AF 6: Mayhem Rules: Ace Stevens vs. Stevenson Marquel vs. Johnny Scumm (Mayhem Title)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ty Burna

Getting Noticed By Management
After winning the championship from one of the best Mayhem competitors at the Lottery in an Open Challenge, Ace Stevens won't have much time to celebrate as he takes on Stevenson Marquel (a man who impressed management during the Battle Royale) and Johnny Scumm (who is competing in his last Mayhem title contest). Can Scumm finally grab the gold of the Mayhem title and reign atop the division or will the champion retain? Or can Marquel's dominance shine through again to take victory?

Deadline is Tuesday, March 20th at 11:59 PM Central Time.

Inside a small conference hall, two cameras have switched on at either side of the room, facing towards a podium set on a small stage, with the WZCW logo up behind it. One camera pans the room to see around 150 people sitting down in chairs, waiting for the Press Conference to begin. At that point, WZCW Interviewer and Aftershock announcer Becky Serra comes out to the podium, to a smattering of applause.

Serra: Hey guys! If you’re looking at me now, you’re either sitting right in front of me, or you’re one of the possible millions watching us live on WZCW.com! Welcome to the post Lethal Lottery press conference, where we’re going to have a few wrestlers come out and talk to you about their Lethal Lottery experiences and how they think their careers might change on the road to the biggest Pay-Per-View of the year, Kingdom Come!

The fans cheer for the mention of the biggest and greatest WZCW Pay-Per-View as Becky waits for them to settle down.

Right guys, up first and out to the podium is a man who hasn’t been having much in the way of luck recently. However, with his degrading luck, you guys seem to be growing to like him that much more. He failed at being successful in a battle royal before the Lethal Lottery aired, meaning he wouldn’t receive a shot at the Mayhem Championship that night. He’s been given another shot on Aftershock next week, where he’ll face off against the Mayhem Champion Ace Stevens, along with Stevenson Marquel, in a Mayhem rules match for the Mayhem championship. He has been warned though, that if he doesn’t come out with the belt, it will be his last Mayhem Championship shot. So, ladies and gentlemen, without further ado, please welcome to the stage… JOHNNYYY SCUMMM!!

The crowd cheers for Scumm, but he doesn’t come out. Instead, Chris Kline, Scumm’s best friend comes out to the podium and the crowd quickly begins to quiet down.

Kline: As you might or might not know, my name is Chris Kline. I’m one of Johnny’s good friends and have been ever since back in the days of our backstreet, hardcore fighting. Becky, that introduction you just gave him was awful. This man, Johnny Scumm is a fighting star and has been all his life. Since joining WZCW, he’s been up against some of the best. Sometimes, he may not have come out on top but he’s always fought at 100%. He’s put his body on the line every week, fighting I multiple Mayhem Rules matches and beaten bloodied and bruised. More importantly, recently his own mind has been filled with multiple emotions and he’s come to realize that what he does isn’t always for him. I’ll let him tell you more about that though. Finally, on Aftershock next week, he’ll be fighting in a Mayhem Rules match against the Mayhem Champion Ace Stevens and the other contender, Stevenson Marquel. He’ll win this, for you guys. Next week you’ll see him lifting the Mayhem Title above his head proudly. With that then, it gives me no greater pleasure to introduce to you, the next Mayhem Champion…. JOOOOOHNNYYYY! SCUUUUUMMMM!

Members of the crowd that are Scumm fans erupt as others just applaud as they would any other superstar. Out comes Johnny Scumm to the stage, but before heading to the podium, he walks to the front row of fans and raises his arms up high, as they cheer on at him. Scumm’s signature Mohawk has been died blue and yellow, a sign of the electric reaction he’s getting right now. Scumm walks up to the podium and puts his hands down, ready to speak.

Scumm: Whew. You see guys; this is what I’ve realized I was missing that whole time. I always had 100% energy, but what I needed was 200%. The other 100% came from you guys. It started one day when I was out with Chris and a couple of kids approached me. I expected the usual “We hate you Scumm” reaction, but no. These kids were fans of me and they wanted to get an autograph and to get to know me. I was hesitant because I’ve never been able to trust anybody, ever. But after a small realization, I gave the kid what he wanted. It dawned upon me that I don’t really have a problem with the fans, or any of the people who watch and appreciate wrestling, unless they hate me that is. The real people I have problems with are the wrestlers. I’m looking at you Ace Stevens.

