Adult Animated Movies.

Mac Attack

I'm neat.
I recently have watched the animated movies of UP and How to Drain Your Dragon. These movies are clearly targeted to appeal to the younger audience however I realized that the older audience absolutely love these movies as well. So it got me wondering if there is a larger market for these movies. I think they would need to be well done, however with the animated cartoon like features appeal to kids. So this caused the creation of this thread which poses the following questions.

Is there a large market for these movies?

What sets apart a kid animated movie from a multiple aged animated movie?

What makes adults have interest in animated movies?

Would you enjoy seeing theses types of movies?

How to Drain Your Dragon.
I hope animals were harmed in the making of that.

Is there a large market for these movies?
Well, yeah. I'd say there is a large market for cartoons for adults. With stuff like Family Guy, South Park, The Simpsons and anime not to mention how DC and Marvel have been releasing very successful straight-to-DVD movies, I'd say the cow is cashing quite well.
What sets apart a kid animated movie from a multiple aged animated movie?
The plot and it's elements. The characters. Most of the time characters are directed towards kids by making them larger than life or a child they can associate with. Of course the focus is changed in filmed aimed towards adults. Take the elements of different Batman incarnations. When geared towards kids, he and the other characters are far less violent and are more tolerant. Like the old Adam West show. But when you gear it to adults, you get The Dark Knight. In cartoons, the same can be applied for the old 70's cartoon and Batman:TAS.
What makes adults have interest in animated movies?
Well for one, the plot needs to be something serious. The characters need to draw adults in. Whether by being more mature or developing through the film. If you put Cars next to The Incredibles 9 out of 10 adults will pick The Incredibles due to how it presents a conflicting family.

Would you enjoy seeing theses types of movies?

I wouldn't make such a long post if I didn't.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back