A Friendly Reminder About Kayfabe

I'm not believing any of the reports about him being buried tomorrow night. It's not that big of a deal' anyone could have seen it coming miles away. And if the WWE do go petty, then they should be ashamed.

I'm not believing any of the reports about him being buried tomorrow night. It's not that big of a deal' anyone could have seen it coming miles away. And if the WWE do go petty, then they should be ashamed.

This is WWE...the very same company that made fun of JR's colon surgery on air, in a fifteen minute segment, and constantly mock his Bell's Palsy.

I fully, fully expect them to be this petty. This report may just be speculation, but it isn't like WWE has earned the benefit of the doubt.

The worst part for me is that this wasn't a thing until WWE made it into one. WWE just decided to bring this up on TV and no one cared otherwise. Cena and Nikki's relationship is mentioned roughly once a year but it's off over E and TMZ. WWE didn't have to mention this but now they're going to destroy Rusev even further because a midcard story is "ruined". Such is life in WWE.

Oh, I agree that they are capable of doing it. But it's a nothing storyline anyway. No one is buying this shit and haven't been from the very start. Everyone knows that Rusev and Lana are together outside of the ring. Time for them to stop picking when and where kayfabe ends and just realise that it was a bullshit storyline to run with anyway.

Maybe come punishment is coming but I don't think he'll be buried tomorrow.

The worst part for me is that this wasn't a thing until WWE made it into one. WWE just decided to bring this up on TV and no one cared otherwise. Cena and Nikki's relationship is mentioned roughly once a year but it's off over E and TMZ. WWE didn't have to mention this but now they're going to destroy Rusev even further because a midcard story is "ruined". Such is life in WWE.

Meanwhile, Reigns and Wyatt will be ok, even after this photo makes the rounds.

Oh, I agree that they are capable of doing it. But it's a nothing storyline anyway. No one is buying this shit and haven't been from the very start. Everyone knows that Rusev and Lana are together outside of the ring. Time for them to stop picking when and where kayfabe ends and just realise that it was a bullshit storyline to run with anyway.

Maybe come punishment is coming but I don't think he'll be buried tomorrow.

At the end of the day, this appears to be Vince's play toy, and all of his characters like little action figures.

Consider this for a second...had you ever seen Rusev beaten in under three minutes before last Monday? Cena didn't do it to him, Orton didn't; at the least, Rusev's matches are really competitive, even with his decelerated push.

And now, he's losing in three minutes to Ryback, of all people.

A mid-card story which no one had any interest in beyond wondering where the performers would move on from there. Beyond losing the fifteen minutes of filler a week, this should be a blessing for them. They can abort the angle and no one has to do anything completely stupid, like pull a fish out of a box.

A mid-card story which no one had any interest in beyond wondering where the performers would move on from there. Beyond losing the fifteen minutes of filler a week, this should be a blessing for them. They can abort the angle and no one has to do anything completely stupid, like pull a fish out of a box.

I know I'm firmly in the minority but I liked it. The idea of Rusev trying to get various titles had some (limited) potential.

Trying to be optimistic here. If WWE wants to continue that storyline so badly, just have Lana get back together with Rusev while Dolph agrees to let Summer be in his corner. I predict it ends with Dolph (Summer in his corner) defeating Rusev (Lana in his corner) to finally end this thing.

I gotta agree with KB on the fact this wasn't a thing until WWE made it one, they didn't have to mention it and if they didn't it wouldn't have mattered to the story at all. There are pictures of Bray with his kids acting like a normal guy all the time but it's never been an issue so why is this an issue?

If you're going to punish Lana and Rusev for this then they should punish the whole locker room for it as well as damn near all of them are guilty. I saw a pic just last week of Bray and Roman hanging out together, I've seen pics on Cena with Nikki Bella while he's in romance storylines so how is this any different?

It's also more proof that the "any publicity is good publicity" line is nonsense. I mean it's not like we needed more proof of it but here's some extra just in case.

I'm sorry Rusev, but I'm perfectly willing to sacrifice your carreer for this storyline to die and go away forever. When all said and done, could be one of the most destructive failures in a long time

And of course, the other WWE trope comes into play. Rusev is paying for Lana playing on social media.

I'm sorry Rusev, but I'm perfectly willing to sacrifice your carreer for this storyline to die and go away forever. When all said and done, could be one of the most destructive failures in a long time

I fully believe Rusev wa willing for this storyline to be over.

The only one who didn't want it to be over? Why, the guy writing it, of course

And of course, the other WWE trope comes into play. Rusev is paying for Lana playing on social media.

Serious question; what are the odds this was uttered in the creative meeting?

"Well goddamn, this guy can't keep his woman in line on social media. How can I trust him to keep this storyline going when he can't control his woman!"

A mid card story that was terrible to begin with.

I fully believe Rusev wa willing for this storyline to be over.

The only one who didn't want it to be over? Why, the guy writing it, of course

n7H-zjCK_400x400.jpeg

Emmy award winning stuff this Rusev/Lana feud.

The above picture, along with the Rusev situation, makes my skin want to leap off my body.

Doesn't make the WWE any less hypocritical and insane if the rumors are true. Selective enforcement at its finest.

lol WWE has you all looking forward for Monday Night Raw in a time where ratings aren't so great..

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back