The crowd cheer for Scumm’s opening statement as by using his hands, he gets them to simmer down.

That’s why, after re-evaluating what I was doing in the first place, I’m rethought myself. I’ve changed and more than likely for the better. In the ring when you watch me, I’m still going to be brutal, I’ll not hold back at all, but when I’m out of the ring, I’m appreciating you guys. Hell, I’ll even appreciate you when I win the Mayhem Title next week and I’ll come and celebrate with you, how about that? Now, we’ve all recently watched the Lethal Lottery and you guys saw me for 10 seconds right? You could’ve seen me for a lot longer, but things didn’t go as they were meant to. I was all set to challenge Justin Cooper for the Mayhem Title, but the bastards running that place decided to screw it all up at the last moment. They put on a battle royal before the show went on air to determine who would face Cooper. I struck up a little partnership with Ace Stevens, or so I thought, until he stabbed me in the back and threw me over the top rope. You can see why I have problems with the wrestlers in this company. None of them know how to act correctly at the right times. I do and I could’ve had that match won easy. When it came to Stevens facing Cooper for the title, I knew Stevens was going to win it. Heck, anybody could’ve won it that night, Cooper was awful. He wasn’t up to his game at all. All I know was I was unlucky. I had fans approach me that night telling me that they had faith in me and I was proud of myself, but just unlucky. The night got even worse then when I thought I’d pulled it out of the bag, attacking Joe West to take a Lethal Lottery entrant number. Only then that bastard Rush slammed me in the back of the head with a steel chair. Don’t you worry; I’ll get him back for that one day. He’s fighting Blade next week, why not turn up to that with Steel chair?

The crowd is murmuring among themselves as if this could be something interesting for Scumm as a voice pops out from the crowd, which everyone can recognize as Becky Serra.

Excuse me Scumm, but can we move on to the subject of your Mayhem Title match next week?

We can Becky, but seeing as you’re being so demanding, we’ll hold it off a minute. I just want to tell everyone who supports me a few things. You see, growing up, life was never a good thing. I was hurt as a kid; I was getting into fights every day of the week, which led to me being sent away from home. I couldn’t bare to be somewhere I didn’t know, with people I didn’t know, so I ran from my life and ran into a life of fighting until you or the other person couldn’t fight no more. I ran into the proverbial brick wall. I had no proper home to live in and no proper clothes to wear. Eventually, I began to make a life for myself, get in some money until my “manager” bailed me out of the shit and put me up in a home. It was only a year or so ago when I heard of WZCW and began working and striving towards a job in the biggest wrestling business going. Once I knew I had enough money to put towards an apartment and the training, I moved over here and look at me now. A star in WZCW, earning the money to keep me going and the best life I could possibly ask for, even if I live in a crappy apartment where the wallpapers falling off and things break every second of the day. I’m finally living what I wanted to live and you people are helping me along every time you cheer for me and chant my name, Johnny Scumm.

At that point, Scumm begins a loud “Johnny Scumm! Johnny Scumm!” chant throughout the building. He sits smiling as the people cheer his name and as he raises his arms, the crowd begins to quiet down once more.

Now, I suppose we better please Ms Serra and the people backstage who are coming out to talk to you. I doubt they’re as interesting, but I suppose they’ll have to do. As has been said by Becky and by my good friend Chris, I will be fighting in a Mayhem Rules, Mayhem Championship match on Aftershock. It won’t be a one on one affair though, as I’ll be facing the champion Ace Stevens, along with Stevenson Marquel. Two formidable opponents, but only one winner? You’re looking at him right now ladies and gents. You see, I’ve not only changed my attitude to the fans, but also my attitude to fighting. Don’t expect me to walk in and come out on the losing end of things here. Expect to see me make a pinfall after hitting whoever it might be with the FaceBreaker and walking out the NEW Mayhem Champion!

The crowd cheers for Scumm who can only grin at this moment.

