Alternatives to ending the roster split

Why Always Me

WWF Champion
A lot of discussion has been made lately about ending the roster split, however that would cause some problems though with the amount of wrestlers, plus other minor stuff such as commentary team etc.....

My main gripe is the fact that there are so many titles, I mean I thought it was stupid when there were 2 world champions, but to now have 3 simply sux

I dont think it is fesable to end the split, however there are ways around it

unify the respective titles, and sack off ECW

So you would have

WWE Title
Tag titles
IC title
Womens title
Cruiserweight title

maybe down the line even introduce the TV title, with WCW rules (time limits etc)

have the titles on both shows, so whomever is champ gets to go on both shows (and when a ppv match is set, even have the challenger/s eligible for both shows

finally, perhaps even have a show on saturday (could be once a month, or weekly) which would be the top stars from both raw and smackdown to further build fueds

this way, the split will still be in force, prestige (sp) retunded to the titles and the WWECW would be gone, as well as allowing feuds to develop

what ya think, add anything if you think it needs to be

I think you can keep the commentary teams as is, they did on Smackdown before the brand extension, but I agree there are too many titles. I wish they would end the split, but if they don't having the champs on each show would work.

Also, it was reported a few months ago that USA wanted a 3 hour show each month. If that's true, why not have the RAW after a PPV be 3 hours? That way they would be able to recap and start new storylines, while having an extra hour for more wrestlers.

i think they should have unification matches for the titles between for every title wwe whc and with everything else and still have two shows a week just make it that u can only compete (excludes interfering) on one show a week but anyone can go anywhere. then just make the ecw title a extreme rules title where just like the hardcore title it is defended at anytime.

imagine the matches undertaker vs sabu or hbk vs rey mysterio

that would be kick @$$

This thread is stupid. The only talk about roster split right now is in between the geeks who want it to happen so badly that they have convinced themselves that it MIGHT actually happen. WWE is fine as it is now. For one I enjoy having RAW and SD offer 2 differ kinds of a weekly show. RAW being more mainstream entertainment type of a show attracks wide audience and is the cutting edge show right now, like it or not. SD on the other hand is a nice kick back to the old school with quality matches on it, good angles and in my opinion 2 best wrestlers in the world, Chris Benoit and The Undertaker.

So i conclusion, titles wont be unified, brands won't be unified. Stop dreaming and get a life. Peace.

k if u dont think it has a chance of happenin y u come here?
u like going around dissin ppl on the internet just cause it probly wont happen dont mean u have to be an @$$ bout it

ya raw and smackdown are good shows but i dont think they got enough good talent on the rosters.

now would be an awsome time to end the split and imo i think it will happen around wm time cause of alll these interpromotional matches for no reason.
so u go out and get a life dmacidur the one on here tryin to start $hit.

This thread is stupid. The only talk about roster split right now is in between the geeks who want it to happen so badly that they have convinced themselves that it MIGHT actually happen. WWE is fine as it is now. For one I enjoy having RAW and SD offer 2 differ kinds of a weekly show. RAW being more mainstream entertainment type of a show attracks wide audience and is the cutting edge show right now, like it or not. SD on the other hand is a nice kick back to the old school with quality matches on it, good angles and in my opinion 2 best wrestlers in the world, Chris Benoit and The Undertaker.

So i conclusion, titles wont be unified, brands won't be unified. Stop dreaming and get a life. Peace.

I am many things in life but I aint a geek, thank you.

You made some good points, so no need for the insult.

I would just like to see things more like they used to be, I got all nostalgic from watching old WWF/WWE ppv's, so thought I would start the thread.

No need to be hating, life is too short.

Well they did the roster slipt in the first place because number one, it was to much hasly for wrestlers to be on two shows a week plus a ppv. It was just to tiring. also, WWE wanted to expand there roster and get more guys in.

I diagree with ending the roster split.

For starters, there would be a lot less main event spots. Think about the guys who you would have to see on BOTH RAW and Smackdown! every week... HBK, Cena, Batista, Edge, Orton, Lashley, Mysterio, etc, would have to be seen twice a week, that's a given.

Then there's the talent that needs to be on at least once a week and a lot of the time twice a week in order to further higher mid card talent and their storylines... Carlito, Flair, Kennedy, Finlay, Booker T, Kane, Chavo, Jeff Hardy, MNM, etc.

That would a lot of guys with talent being shown AT THE MOST once every two weeks. Shelton and Charlie Haas, Helms, Matt Hardy, a lot of the cruiserweights and ECW guys, etc.

A lot of talent would have to be let go and a lot of people you see often these days would disapear off the face of WWE.

There would be limited spots available to debut new talent and it would be very hard to get them over.

Moreover, think about it, and this is one reason why the brands were split to begin with, not everyone has access to one brand over the other. This way people can enjoy one show and actually get to follows storylines for the most part instead of missing a bunch of episodes and being lost. This way fans get attached to specific brands.

I am many things in life but I aint a geek, thank you.

You made some good points, so no need for the insult.

I would just like to see things more like they used to be, I got all nostalgic from watching old WWF/WWE ppv's, so thought I would start the thread.

No need to be hating, life is too short.

Nothing's stopping them from doing those matches with the brands split. They've shown now they're not afraid to have certain superstars jump brands for one night only or for a little while or something.

Personally I can't wait to see HBK vs. the Undertaker one more time, they've been kind of teasing it with all this stuff. But what's awesome (and the split helps this), is that we won't really hear about it because their on different brands, but if and when they do eventually meet, the animosity will already have been set into place.

I also disagree with ending the roster split, I think a viable alternative would be to have 1 undisputed title again. BECAUSE it would give more ephasis on the IC and US titles. These are underused atm because there isnt enough room to fit them in. In the good old days of the undisputed title each Roster would have a no. contender for the undisputed title, this was wayyy better because it meant there were only 3 guys at a time in the title picture. Each brand would alternate between ppv to who would face the undisputed title (except Wrestlemania obviously which would be the RR winner) I think this could be brought back again, it would really boost the prestiage of the other titles as there would be more people to go at them, thats my view on it anyway.

i think they should just try to get more people on ECW so they can add more titles to them, TV Title, Tag Team.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back