on Nine Inch Nails.

[youtube]IXdNnw99-Ic[/youtube]

[youtube]vyqgjCKm9nQ[/youtube]

I really don't see how you can compre the two fairly. It's like comparing a curry to a chilli. Yeah they're both spicy and hot but they're two completely different dishes! Just because they both were big in the seventies doesn't mean their music comes even close to touching.

But I'd vote for Floyd. For me Floyd peaked with Live at Pompeii

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back