You see, I may be up against two opponents, but neither of them are as seasoned as me when it comes to Mayhem Rules matches and the amount of time we’ve spent in the business. Stevens only got lucky at the Lethal Lottery and Marquel is lucky to even be in this title match next week! But if there’s one thing that surprises me about this match, it’s that all of us couldn’t be more different. Take Marquel for example. A failed rapper, failed gang criminal and failed at life. Shot twice in the leg and the abdomen, but he’s a wrestler? Not only that, but he speaks… in rhyme! Sorry, I thought I was wrestling Stevenson Marquel, not Dr. Seuss. I thought that Darren Bull was pathetic, but we may have just an all time low ladies and gentlemen. He probably believes he’s got a chance in the match next week, but we all know he’s got the 0% chance here. Who knows, maybe he’ll get shot again and won’t be able to make it! Or he’ll end up coming out with some sort of illegal weapon in our match next week. It’s might be Mayhem Rules, but nowhere does it says you’re allowed to kill people, does it Dr. Seuss?

A few members of the crowd laugh at the comparison between Marquel & Dr. Seuss, but it winds away quickly as Scumm leaps into another verbal tirade.

Now I move swiftly with my focus onto the champion, Mr. Lucky himself, Ace Stevens! Mr. Stevens calls himself a comedian; well I think I might call myself one as well. Who wants to hear a joke, anybody?

The crowd is silent, waiting for Scumm to come up with someone as he stands there. Slowly, he moves his head towards the microphone.

… Ace Stevens. There’s your joke. The man calls himself a champion, even though he’s held the belt for little over a week. He thinks he’s all that and amazing, but he’s nothing more than an over-hyped pretty boy. Nobody likes him! He’s not funny, he’s a cheating thief and he’s most definitely not a good wrestler. Like I said, anyone could’ve beaten Cooper at the Lottery and Stevens was the lucky man in the ring. The worst part is, Stevens doesn’t like the extreme violence. He’s afraid of Mayhem. Look into his eyes and you can see the child in him shining through. You expect him to run into one of the corners and start bawling his little eyes out. He might be a petty thief, but he’s definitely not worthy of Mayhem, which means he’s certainly not worthy of the Mayhem Championship belt wrapped around his waist. You know who is? This man in front of you, Johnny Scumm.

The crowd finally erupts fully and chants MAY-HEM! over and over again. Scumm take the microphone out of its stand and walks to one corner of the stage, jumping down to be in front of the crowd.

Now, to finish, to prove to you that none of my opponents are worthy of the Mayhem Championship, I’ve taken a little leaf out of Stevenson Marquel’s book for this next piece. He thinks he can rap, well apparently now, so can Johnny Scumm.

Stevens and Marquel, it’s Mayhem Rules,
Scumm’s gonna make you look like fools.
Beating you within an inch of your lifes,
Better get someone to call your wives.
You should be afraid to enter the ring,
Won’t wanna hear that “Ding ding ding”.
Mayhem Champ, it’s gonna be me,
When I leave you down for that one, two…three!

As Scumm spits out the word three, he drops the Microphone to the floor and walks out, Kline following on behind him. The crowd cheer him out of the building and all Scumm can do is hope he walks out the Mayhem Champion on Aftershock.

Ace Stevens
Born In The USA(ce)

In his favourite leather jacket, Ace Stevens is half-walking, half-strutting down Bedford Avenue, Brooklyn. The sun is shining, he’s just won the Mayhem Championship, even his personal assistant Lewis Middleton isn’t completely annoying him. All seems right with the world.

“So this man is letting you use his bar just for this interview?”

“Yeah. He’s my bro and I haven’t seen him for a while. Plus, he doesn’t open till six.”

“And why am I here?”

“’Cause you’re good company.”

“Really?”

“Nope.”

As they reach their destination, McLaren’s bar, Middleton is quick to point something out.

“Hey, it’s like in that TV show. Erm... How I Met-“

“This was here first!” exclaims Ace, as if he’s heard that comment before.

Upon entering the bar, the duo are immediately greeted by the bartender, an excited Marty McLaren.

“Ace, my boy! We all saw it. Man, it was rough, but you did it!”

Stevens bumps fists with Marty, and thanks him for his kind words.

“So can I get you guys a drink?”

“Not for me, Marty. Gotta be sharp for this interview thing.”

