Foo Fighters vs Green Day

• Foo Fighters

• Green Day

Results are only viewable after voting.

IrishCanadian25

Going on 10 years with WrestleZone

90's Region Final Four Match #1

#17 Foo Fighters vs #4 Green Day

Please take into account the entire body of work of the artists, their mark on the music industry and/or society as a whole, their influence on other artists, lyrics, music, etc. If you have not already done so, please review the rules of the tournament and the Wrestlezone Forums. Have fun! PLEASE MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE BAND YOU INTEND TO VOTE FOR! MOVING FORWARD, IF YOU CLICK THE WRONG BAND, YOUR VOTE WILL HAVE TO STAND!

Polls will be open for 7 days. You don't need to vote right away - let's see some debate on these two bands before you all vote the winner in!

Greenday have gone as far as they're going to go in this tournament I think. I can't vote against the Foos, who are one of the most original bands I've heard in a very long time.

Foo Fighters join a very exclusive club in my mind, in which I have enjoyed every single bit of their music. No other, apart from Snow Patrol, have done that. The Foos make every song different, and work several styles brilliantly. They are becoming mainstream, without changing themselves. More people are beginning to enjoy their music, which they should.

Foos should win this region.

The Foo Fighters take this one easily. They are so diverse, and make music from the heart. They combine different kinds of styles of rock, and make one amazing sound. They are so talented it's almost ridiculous.

On the other hand, I've never been a fan of Green Day. They're music always seemed to poppy for me, and I hate their singers vocals. He sounds like a whiny little cry baby with a fake British accent or something. Their music is also real simple, without much depth (at least in my opinion).

Foo Fighters should take this round, and maybe even the whole Region. I would like to see them take on Alice in Chains in the final.

I'm going to give this one to the Foo Fighters, although mainly due to my dislike for Green Day. I think people are overrating "the Foos" quite a lot in this one. Diverse is something I wouldn't describe them as. I've never heard a song by them which is remarkably different to something I've heard from them before. They're not Coldplay though, but they're not Nine Inch Nails either.

Weird, I'm trying to make people think the Foo Fighters are generic after I voted for them.

I have supported the Foos from the beginning and I will not stop now. The Foos have far exceed my expectations of them here in this tourney, I never thought people would have them go over Nirvana but they did. The Foos have such a diverse catalog of music, I guess people don't realise it though. You go from a very fast up tempo song like "Monkey Wrench" to ballads like "Hero", "Best of You", then "Learn to Fly" and then you have songs that change throghout like "The Pretender" and "Long Road to Ruin".

I know people don't put much stock into them, but the Foos of have won a Grammy for Album of the Year on 3 of their 6 studio albums. That's pretty impressive in my book. These guys aren't considered by all as top bands of the 90s/00s, but they should be and I am glad this board has recognized them in this way, an 8-1 lead over Greenday in the regional semis. They have some great albums top to bottom that should be owned by all fans of great rock. Echoes, Silence, Patience and Grace is an awesome album and is constantly played in my car, there just isn't a bad track on there.

The Foos could win this region and that would be awesome, as they are a fantastic band that deserves the recognition.

I'm giving this one to the Foo Fighters as well. I'm not a big fan of Greenday by any stretch. To me they are average and have turned out enough good songs to make people assume they are actually better than they really are. The songs they release are good enough to gain mainstream success, but what else have they? A singer with a weak voice who looks like he hasn't been outside since he formed the band

As Stafro has pointed out, not only do the Foos have the ability to diversify, they do so and still remain popular, and have the musical talent of Dave Grohl and co to produce high class music. I mean, when was the last time the drummer of a band made it big? That shows how good they really are

I mean, when was the last time the drummer of a band made it big? That shows how good they really are

Wouldn't this show how good Nirvana is?

Because if drummer's never make it big, and their drummer made it big, that means that they had a lot more overall talent behind their drums than basically anyone else.

Wouldn't this show how good Nirvana is?

Not exactly. It probably shows how good Dave Grohl is. He was able to step out of the shadow that was Nirvana and create a band that a lot of people actually think is superior to Nirvana. That, and Grohl is just as talented as they come these days, as far as I'm concerned.

Oh, Foos get my vote, by the way.

Im going to have to say the winner of the 90s region to me will be branded as overrated. Look at whos fallen, Offspring, Nirvana and Rage Against the Machine, three bands who spawned 3 genres(in my eyes, Nirvana WERE the grunge scene, hairmetal was huge when Offspring were around and they cahnged that and NIN basically brought industrial rock to the masses)

Now your left with Greenday, who are hugely overrated in my eyes(only reason they got this far was due to having recent mainstream music success) and Foo Fighters(I do like this band, I do not think theya re the best band to come out of the 90s though. I think its down to recent chart success too)

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back