A Hypothetical Question...

JGlass

Unregistered User
You walk into the stall at a public bathroom to pee. You look into the toilet and see that the previous user did not flush after urinating, but he also dropped a single bill (as in unit of currency) in the toilet.

You have a pair of rubber gloves in your pocket.

What is the lowest denomination of American bill you would fish out of the urine filled toilet with the gloves, wash it off at the sink, and put it in your pocket?

And feel free to tell me how you reached that conclusion.

If that was confusingly worded (esp. for our international friends who may not understand American idioms), please ask questions to clarify.

Depends on a number of variables. Smell, how intoxicated i am, how much money i have on me, how much more money i think i want to spend, where i am, etc.

If I'm drunk enough i'd probably pick up a fiver (the lowest bill in australia) especially if I'm in a venue that i can gamble in.

If I'm sober and in a restaurant its probably going to need to be a 50 to tempt me, $20 if i'm short on money until next payday.

If its a public toilet. Fuck that shit

Do I have more than one pair of rubber gloves? Cause the cost of new rubber gloves not covered in pee would factor into my decision.

$5 I definitely wouldn't do it. For a $10er I'd like to say I could control myself and wouldn't go for but who knows when push comes to shove. Definitely going in for a $20. I would snorkel in the urine for $50.

I'd maybe grab a $100. Would only do it if I had rubber gloves and was immediately going home to shower after peeing.

I worked at a McDonalds back when I was in college and I had to clean the bathrooms from time to time. I would use gloves and a cloth to clean other people's piss, so I would have no problem going for 5€. It's more than enough for a pack of smokes, which is what I would spend that piss money on.

I worked at a McDonalds back when I was in college and I had to clean the bathrooms from time to time. I would use gloves and a cloth to clean other people's piss, so I would have no problem going for 5€. It's more than enough for a pack of smokes, which is what I would spend that piss money on.
So you'd dive into urine in order to kill yourself.

Sounds like you've got a great life, buddy. ;)

What I really want to know is how much it would take deanerandterry if he was peeing in a ladies room v a mens room.

That conversation would go well.

When I talked this over with my friends, I decided that I'd definitely do it for a $20, maybe for a $10 if I really wanted cash for some reason, an only for a $5 if I was intoxicated.

I think Hard Hit Prince raises a valid point of having had experience cleaning up pee. I used to work at a hospital and would occasionally have to clean up bodily fluids, so it doesn't gross me out that much so long as I have the proper equipment. The part that would be grossest in my opinion is actually taking the gloves off and touching the money and putting it in your pocket. Wash it with soap and water all you want, it's still gonna be the bill that was floating in urine.

When I talked this over with my friends, I decided that I'd definitely do it for a $20, maybe for a $10 if I really wanted cash for some reason, an only for a $5 if I was intoxicated.

I think Hard Hit Prince raises a valid point of having had experience cleaning up pee. I used to work at a hospital and would occasionally have to clean up bodily fluids, so it doesn't gross me out that much so long as I have the proper equipment. The part that would be grossest in my opinion is actually taking the gloves off and touching the money and putting it in your pocket. Wash it with soap and water all you want, it's still gonna be the bill that was floating in urine.
I work with children. I have lunch duty and have eaten my lunch while showing a janitor where a child vomited.

It's not a "gross out" factor for me, it's an effort factor. You'd have to put on the gloves, fish out the bill, wash the bill, dry the bill, find a way to get it home, etc....it just wouldn't be worth the effort for me.

I'm far from a rich person, but I'm comfortable enough that $100 is not enough for me to go to through a lot of extra work.

$5. I'm glad for any foreign currency I can lay my hands on at the moment.

Барбоса;5647065 said:
To be honest, there are more than likely far worse things on any bank note than sterile urine.

Urine's sterile but urethras aren't.

We used to do it at work, put a coin in. £2 and £1 always went. 50ps and 20ps as well.

10 and 5ps stayed.

I work with children. I have lunch duty and have eaten my lunch while showing a janitor where a child vomited.

It's not a "gross out" factor for me, it's an effort factor. You'd have to put on the gloves, fish out the bill, wash the bill, dry the bill, find a way to get it home, etc....it just wouldn't be worth the effort for me.

I'm far from a rich person, but I'm comfortable enough that $100 is not enough for me to go to through a lot of extra work.

I feel like people have to deal with much worse for longer periods of time for less money than even a $5. Ultimately I think we're talking about 2-3 minutes of work for pulling a bill out of the toilet and cleaning it to the point that you feel okay putting it in your wallet. Assuming the whole process takes 5 minutes (a very conservative estimate), even a $1 bill would be the equivalent of $12/hr, which is above the minimum wage in I think every state.

We used to do it at work, put a coin in. £2 and £1 always went. 50ps and 20ps as well.

10 and 5ps stayed.

And you guys have the nerves to call yourself Pals.

If you have gloves on you & are somewhere where money falls in the toilet when taking a piss... you are probably an OCD gentleman at a strip club & are not likely to take the money. Or you are on the cleaning crew at said club & honestly it is more likely someone dropped it after blowing some powder up their nose. In that case, return the money for a snowy reward.

Also, ew.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back