“How about short-stop here?” Marty says, as his gestures towards Lewis. “Does he even drink?”

“Water, please. When one is working, one must refrain from alcohol.”

“OK, but just a bit of advice. When one is in Brooklyn, one might want to stop calling themselves “one”. Unless of course one wants to get one’s ass kicked.”

“Consider that advice taken, sir.”

“Does he always talk like a assclown, Ace?”

“Unfortunately.”

A small yet comfortable silence befalls the situation as Marty gets Middleton his drink.

“Hey, so you didn’t bring the belt? Shame.”

“Who said that, Marty?”

Ace opens his leather jacket to reveal the Mayhem Championship belt fastened around his waist.

“What? So you just been wearing it around?”

“You would too if you knew how many chicks it’s gotten me.”

“How many?”

“Two. So far.”

“Wow, so that’s basically doubled your tally.”

“Nice. Good gag there.”

“Can you blame me? You set it up, I had to knock it out of the park, Jeter-style.”

The two Americans laugh, as the British Middleton looks slightly confused.

“It’s baseball, Lulu. Baseball.”

“So who’s coming today? Let me see, you’ve got the old guy, the nerd, hot chick #1 and hot chick #2. Who’s it gonna be?”

“Hot chick #2, I think. Don’t quote me on that, though.”

Just then, almost instantly, as if it had been planned for comedic effect, Leon Kensworth walks through the doors of the bar, catching the attention of Ace immediately.

“Great. May as well get this over with then. Lulu, you stay here with Marty. He might be able to teach how to be less of a douchebag.”

As Ace walks over to the table Kensworth is sitting at, the interviewer rises to his feet to greet the champion, extending his hand in the process.

“Sit down Leo, I haven’t got all day for this.”

“OK, well first of all, congratulations are in order. How does it feel to be Mayhem champion? Are you at all worried about having to defend your title?”

“Look, whenever some asshole wins a title, you know what happens, Leo?”

“Um, they sa-”

“Whenever someone wins a title, they talk about how every is now out to get them. They talk about how they have a target on their back, and everyone has arrows. Not me, Leo. Ya’ see, I know that no one has the guts to come after me. West, Howard, Bull – they all saw what I did to Cooper. Tell me, Leo, would you want to be stuck in a ring with the baddest son of a bitch on planet earth, and a ‘barrow full of weapons?”

“I gue-”

“No. No you wouldn’t. And neither would Marquel, Scumm or any other coward who likes to put on a pair of boots and pretend they’re a wrestler. I mean, I’d be surprised if they ever grow a pair of balls and try and face me.”

“I’m sorry?”

“What? You didn’t catch that? I’m tellin’ you now, no one is going to try me.”

“So you haven’t heard?”

“Heard what?” says Stevens, slightly intoned with annoyance.

“About your next match. You’re going up against Johnny Scumm and Stevenson Marquel on Aftershock. Defending your title in the process.”

“Really?”

“Fresh from the WZCW headquarters this morning. Look.”

Kensworth takes his phone out of his jacket pocket, fiddles with it for five seconds and hands it to Ace.

“See? It’s on the front page of the website.”

The demeanour of the Mayhem Champion chages almost instantly. His jovial mood turns into full blown anger, as his open hand turns into a fist. Rage - a swelling sense of injustice - comes over him. Suddenly, Ace launches Kensworth’s phone at the nearest wall, taking the interviewer aback.

Seconds pass in silence, although they feel more like minutes.

“Just go.”

“B-But I can’t. I came all the way to Brooklyn to interview you.”

“And now you can go all the way back to whichever part of the country you like to call home, ‘cause I don’t feel like being interviewed today.”

“It doesn’t work like that...”

Ace goes to the bar and grabs his Mayhem Championship belt.

“Ya’ see this? It means I’m the Mayhem champion. And it means that you do what I say. Which is go away!”

“OK.”

The briefly strong-willed Kensworth grabs his briefcase and leaves in silence while Ace adjusts his hair.

Ace returns to the bar and his cohorts, Marty and Lewis.

“Things OK, buddy?” asks Marty as he mindlessly wipes a glass.

“Scotch and soda, please.”

“Gotcha.”

---​

“And just over there is where Stevenson Marquel once sold drugs to a crack-addicted single mother.”

“Really?”

“I’m guessing.”

Days after his ‘interview’ with Leon Kensworth, Ace Stevens is once again walking through his hometown of Brooklyn, New York with his personal assistant, Lewis Middleton.

“I must say, it was awfully nice of WZCW to arrange another interview, and to fly out Mr. Kensworth once again at great expense. I don’t understand why they couldn’t conduct an interview over the phone, however.”

“Me too, Lulu. Me too.”

“I believe this it, sir” says Middleton, gesturing to the cafe in front of them.

As the odd couple enter the fairly busy cafe, they see no sign of Leon Kensworth. Instead, the familiar sight of Becky Serra beckons them over to a table.

“Where’s Kensworth?”

“Hello to you to.”

“Yeah, hi... whatever. I repeat, where’s Kensworth?”

“He was more than hesitant to do this interview after what happened a few days ago.”

“What happened a few days ago?”

“Well, according to Leon, you threw his Blackberry across the room in a fit of anger after learning about having to defend your Mayhem Championship on Aftershock.”

“Whoa there, let’s clear some things up. I didn’t throw the phone, it slipped out of my hand. My hands suffer from a lack of grip. It’s a medical condition. Go on Wikipedia or something. Secondly, I don’t care about who I face for my title, and I don’t care when. They could set up a ring in this cafe, get Marquel and Scumm down here and I’d beat them down as soon as possible.”

“That’s some good trash talk there. But I’m afraid I haven’t turned on the Dictaphone yet. Please, take a seat so we can actually do this interview.”

“Excuse me, sir, but is there anything I can do? Don’t get me wrong, standing by your side while you deliver some of your signature trash talk is a rewarding experience. But I can’t help but feel that I could be doing something a bit more useful.”

“Hmm, something useful...”

Ace reaches into his pocket and pulls out a twenty dollar note.

“You can go up to the counter and get me my usual. As well as whatever the lady wants.”

“An iced tea would be great. Thanks.”

“And after that, sir?”

“Well you can go stare at that wall if you like. Or you can come back here and see me do what I do best: be awesome.”

“I’ll take my chances with the wall, sir.”

As Ace’s assistant walks away, Serra quietly giggles to herself at that last remark.

“Something funny?”

“Your assistant. He’s cute, too.”

“What? You’re sitting across the table from one of the greatest comedians that ever lived, as well as the Mayhem champion. I’m funnier than him. Hell, you’re probably funnier than him.”

“No, he’s got that Hugh Grant vibe going on. I'm digging it” says Becky, who has not taken her eyes of Middleton.

“Yeah, this is getting weird. Can you stop looking at Robin and do your job, which is to interview Batman.”

“Of course. So I thought we’d start with Scumm, and then move onto Marquel. Of course, we’ll move onto other things, but I want to keep these names central to the interview. Ready?”

“I’m always ready” says Ace as he reclines in his seat.

“That... was weird, but let’s go!” replies Becky in her typically jubilant manner as she turns on her Dictaphone.

“Johnny Scumm has undergone a bit of a character change recently, embracing the fans a bit more. Will this change your approach to him?”

“Approach? I’ll treat him the same as anyone who gets in my way, by beating the crap out of him. “Good guy”, “bad guy” – I don’t care. The bottom line is he sucks, and I don’t like him.”

“You don’t like him?”

“You do?”

“He’s growing on me.”

“Oh yeah, we’ve already established that you have a thing for Limeys.”

“It’s not that. He isn’t fake. I like that. He means what he says.”

“Yeah, but he sucks. And I really mean that. Did you see him at the Lethal Lottery?”

“I saw you betray him in the battle royale.”

“I was referring to him getting hit in the face with a steel chair by some big hairy dude. But let’s talk about your thing. Ya’ see, I was teaching him a lesson. He was riding my coattails, so I threw him over the top rope. He’s been here for months, which by WZCW standards pretty much makes you a veteran. He needs to start performing like it.”

“Ah yes, the experience factor. So Johnny Scumm’s experience doesn’t bother you at all?”

Ace bursts in to fits of laughter.

“Sorry... um, what’s so funny?”

“That you just said Scumm has experience. It was funny.” Still mildly laughing Stevens continues “Experience implies positivity, you know? But it seems that the only experience he has is that of losing. The guy loses all the time.”

“But what about the 'mayhem' factor? The man seems to have a thirst for violence and brutality. Your good self, on the other hand, seems to hate it?”

“Hate it? Becky, I’m the champion of it.”

“Some say that your constant desire to stay away from the weapons in your Lethal Lottery match against Justin Cooper amounted to little more than cowardice. Not my words, of course.”

“Some I'm a coward now, because I prefer to use my fists? The only cowards in this company are whoever I face on any given day. You know why? Because they’re the only people who walk to the ring with real fear in their hearts, and fear is what makes a coward.”

“And there’s nothing you fear?”

“You catch on quick. I don’t fear anyone or anything. And why should I? I’m the greatest professional wrestler of all-time, the toughest son-of-a-bitch working the Earth today and... what do you want?”

Middleton has returned to the table, drinks in hand.

“I come bearing gifts. There’s an iced tea for Becky, and this is your tall, low-fat caramel macchiato without cream.”

“Ah, ah, ah. What did I tell you to call me?”

“Sir, is this completely necessary?”

“Absolutely.”

“General Ace, Champion of Awesome.”

“In context, please.”

“This is your tall, low-fat caramel macchiato without cream, General Ace, Champion of Awesome.”

“Hmm, I’d like you to work on that, Lulu. Really inject some emotion into it.”

“Of course you would. Now, about that wall...”

Becky once again giggles at Middleton’s caustic wit, as he walks away from the table.

“Just ask me about Marquel” says a slightly irritated Ace.

“Certainly” replies Becky, as she checks her notes on the table.

“It would be fair to say you and Marquel have some history.”

“Not really. Yeah, we both grew up in Brooklyn, but I never spoke to him. I mean, I knew of him, sure. But I was never really into that whole selling crack and shooting people thing that he was so fond of.”

“I was actually referring to the fact that he beat you a couple of weeks ago.”

“H-He beat me? Why was I not informed?”

“Are you really going to play dumb on this?”

“Look, I really don’t know what you’re talking about.”

“It was a triple threat match. Involving you, Marquel and Hiro Kota Koji.”

“Oh, I remember him beating that little ‘Japanese’ dude. But me? Nah, I don’t remember him ever having my shoulders to the mat.”

Realising that pursuing the idea of an Ace Stevens loss would be like getting blood from the proverbial stone, Serra continues with her questioning.

“I have to say, if there’s one thing I’ve picked up from your tweets and comments in interviews, it’s that you really don’t like him. Where as a Mikey Stormrage gets a mention in your interviews, Marquel gets comment. On Twitter, too, it seems as if Marquel is always in your crosshairs. Why?”

“Honestly, it’s because I don’t like the guy. I really don’t like him.”

“Do you want to go into any further detail?”

“Sure. I don't like him 'cause he’s self-righteous, a coward, a bully, a rapper and he has no business being in my presence, let alone my ring.”

“Look, Ace. It’s my job to get you to speak and tell the world what’s on your mind. So I have to ask, is this really you?”

“What?”

“This arrogant exterior. Sure, I interview guys who are full of it all the time. But even Joe West didn’t call himself the “best wrestler who ever lived” in his second week here. Darren Bull didn’t ask for a World Heavyweight Championship match as soon as he got here. Is this a mask? Because if it isn’t, I’m worried about just how delusional you are.”

“If there's one thing you need to take away from this interview, it's that I never exaggerate, and I never say things I don’t mean. So when I say that I’m the best damn wrestler in the world, you best believe that I’m the best damn wrestler in the world. I’m as good as a guy like Showtime Cougar thinks he is. I mean, it’s frightening just how good I am.”

“I’ll take your word for it.”

“You can take my word if you want. Or you can wait till Aftershock and watch me dismantle Scumquel in a matter of minutes.”

“Scumquel?”

“The name of the temporary team they’re inevitably going to form in our match. Like it?”

“It needs some work.”

“Whatever” replies Ace, in a tone not resembling annoyance, but rather an out-of-character playfulness, matching Serra’s comment.

“What’s your motivation going to into the match on Aftershock? Obviously, there’s the title, but I sense there’s something else at work here.”

“My motivations are three-fold. I’m going to beat Scumquel on Aftershock because I refuse to live in a world where either of them are a) a champion, b) a winner of a wrestling match or c) considered to be higher in status than me. I consider it a public service to beat them for the Mayhem title. No one wants them anywhere near a title. Don’t believe me? Watch this.”

Ace grabs the attention of a fellow patron, sat at a table close-by.

“Hey, you. Do you want Johnny Scumm to be the Mayhem champion?”

“Who?”

Ace returns to Becky.

“Exactly.”

“I’m not sure that proves anyth-”

“It proves everything. It proves that the people don’t want Scumm. They don’t want Marquel. They want Ace.”

Stevens rises from his seat and from out of nowhere, begins to chant “USA.”. After repeating it a few times, a table of four at the back of the cafe join in. Another table begins. And then a couple more tables join the chant. Suddenly, it seems as if the whole cafe (with the exception of Serra) is chanting patriotically. The jingoism is palpable.

Almost inaudibly, Ace returns to Serra. “You hear them? They’re all chanting my name.”

Stevens returns to a standing position and re-joins chant, this time adding his own small twist.

“USAce! USAce! USAce!”

"No hesitation in extermination of these snitches" -Tupac Shakur, Runnin' (Dying To Live) feat. Biggie Smalls

The camera opens in a very large garage right off of the side of the streets in Brooklyn, New York. Inside of the dark garage there are many punching bags, mats, and jump ropes spread out across the place. Near the middle of the garage, there sits a wrestling ring, and the camera zooms in on the ring. Sitting in on of the corners of the ring is WZCW superstar, Stevenson Marquel, wearing a dark black sweatshirt and dark black sweatpants, while resting his arms on the bottom ring ropes.

Marquel: This is what it comes to. All of these years of changing myself, and it all comes down to this. Mayhem, noun, random or deliberate violence or damage. Three men, one title, one chance to make a change. No more words, just action, no just violence. Something that I have been around my whole life. Something that I'm used to, and something that I'm not afraid to embrace. No rhymes, no raps, no lyrics here, just focus. James is at his house not too far away from here ready to watch me........watch us win a title. I didn't think that I would be here, especially so early in my career. I did beat Stevens in my debut in the triple threat, and I did do all of his dirty work in the battle royal, I just didn't think it would get me a title shot so early. Mayhem, something I have been around my whole life. I may be a rookie at mayehm matches, but when it comes down to the real thing, I'm a real veteran. No one in that match, not Stevens, and especially not Scumm has seen what I've seen, or has been through what I've been through. Neither one of them can come close to relating to me. All of the mistakes I've made, all of the friends I've lost, life goes on you know, but for Stevens and Scumm, they don't even have a clue. They have no idea what I'm bringing to this match.

Marquel stands up near the center of the ring, and takes his shirt off. He then removes the many bandages of his stomach, exposing the massive wound that he has.

Marquel: You see this, it's a wound. It's a scar, a bruise, a bandage that I can't do anything about right now. It shows who I am, and what I stand for. It shows who I am. It symbolizes me. It shows the tough roads I had to take, and it shows what I had to pay for. The thing is though is that I'm here, and I'm here to stay. Scumm and Stevens can talk all of the trash they want, they can tell Becky Serra or my boy Leon whatever they want, but it won't matter. I have learned something that Scumm doesn't know, and that Stevens clearly doesn't know, and that is that words don't mean a thing. Not a thing, unless you can back them up. Scumm has had I don't even know, like 4 Mayhem title matches, and has yet to grab a win in any of them. Scumm can't even talk. He can't talk, he can't wrestle, and obviously he can't rap, I saw what he tried to do, and it was completely awful. Stevens is blind to change I think. Stevens tries his hardest to get people to both laugh at his jokes, and get people to not like him. It is insulting to me how he just completely turns his back to all of the people who basically pay his bills. Stevens has no right being here, he has no right being champion. I worked hard to get here, and went through very rough roads, while Stevens has always had it made out for him.

No raps
No rhymes
No crimes
Marquel, Stevens, and Scumm meeting in the ring
To crown the true mayhem king
A match with chairs, tables, and bats
It's time for me to change these rats
You'll see me here in the middle of the ring
I don't have to make them bleed
The one, two, three is all I need.

Marquel puts his bandages and shirt back on as he walks to one of the turnbuckles, and sits on the top one. Marquel blankly stares in to the camera, while humming a beat in his head.

Marquel: Johnny Scumm just plain flat out has the wrong view towards life in general. The brotha' thinks that he can make people change their opinions on him with a snap of his fingers, Johnny, trust me, I'm trying to help you out here, you're flat wrong. You don't understand the word change, do you? Change is when you make a difference in people's lives, change is when you don't just say you're going to be a good guy, or a hero. Change is when you actually do it! Your views are all wrong, maybe instead of just saying that you gain energy from the fans, and that you were wrong when kids would walk up to you, and ask you for an autograph, and you would just shove them away. You were wrong, but now you're even more wrong. Instead of saying you're going to embrace the people, than prove it. Johnny, the amount of change I've made in my short time here in WZCW just shows you what one man can do. Do some community service, Johnny, you can even do something as little as smile at random people who you pass by on the streets, or for you, the "the streets". Johnny, you say that you were "hurt as a kid", you say that you got in to "fights" as a kid. Stop trying to get pity out of all these fans, Johnny, come on bro. Don't play the pity game, because that is plain cheap, you know? If you ever came close to going through what I went through, you would not be where I am. You would not be near where I am, and that is a flat out guarantee. Johnny, I can see through you, I know this is all an act, the pity, the all of a sudden, "oh, I'm sorry for being a massive asshole, I'm sorry, and now all of you can like me now". No! That's not it Johnny, start trying to make a difference, and then maybe I will be able to even look at you eye-to-eye, but I just can't. I can't, but what I can do, no, what I will do is beat your head in to the ground, not with any illegal weapon you spoke of, but with my hands, my elbows, my knees, my shins, Johnny, I don't have to look at you to pin you. I'm coming brotha' and I doubt that you're ready.

Marquel gets off of the turnbuckle, and back on the mat. He then slides under the ropes, and on to the floor. Marquel stands there, and looks around, he looks at all of the punching bags across the garage, and all of the jumps ropes spread out across the floor, before taking a deep breath. Again, Marquel stares blankly in to the camera.

Marquel: Ace Stevens is a man that I'm very, very familiar with. I know he sold out the men's bathrooms in MSG for three nights in a row. You see Ace, I can rhyme and make jokes, but one of the many differences between me and you is that my jokes are relatively funny. Another difference between me and you is that I'm not a coward. No, I'm very far from a coward. You see Ace, brotha' just like Scumm I know what you think. I know that mayhem isn't quite your thing, and that you don't enjoy getting hit. Ace, you say fear makes a coward. Ace, you say people get scared when they see you in the ring. Brotha' I've been in scarier spots than in a ring with a 6 foot 3 "That 70's Show" character wannabe. Enough with the insults Ace, let's get real here. Actions speak much louder than words, I've proved that in our debut triple threat match, and I'm going to prove it in our mayhem title triple threat match. There's not much more to say here Ace, just know, when we stare each other down in the middle of the ring at Aftershock 6 I guarantee you that there won't be fear in my eyes the real question is, will it be the same with you?

Marquel then slowly drops down, and sits down on his knees. Instead of looking in to the camera, he looks down at the floor.

Marquel: You see boys, I don't need a whole big interview with Leon or Becky that will go on WZCW.com, or go on TV. I don't need all of this publicity to make a point. To make a change. I know I've been through some rough roads, but I don't ask for pity when I talk about it. I want people to embrace my story, and know what I've came from. Neither Johnny or Ace know what I've been through, or have even come close to experiencing what I've been through. A match with a few tables and chairs won't mess with me. I hope Johnny, Ace, and the rest of the WZCW roster, and the WZCW fans are ready, because I'm making a change. I'm going to win the mayhem championship, and Ace and Johnny are just going to have to deal with that. I'm coming for that mayhem title.

I'm not even going to spit out a rhyme
I'm just too focused.

Marquel stands up, and walks towards the exit doors of the garage. He stops just short of the doors, and throws his arms up in the air. He puts his arms down, and looks back at the camera with a smile. He then turns back around, and turn the lights on, before opening the doors, and walking out the garage. The camera then turns to the rings, and focuses on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back